Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dave Lawson
Bookmark and Share
Mikerochip Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Dave Lawson
Your S&C coach is rumored to be CMU's new S&C coach. Just in case, can anybody here tell my his philosophy? For example, does he advocate Olympic weight training, which worked very well for Longo?

Also, do you consider his leaving a negative- great coach and even worse going to a rival- or a positive- lousy coach and best of all going to a rival.

Again, this is an unverified rumor. Thanks in advance for any insight.
01-29-2007 02:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

huroncowboy Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU

Well I hope the rumor is not true. I thought he did an excellent job last winter, several players put on some pounds they needed to be stronger ie Matthews, Holtzclaw, Richardson come to mind and I thought at least on the games I went to the starters played almost the entire game and they seemed to be in good shape.

Actually I hope he stays and works with our latest 340-360 pound recruit.

Someone asked whether a 350 pound lineman is too big for Div I, but I recall a former EMU player LJ Shelton who played around 330-340 range in college.
01-29-2007 02:41 PM
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies

Dave is very good and quite dedicated. So you Chimps best not steal him away, got it! 05-mafia
01-29-2007 02:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
IF
CMU steals him away from EMU, it might highlight what I find most frustrating about Eastern.

Monies for salaries are such that we can't keep staff from comparable institutions.

I'm not talking about keeping someone from jumping to UofM, I'm talking about the guy making a LATERAL move.

I remember seeing the salaries for asst coaches when Ramsey was hired. Not even 50K / year.

Ditto monies for recruiting. NO wonder we recruit Michigan so hard. We can't afford to recruit all over America like WMU.

Money, money, money...
01-29-2007 04:01 PM
Mikerochip Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

The poster who brought it up said the new S&C had a connection to EMU, which lead to the assumption it was Lawson. It could well be Lawson's assistant. Guess we'll all know for sure soon enough.
01-29-2007 04:29 PM
Advertisement

HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies

Well, I am now hearing that Lawson may be gone as well. Much better offer from CMU reportedly.
01-30-2007 08:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Arrohead Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CMU
Lawson
CMU has a much nicer weight facility as well. Sorry guys. We hope he is half as good as our last strength coach......
01-30-2007 08:53 AM
Advertisement

EMUTRACK1574 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU, CCSJ
Central got Lawson
http//www.cmuchippewas.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10500&ATCLID=777357
01-30-2007 05:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

past story in the Echo about coach Lawson...

http://www.easternecho.com/cgi-bin/story.cgi?21449
01-30-2007 05:42 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

huroncowboy Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU

Any word on who they might be thinking of to replace Lawson?
01-30-2007 08:12 PM
EMUTRACK1574 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU, CCSJ

Hopefully they get smart and bring back Dave Zemba. He was the S&C coach at Bowen until he got pink-slipped in January of 2005(three days after the semester started). Gragg hopefully will get someone through his Arkansas connections.
01-31-2007 03:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.