Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kent State Professor Calls for Jihadist Victory in 2007
Bookmark and Share
jupitertoo Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Kent State Professor Calls for Jihadist Victory in 2007
Self-proclaimed "Most dangerous Muslim in America" is an associate professor at Kent.

See drudge report...
02-28-2007 05:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mollautt Offline
1st String

I Root For: Miami RedHawks

=>Linky:

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/MikeS...schoolyard

I always knew Jim "Christian" was a freaking terrorist in disguise!
02-28-2007 05:42 PM
Zip81 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Akron-BGSU-MAC

Yep....just validates what we've always said about that school.
02-28-2007 05:47 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State

What, that you re opposed to free speech?

Look, for the record, I think the guy's view is completely wrong. But unless he's threatening harm, there are people fighting for his right to voice an opinion, even though must would find it reprehensible. If he is threatening, he should be arrested and charged.

Move along, nothing to see here.
02-28-2007 10:32 PM
Advertisement

OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats

Now we need homeland security to detain the Kent State basketball team next week for questions about terrorist activities. That Q guy off the bench, Scott and Omni "OSama-bin" Smith would be my recommendations for lockup.....Then let them out March 11......after Kent has been de-armed and ofcourse defeated......... lmfao
02-28-2007 10:33 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the MAC Spin Room? It has nothing to do with sports.
02-28-2007 10:34 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Quote:"I believe that everyday -- and I don't want to be hyperbolic but frankly every hour of every day -- there are Al-Qaeda forces ... that are trying to figure out how to attack us," Rice told a Senate panel.

Our Secretary of State, Condy Rice

[quote]AL-QAEDA STRONGER AND BOLDER THAN ON 9/11: "The audacity of a suicide-bomb attack on Tuesday at the gates of the main American base in Afghanistan during a visit by Vice President Dick Cheney underscores why President Bush sent him there
02-28-2007 10:39 PM
Advertisement

akronzip Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ohio state

Funny how you guys are willing to chat when it comes to meaningless threads about random stuff regarding Akron. Come on flashies. We can't help that your faculty shares the same radical views as your student body.
02-28-2007 10:48 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

akronzip Wrote:Funny...meaningless...random...Akron.

I believe we have agreement.
02-28-2007 11:16 PM
Liam9903 Offline
Field Marshal

I Root For: WesternMichigan

Yet another reason why you should stay off the drudge report
02-28-2007 11:30 PM
Advertisement

FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Excerpt from an article in the Record Courier today. Looks to be untrue, the guy they are citing is not a KSU professor after all:

Quote:Following an investigation, the university said it found:

* "no evidence that this Web site is authored by Pino" and "contains no reference to him or Kent State,"

* "There is no connection between this site and the university. No university servers or other resources have been used to create or maintain the site,"

* "Further, there have been no complaints registered about Julio Pino's classroom conduct or demeanor, by students or other instructors," and

* "The opinions on the Web site do not represent the university. We do not speak for Pino nor defend any views he might have, and he does not speak for Kent State, his department or other faculty."

KSU has, according to the statement, issued a cease-and-desist order to the blogs "and other sources that are writing or disseminating information that associates Kent State with these opinions or this Web site.

"The university and Pino have been subjected to hate mail and threats, and we will continue to monitor the issue," the university statement concluded.

A picture on the "Global War" blog that conservative bloggers purport to be Pino is not, in fact, a picture of Pino. A picture of the professor is freely available on the KSU Web site.

Other people who posted responses to Adams' blog also questioned the use of taxpayer money to pay Pino's salary and when not making death threats against him -- one such post outright suggests he be shot in the head -- call for Ohio taxpayers and Americans to write Gov. Ted Strickland, KSU trustees and President Lester Lefton demanding Pino's immediate firing.

In his posting, Adams -- the author of "Welcome to the Ivory Tower of Babel: Confessions of a Conservative College Professor" -- provides no proof that Pino is the author of "Global War." Pino has been a target for numerous conservative blogs, many of which can be accessed simply by typing his name into Google.com, in the past.
03-01-2007 06:53 AM
mollautt Offline
1st String

I Root For: Miami RedHawks

FlashFan Wrote:Excerpt from an article in the Record Courier today. Looks to be untrue, the guy they are citing is ot a KSU professor after all:

Quote:Following an investigation, the university said it found:

* "no evidence that this Web site is authored by Pino" and "contains no reference to him or Kent State,"

* "There is no connection between this site and the university. No university servers or other resources have been used to create or maintain the site,"

* "Further, there have been no complaints registered about Julio Pino's classroom conduct or demeanor, by students or other instructors," and

* "The opinions on the Web site do not represent the university. We do not speak for Pino nor defend any views he might have, and he does not speak for Kent State, his department or other faculty."

KSU has, according to the statement, issued a cease-and-desist order to the blogs "and other sources that are writing or disseminating information that associates Kent State with these opinions or this Web site.

"The university and Pino have been subjected to hate mail and threats, and we will continue to monitor the issue," the university statement concluded.

A picture on the "Global War" blog that conservative bloggers purport to be Pino is not, in fact, a picture of Pino. A picture of the professor is freely available on the KSU Web site.

Other people who posted responses to Adams' blog also questioned the use of taxpayer money to pay Pino's salary and when not making death threats against him -- one such post outright suggests he be shot in the head -- call for Ohio taxpayers and Americans to write Gov. Ted Strickland, KSU trustees and President Lester Lefton demanding Pino's immediate firing.

In his posting, Adams -- the author of "Welcome to the Ivory Tower of Babel: Confessions of a Conservative College Professor" -- provides no proof that Pino is the author of "Global War." Pino has been a target for numerous conservative blogs, many of which can be accessed simply by typing his name into Google.com, in the past.

=>Exactly the reaction I would expect from a college that teaches the virtues of terrorism to their students.

I think Kent should be reprimanded by not allowing the Golden Flashers from competing in the MAC tourney. We should all petition Rick Chryst.
03-01-2007 11:51 AM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Quote:KSU has, according to the statement, issued a cease-and-desist order to the blogs "and other sources that are writing or disseminating information that associates Kent State with these opinions or this Web site. "

mollautt,
Shall we issue this personally by those tax payer supported officers of the court?
03-01-2007 09:37 PM
kentfan32 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Kent

this idiot wrote a poem in 2002 praising a young teenage girl suicide bomber... i was in school at the time, it was published in the Daily Kent Stater. Then he is dumb enough to post on Jihad website's using his kent.edu email. He should be at the very least fired, if not thrown in a camp somewhere where he can't hurt this counrty.
04-05-2007 11:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.