Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Ohio Verbal?
Bookmark and Share
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU
New Ohio Verbal?
JJ Sports Huddle is reporting that Ryan Kuhlman a 6'3, 235 TE/DL from Findlay Ohio has verbally committed to EMU. Ryan was a first team NW Ohio District pick at DE.
02-05-2007 09:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EagleWarrior Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Recruit
Cowboy...I have some questions..I know you study recruits, recruiting, etc alot more than I do, and know much more about it than me...But what is a District in Ohio? is it like all-league? all-area? How did this kid fare statewide?...I guess without knowing those answers, Im not too impressed with all-district players as oppossed to all-state players...I really dont want to see EMU waste any scholies on kids who wont ever see the field....was he 1st, 2nd, 3rd team all-state?...By no means am I bashing the kid, I dont know anything about him...just wondering how EMU is basing the talent level on........thnx
02-05-2007 11:15 AM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

Ohio is like Michigan there are different levels, 1st district NW isn't all State by any means, Warrior but its not bad. Think of it has being honorable mention All State. He's not in the Rivals database, ESPN or Scout databases. I think District I would be like MI's Class A but not sure. Maybe Nick Skins could help us on that one.

Now JJ Sports Huddle isn't a bad site, it has featured articles on guys like Nate Wilson from Mentor and Corey Welch both guys EMU are or were interested in.

I don't how JJ does their ratings but for example Williams at QB from Miamisburg is in their top Ohio 100. English, Sawyer and yes Kuhlman are in their second 100. Everyone has an opinion I guess.

According to JJ Sports Huddle Shieves has been picked for the Ohio Pennys All Star game and he wasn't All State either.

In terms of how EMU evaluates their talent some of it is comes from films,
EMU summer camp and scouting games. Do they "reach" sometimes? Yes, they do. White last year would have been a sleeper by any means.

By the way it looks like Baptiste from Naples Lely gave his verbal to UNLV.

We will see when the final list comes out whether Kuhlman is in or out.
02-05-2007 11:29 AM
EMUTRACK1574 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU, CCSJ

All District in Ohio just that area. Finday is D-1 for football(ohio has six divisions) and for the kid that is pretty good since he has all of the toledo city schools in the district and some of them are heading to BCS programs.
02-05-2007 12:11 PM
Advertisement

EagleWarrior Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Recruit
Thnx for the explanation ( i think)...lol...was just wondering how all_NW district compares to all-league, all county, all-state etc...i know most recruits sometimes are "reaches"...but like i said, i hope they dont bring in akid who will be in over his head...D.White is a good example of a "surprise".....im hoping it works out for this kid from Ohio......
02-05-2007 01:44 PM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

I don't think any college recruits a kid based on the post-season honors he gets (All State, All League, etc). These honors are typically picked by the media and involve politics. Example: A kid with average talent at a state power HS will often get more respect (an more awards) than a kid with better talent at a lesser school.

What really matters is what the college coaches think of the kid. That info is gonna come from camps, game film, visits, etc. I don't think the coaches make their evaluations based on the evening paper.
02-05-2007 02:13 PM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

Someone was nice to answer on the main MAC forum-see Miami recruiting done thread.

We had one player we looked at (Ohio te) but didn't offer go to Fordham and another player we did offer (ILL lb) also verbal to Fordham.
02-05-2007 03:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.