Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT - Global Warming forum cancelled due to cold weather...
Bookmark and Share
Kedzman Offline
All American

I Root For:
OT - Global Warming forum cancelled due to cold weather...
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash8.htm

lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao
02-14-2007 08:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies

Don't be silly!

You should know that global warming causes cold weather as well as warm weather? It also causes weather that is both warm and cold.

The fact that there were so many hurricanes In 2005 is proof of global warming, as well as the fact that there were so few hurricanes in 2006. This is further emphasized by the fact the 2004 was an average year for hurricanes. One can only conclude that there must be global warming.

The UN has stated ""Warmer temperatures will lead to prospects for more severe droughts and/or floods in some places and less severe droughts and/or floods in others."

This has been borne out in the past year, as there has been really wet weather in some parts of the world, really dry weather in other parts, while other parts of the world have had weather that is somewhat wet, and weather that is somewhat dry.

There must be global warming, to even think otherwise is heresy.

RUN AND HIDE! THE SKY IS FALLING!!

03-woohoo 03-woohoo 03-woohoo 03-woohoo 03-woohoo 03-woohoo
02-14-2007 11:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators

Huskie_Jon Wrote:Don't be silly!

You should know that global warming causes cold weather as well as warm weather? It also causes weather that is both warm and cold.

The fact that there were so many hurricanes In 2005 is proof of global warming, as well as the fact that there were so few hurricanes in 2006. This is further emphasized by the fact the 2004 was an average year for hurricanes. One can only conclude that there must be global warming.

The UN has stated ""Warmer temperatures will lead to prospects for more severe droughts and/or floods in some places and less severe droughts and/or floods in others."

This has been borne out in the past year, as there has been really wet weather in some parts of the world, really dry weather in other parts, while other parts of the world have had weather that is somewhat wet, and weather that is somewhat dry.

You may have a good point there. I have noticed recently that there is more hot air emanating from my rear end these days. I think the global warming has caused the masses over my gluteal hemispheres to clash, resulting in the unforseen turbulence. I did not realize how serious and all-encompassing this global warming is. Let this serve as a warning - or a good excuse - for you all! 03-melodramatic
02-14-2007 11:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

You're actually correct. even if you were being a little sarcastic.
02-14-2007 11:29 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC

There may not be global warming, but this was by far the warmest December to January period that I can remember, going back 30+ years. I mean, we were getting temperatures in the 50s in mid-January. It was so warm it was freaky. Now it's back to normal. There's at least local warming, though that of course could be due to Dog Fan.
02-14-2007 11:54 AM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

Quote:You're actually correct. even if you were being a little sarcastic.

Stop trying to force your religion on me! ;-)

Blaming this weather on global warming would be like saying that NIU lost the Poinsettia Bowl because God wanted Texas Christian to win.
02-14-2007 12:54 PM
Advertisement

garyindiana Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Re: OT - Global Warming forum cancelled due to cold weather.
Kedzman Wrote:http://www.drudgereport.com/flash8.htm

lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao

This is obvious that you have no idea what global warming is.
02-14-2007 01:17 PM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

Quote:This is obvious that you have no idea what global warming is.

Global warming is whatever you want it to be.
02-14-2007 01:27 PM
NIU27 Offline
Banned

I Root For:

The other day I got a shower and got wet - a sure sign of global warning, I then used the blow dryer before I went out in 20 degree weather and my hair dryed in a couple minute - this never would have happened without global warming.

Later that day I went to the health club and sat in the steam room - DAMN that was hot and humid!

I believe!!!

01-wingedeagle 01-wingedeagle 01-wingedeagle 01-wingedeagle
02-14-2007 01:37 PM
NIU27 Offline
Banned

I Root For:

NIU007 Wrote:There may not be global warming, but this was by far the warmest December to January period that I can remember, going back 30+ years. I mean, we were getting temperatures in the 50s in mid-January. It was so warm it was freaky. Now it's back to normal. There's at least local warming, though that of course could be due to Dog Fan.

When I was a kid in '82 or so there was 60 degree weather with thunderstorms on Christmas Eve - that was about the time that TIME and the NY Times said that an new Ice Age was coming and there was nothing that we could do about it.

Yep - these guys know what they are talking about.
02-14-2007 01:39 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies

Huskie_Jon Wrote:
Quote:This is obvious that you have no idea what global warming is.

Global warming is whatever you want it to be.
You guys aren't very bright are you? Nowhere does it say it can't get cold or snowy even if GW is real(which I believe it is). It is that the overall temperatures of the earth are rising. Oh, and the warmer the air is, the more moisture it can hold meaning that more snow actually is capable of falling. But I am sure Jesus will save us from us completely ruining the Earth right Kedz? ;-)
02-14-2007 01:44 PM
Advertisement

huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox

NIU27 Wrote:
NIU007 Wrote:There may not be global warming, but this was by far the warmest December to January period that I can remember, going back 30+ years. I mean, we were getting temperatures in the 50s in mid-January. It was so warm it was freaky. Now it's back to normal. There's at least local warming, though that of course could be due to Dog Fan.

When I was a kid in '82 or so there was 60 degree weather with thunderstorms on Christmas Eve - that was about the time that TIME and the NY Times said that an new Ice Age was coming and there was nothing that we could do about it.

no one on this board is qualified to talk about the legitimacy or lack thereof of global warming. Unless you've thoroughly studied the subject, and can dispute or back up those studies and specific points, everyone is just blowing hot air here. End of conversation.
02-14-2007 01:46 PM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators

huskiealum03 Wrote:
NIU27 Wrote:

no one on this board is qualified to talk about the legitimacy or lack thereof of global warming. Unless you've thoroughly studied the subject, and can dispute or back up those studies and specific points, everyone is just blowing hot air here. End of conversation.
End o' Subject
02-14-2007 01:53 PM
NIU27 Offline
Banned

I Root For:

huskiealum03 Wrote:
NIU27 Wrote:

I am so glad that you think you have any right to end conversations - ignore it if you want.

FYI -- the earth has been warming since the last ice age.

Concurrent with the rise in global mean surface temperature during the 1990s (the "hottest decade on record") there was a dramatic drop in the number of surface reporting stations, especially in Arctic regions of the former Soviet Union. Not surprisingly, when you eliminate a significant number of lower temperatures from the set of global reported temperatures, you obtain a higher mean.

Is there some global warming - most would agree yes.

Is it caused by humans - who knows!

Will global warming wreck havoc to the world - no one knows, it may lead to more fertile ground worldwide, more temperate climates worldwide, more food, and less cold!
02-14-2007 01:58 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

NIU27 Wrote:
huskiealum03 Wrote:
NIU27 Wrote:

I am so glad that you think you have any right to end conversations - ignore it if you want.

Concurrent with the rise in global mean surface temperature during the 1990s (the "hottest decade on record") there was a dramatic drop in the number of surface reporting stations, especially in Arctic regions of the former Soviet Union. Not surprisingly, when you eliminate a significant number of lower temperatures from the set of global reported temperatures, you obtain a higher mean.

Will global warming wreck havoc to the world - no one knows, it may lead to more fertile ground worldwide, more temperate climates worldwide, more food, and less cold!
So we do nothing and only act when it is too late. Glad you hate your kids and grandkids. 04-chairshot
02-14-2007 02:06 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Huskie_Jon Wrote:
Quote:You're actually correct. even if you were being a little sarcastic.

Stop trying to force your religion on me! ;-)

Blaming this weather on global warming would be like saying that NIU lost the Poinsettia Bowl because God wanted Texas Christian to win.

Global warming is not a religion. I hear what you are saying, and I am not saying this snowstorm or cold is because of global warming......but global warming is happening. The average temperature in the Arctic region is slightly up and some of the glaciers are starting to melt, thus slightly raising sea level and slightly raising the average temperature of the oceans. And over the next several decades it will continue if CO continues to be consumed at the rate it is now.
02-14-2007 02:15 PM
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU

I blame Al Gore.
02-14-2007 02:19 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

Lord Stanley Wrote:I blame Al Gore.
I blame the ignorance of humans.
02-14-2007 02:20 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators

Whether or not there is global warming is a moot point. Who cares? We and our descendants won't be around long enough to see any cataclysmic effects of global warming. The Muslim terrorists are curently in a jihad to destroy the "non-believing" human race, anyway, and that destruction will occur a lot quicker than anything caused by global warming. 05-stirthepot
02-14-2007 02:23 PM
NIU27 Offline
Banned

I Root For:

RobertN Wrote:
NIU27 Wrote:
huskiealum03 Wrote:
NIU27 Wrote:

So we do nothing and only act when it is too late. Glad you hate your kids and grandkids. 04-chairshot

"Glad you hate your kids and grandkids" - What BS - that is the crap that is spewed by people who don't want to have a legitamate discussion.

You live in a fantasy world - even the most optimistic envirornmentalists say that implementing there ideas would have little if any impact on the climate.

the VAST majority of scientists who believe in global warming don't see it as a cataclysmic event. This is a big media driven let's sell newspaper issue.

Go back and look at stories from 20 years ago - they say that all the rain forests will be gone in 20 years, that the coasts will be flooded and unliveable, and numerous other claims - NONE of them happened.

If you wonder why there is more storm damage now than 50 years ago - it is because more people live on the coasts!!!
02-14-2007 02:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.