Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FB Position Changes
Bookmark and Share
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
FB Position Changes
Can anyone summarize the known position changes since the end of last season? Has the DL and LB depth been addressed? How about the two DT's that redshirted last year, Emedobi and Radney? Are they still in the program and have they bulked up at all?

Spring practice is right around the corner.
02-15-2007 09:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emueaglefootball Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

emedobi is no longer with the program
02-15-2007 09:36 AM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

Chalk another casualty of the 2006 recruiting class gone. And out of the ones that remain how many have bad attitudes refusual to work etc?

Last year's recruiting class is turning out to be a disaster. The class that was to build depth had the opposite effect. The one before that wasn't much better in terms of number of kids that left the program.

No wonder EMU football fans take a wait and see attitude about recruiting classes. Vegas would love it if they could set odds on whether these kids make it past the first game.
02-15-2007 11:36 AM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

It looks like about 50% of the 2006 class is gone. The bright spots in this class appear to be White, Hatchett, and Young. Perhaps others will also emerge as they get more playing time.

The 2007 class needs to come through for EMU.

I'm amazed that a kid can toss away a full-ride scholarship so easily. Evidentally they can't see beyond the football field and have no value on the educational side of the deal. If one of my kids were to forfeit a full-ride scholarship without a good reason........let's just say there'd be h*ll to pay in my house.
02-15-2007 01:33 PM
Advertisement

huroncowboy Offline
1st String

Agree its a chance to play Div I football against some tough competition.
The odd thing is these kids who leave don't seem to do a whole lot elsewhere, its like they disappear. It isn't good for the program or for them.
02-15-2007 01:56 PM
BGSUalum1987 Offline
Noah's Dad

I Root For: BGSU!

I've analyzed our recruiting classes several times over. This sort of attrition isn't really that surprising. I agree about giving up the schollie. I don't care if you're the fifth-string punter on a team riding a 30-game losing streak and the coach is a raving lunatic. Get your behind to practice, study hard and get that FREE college degree.

01-lauramac2
02-15-2007 02:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

Our defensive line depth is shrinking. With Johnson switching to offense and Embedoli gone, we may have to play true frosh.
02-15-2007 06:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.