Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

EMU Verbals-EMU Fan Update Scholie Numbers
Bookmark and Share
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU
EMU Verbals-EMU Fan Update Scholie Numbers
I took some of Rock's names and added them-subject to change.
Brown and Priest count against last year's class and LaPorte and Allen count against this year's class. The maximum incoming class is 25 for this year so with LaPorte and Allen counting its a max of 23. Here's how that 23 might break down:

QB-McMahon, Williams, Tinney
RB-Goodrum (4.4 speed in rivals database NR), Welch, Clay
TE-Yousiff, Pomarico
WR-Sawyer, Hunter
OL-Gwinner, Buche, Shieves
DL-Gotham, Dews-Houston, Palsrock, Ohrman
LB-Bittner, Reese (two star Rivals)
DB-English, Knight, Wilson, Long

A little light on the OL and LB.

Hence my comment that the scholie ship appears full unless one of these changes their mind or we withdraw (unlikely). With props etc you can add Priest at RB, Brown at WR, Allen at RB/DB and LaPorte at TE. If LaPorte isn't available we have one scholie to give.

Comments and corrections always welcome.
01-22-2007 05:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dennis Rachwal Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
WELCH RB FROM AKRON , OHIO AREA
Cowboy, I don't think he is coming - the list I seen a few weeks back (where I provided the additional names) did not list him on it! Perhaps Goodram was added and Welch deleted at RB - Goodram averaged like 10.2 ypc at Henry Ford HS - made all PSL, All City etc.
01-22-2007 05:15 PM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

If that's the case we might have one or two to give. I know the staff is really high on a couple of RB/DB/WR types from Florida, a monster OL number 22 on the News List and while Hancock is interested in being a Spartan they haven't offered him yet.

Another guy to watch is Daniel Tate a 6'3, 315 pounder from the PSL. Indiana offered him but then recently signed some linemen that were going to U of M. He's a two star Rivals recruit. Indiana might have left him holding the bag.

I have to wonder outloud whether Tinney is already enrolled. I have lots to say about that committment should it prove out.

Rock, I tried googling Jeff Brown zero information and also Dews-Houston and the only thing I could find is he was a team mate of White in Georgia and may have played TE. I don't knows where he went to school this past semester.
01-22-2007 05:30 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Don't see Tinney on the directory, meaning he's not enrolled.
01-22-2007 05:36 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Dennis Rachwal Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Tinney from Milford Academy
I've heard vibes that he has had a checkered past - don't think he's in school. Lets hope one of the blue chippers slides to us, Tate woudl be a nice catch/. Also, if you bring in props, they don't count against your scollie limit this year. I believe Jim Streeter recently told me that LaPorte and Allen count against this years class.

Brown is the mystery wr - has size but know very little about him.
01-22-2007 05:41 PM
Advertisement

huroncowboy Offline
1st String

Comments
Tinney was a four star prospect out of Milford at QB/DB. He had offers last year from U of M, Maryland, Florida, UCF, Maryland Syracuse with his 4.4 speed. He committed to MSU and got kicked off the team due to a misunderstanding? John L said there was no misunderstanding. This kid has great talent, but his head well there's the problem.

Goodrum ran for over 1,200 yards last year and 12 TDs, 65 tackles and 4 interceptions. Played for Detroit Henry Ford.

Tate was a three year starter for Mumford, on defense he made 65 tackles, 10 for loss and six sacks. All City, News All Metro and News Class A All State and no grades don't appear to be a problem. Another omission from the Detroit News top 60 list along with Palsrock.

kicking wise man I'd be looking at Noel Miller from Linden either a preferred walkon.

By the way Reese at 6'2, 200 pounds runs a 4.53 40 and ranked as Indiana's 10th player in the State by rivals.

Guys the staff might be waiting for are Randall Bell RB Hargrove Military, Tyler Doering a very good guard from Barrington IL, Josh Droppers from Portage, Ken Farlow a super fast LB from Evanston IL who needs to retake his ACT in February, the two Florida speedsters-Sam Baptise a 4.4 burner from Naples at 5'11, 160, Marty Caldwell from Flint a DB and Randy McKinnon a 5'9, 195 DB/RB from Jacksonville FL with 4.5 speed and benchs 385.

Just a question which would he rather have Bell, McKinnon or Baptise? Think Clay for a moment and you'll see what I mean. Not knocking Clay he has great potential but
01-22-2007 06:10 PM
emueaglefootball Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

big time commitments this weekend....Darrell Davis-Budanauro and David Fox who was committed to central to play basketball
01-22-2007 08:46 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
was last weekend the last weekend of visits?
emueaglefootball Wrote:big time commitments this weekend....Darrell Davis-Budanauro and David Fox who was committed to central to play basketball

EMUeaglefootball:

was last weekend the last weekend for visits before we enter a 'dead period'?

Anything else perking?

Thanks for the scoops.
01-22-2007 09:43 PM
EMU09 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

emueaglefootball Wrote:big time commitments this weekend....Darrell Davis-Budanauro and David Fox who was committed to central to play basketball

Did these guys commit to Eastern I am confused. Rivals still has them at Central (for Fox) if true this would be huge. Another WR commit would be nice and Davis-Budanauro is 3 Stars on Rivals.
01-22-2007 10:12 PM
Advertisement

huroncowboy Offline
1st String

Questions Questions
dead period is not effect right now and its pretty open. DB would be a huge get, talking about a guy who could be the mainstay on the OL for the next several years reminds very much of Jason Roberts. Fox was committed to CMU. In time the running game would improve as this guy is an earthmover.

Okay eaglefootball, tell us where we are inaccurate on either prospective recruits or the number of scholies etc. or any information you want to share.

Thanks.
01-22-2007 10:30 PM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

New developments
Hancock to Toledo

Dohering to Illinois St.

WF and Syracuse jumping all over McKinnon. McKinnon visits Syracuse this weekend and may commit.
01-23-2007 05:14 AM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

Still no independent confirmation by any of the scouting services on either a switch by Fox or DB committing to EMU.
01-23-2007 03:28 PM
Mikerochip Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Here you go, HC:

http://www.mlive.com/search/index.ssf?/b...SFB&coll=8

Maybe now Rivals will take this former Jay Smith hoops commit off our list.
01-23-2007 04:56 PM
Advertisement

EMU09 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Mikerochip Wrote:Here you go, HC:

http://www.mlive.com/search/index.ssf?/b...SFB&coll=8

Maybe now Rivals will take this former Jay Smith hoops commit off our list.

Cannot read it can someone fill me in (never mind)
01-23-2007 05:27 PM
Dennis Rachwal Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Cowboy - Fox - size and weight?
Sounds like a player, averaged over 21 ypc - hopoe he has some speed, probably good hands since he is a B Ball Player.
01-23-2007 06:12 PM
EMU09 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Re: Cowboy - Fox - size and weight?
Dennis Rachwal Wrote:Sounds like a player, averaged over 21 ypc - hopoe he has some speed, probably good hands since he is a B Ball Player.

Rivals says he has 4.7 speed 03-weeping
01-23-2007 07:25 PM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

Thanks, Micro.

Hopefully DB at OL is not still "confused" and make a solid committment to EMU.
01-23-2007 07:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.