Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Huron Cowboy - wr concerns
Bookmark and Share
Dennis Rachwal Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Huron Cowboy - wr concerns
Any specifics on Fox from Muskegon Hgts? Someone said that Rivals listed him as having 4.7 speed - hell that's slow for a wr. He had good stats but I'm wondering how much the incoming wr clas will contribute. Sawyer caught 43 ball for around 743 yds and I never seen any stats on the other wr frosh who committed early. A lot of negativity was posted on the other board about his performance or lack of.

I'm always looking for the big breakout receiver and home run threat!

P.S. I'm thinkingthat with Schmitt out of spring drills that Jones and Gage will be the QB's - Gage's improvement at WR will not be helped if he needs to paly QB.
01-27-2007 09:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

huroncowboy Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU

All our WRs were recruited by more than one MAC team. Your right Fox is the slowest of the three or four brought in. I would discount nonsense from a person who had a problem with Hunter who has 4.6 speed. Sawyer with 4.5. By the way Walters had 4.7 speed and well you know the rest of that story. If you're looking for another Canada that doesn't happen everyday. I'm confident the guys like Derek Hunter, White, Pratt, Lewis who had a terrible year, Bracey who also play WR, Stone who has some potential will step in up. Last year too many drops. I'd settle for less of a home run threat than a running attack that can open up the TE and WRs for those nice steady 10-20 yard receptions.

Schmitt's health does concern me both short term and long term. We'll have better depth at QB in the fall. Its too bad we didn't get a JUCO QB, but that's the way it appears it will be.
01-27-2007 10:02 AM
Dennis Rachwal Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
HUNTER AT WR
I BELIEVE HE IS A SPEED GUY! HAS HE BEEN CONVERTED TO WR FROM DB LAST YEAR - SHOULD HAVE REDSHIRTED - A WASTED YEAR - LETS HOPE HE DEVELOPS AND PLAYS.

LEWIS IS A GREAT ATHLETE BUT DROPPED TOO MANY BALLS LAST SEASON AND WAS FORGOTTEN THE SECOND HALF OF THE SEASON.

PRATT - I KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT - A MULTI POSITION ATHLETE IN HS.

WHITE COULD BE OUR SLOT RECEIVER - HAS EXCELLANT SPEED BUT IS VERY SMALL.

STONE - NOT SOLD ON - A POSSESSION RECEIVER AT BEST,

WE NEED A STRETCH GUY!
01-27-2007 10:16 AM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

Speed isn't everything. You gotta be able to run good routes and catch the ball. Heart and desire can't be measured either but these characteristics are vital if you want a good team.
01-27-2007 10:16 AM
Advertisement

huroncowboy Offline
1st String

None of this matters if:

A) Our QBs can't hit the open receiver regardless of who is playing QB.

Canada showed how worthless a great WR can be last year without stability at QB.

B) We develop some sort of running attack to keep the defenses honest.

Frankly last year would have been the year to get a receiver and we tried Augustus didn't make grades, Weeden never showed up and neither did Pledger. A very wasted year in terms of WR development.
01-27-2007 02:01 PM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

I guess I'll put my thoughts a different way, the offense needs to develop consistency whether its 50 yard bombs, 5 yard flare outs, 4 yards per carry running-as long as it get the job done. Our defense can keep us in the game but can't be on the field forever.
01-27-2007 10:38 PM
EagleWarrior Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Just some info:..Schmitt shoulder injury and surgery was one of those that was not absolutely neccessary. The injury he sufferred in the K-State game was the same one he had earlier in the year. The shoulder kept popping out of socket, he has had the same problem since high school, where it happened a couple of times. It was a surgery to prevent it from happening again. I think he made a good decision to have it...he`ll still be the starting QB come first game....on the
01-28-2007 09:27 PM
Advertisement

EagleWarrior Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Got cut off for some reason...on the WR situation, look for Stone to be in the rotation next year, he`s better than people think....Bracy never played one down last year at WR...dont expect to see him there either....Lewis needss an attitude adjustment! and Genyk just might be giving it to him (really cocky with nothing to back it up)..except dropped passes!.....if they can find a RB who can get around end..the running agme will be ok...the O-Line will be very good this year............
01-28-2007 09:34 PM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

Warrior,

Thanks for the info. Question-didn't Pratt practice at WR last season? If I recall I thought he looked pretty good at that position?
01-29-2007 04:59 AM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

Thanks for the update on Schmitt. Also I think I brought Bracey's name up only as a possible option at WR since he's played there before in his career not saying he will switch.
01-29-2007 09:22 AM
Advertisement

EagleWarrior Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Cowboy..yea i knew you were just throwin in Bracey`s name....dont know about Pratt..i`ll ask......i believe i saw you ask seomwhere about any recruits that may have enrolled in January?....Dwayne Priest and Jeff Brown have enrolled already.
01-31-2007 08:15 PM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

Thanks for the info. Do you have any updates on recruiting or do you think its pretty well set?
01-31-2007 08:46 PM
EagleWarrior Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

huroncowboy Wrote:Thanks for the info. Do you have any updates on recruitiIg or do you think its pretty well set?
Im thinkin they might be done, but some kids wait until later to decide, I wouldnt want to see them waste a scolie on anybody who wont have the chance to play...about the OL from EGR, i had made a statement about coaches promising him playing time and that he might need to lose some weight first...well, I have to retract that!..Im understanding that this kid is a stud, and not fat or out of shape at all. As we know he verbally commited to MSU...'6 5"..350 lbs is a big boy!...I understand, nothing is locked on the o-line for next year, with the exception of Lang at LT.......
02-01-2007 08:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.