Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

littlebittyschool
Bookmark and Share
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

I have seen your post on the other Troy State board maybe you can tell me, Why do so few Trojan fans post on the Sun Belt boards? Do you think it is because you guys have not started playing in the conference yet? I really look forward to this coming football season with the addition of you guys and the Florida schools. Wish we could hear from more TSU fans :frown:
02-21-2004 09:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

littlebittyschool Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: TROY

Actually, not a lot of Trojan fans post anywhere. If you'll notice on the gotroystate.com board, I'm guessing there are only a couple of dozen active posters (by active I'd say posting more than once a week or so). I check out some of the other schools boards (north texas and middle tenn to name a couple) and the tribal grounds board. I occasionally post there, but not always under littlebittyschool.

This dual-conference junk we have with the A-Sun is really messing us up as far as "where we belong" and fitting in. A lot of the more casual Trojan fans are not familiar with some of the schools in each conference. That will change soon. I'm sure you'll see a lot more activity during football season.

We're also pretty wrapped up in basketball right now. UCF lost tonight and if we win tommorrow we take a 1 game lead and have the tie-breaker for the number one seed in the conference tourney. Good chance to go dancing.

Trojan fans are just waking up. It wasn't TOO long ago that I graduated from there. Back then, in the 1AA days, what few people went to the game really couldn't care less about Troy (except for the real die-hards which are still there now, I might add). You could go to a game and see 10 times more Alabama and Auburn gear than Troy State stuff. Not anymore. I wish you could have been at the Marshall game. It felt everybit as big as Aubbie and Alabama. It was the most fun and most exciting and intense game I've ever been to (I went to Florida State vs Miami last year too).

The media is starting to give us more coverage too. I'm afraid it will forever be an Alabama or Auburn state, but the tide is turning (pun intended). Movie Gallery has helped a whole lot and although Montgomery still is pretty much a Bama or Auburn town, Dothan has just about adopted Troy State as it's own. Still a long ways to go, but considering how far we've came in just a short time, it's pretty amazing.

Remember, this is only our 3rd "real" year in D1A football.

Oh and one other side note. I know many Sunbelt people thought that adding Troy State would be a mistake. And, I'm sorry to say, many Troy State people thought we could do better than the Sunbelt (a small few still think this way). But the VAST majority of Trojan fans think we are right where we belong, until we prove otherwise. Don't get me wrong, if C-USA offered an invite, we'd take it faster than you could say, "Mighty Trojan Death Machine". But we all know we came to the dance way too late to get asked out by the quarterback. While other Sunbelt schools might THINK they have conference options, our fans have finally realized that besides the Belt (with all of the conference shakeups), we don't have another option. Due to geography and newness, if the Belt went under, we'd be forced to go Indy or back to 1AA. Unless the MAC takes us in. Give us a few more years, a few more wins, and a few more seats (with butts in them) and things maybe a little different. I think all of this conference shakeup stuff is just round one of a long, long fight. And to be honest, schools changing conferences really isn't that new. But that's another topic for this summer when baseball is over and before football really starts.

Anyway, hope I answered a few questions. By no means, do I speak for the Trojan nation. There are far more informed, more loyal, and more intelligent Trojan fans than I. Just my 2 coppers.
02-21-2004 11:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

littlebittyschool Wrote:This dual-conference junk we have with the A-Sun is really messing us up as far as "where we belong" and fitting in.  A lot of the more casual Trojan fans are not familiar with some of the schools in each conference.  That will change soon.  I'm sure you'll see a lot more activity during football season. 

We're also pretty wrapped up in basketball right now.  UCF lost tonight and if we win tommorrow we take a 1 game lead and have the tie-breaker for the number one seed in the conference tourney.  Good chance to go dancing.

The media is starting to give us more coverage too.  I'm afraid it will forever be an Alabama or Auburn state, but the tide is turning (pun intended).  Movie Gallery has helped a whole lot and although Montgomery still is pretty much a Bama or Auburn town, Dothan has just about adopted Troy State as it's own.  Still a long ways to go, but considering how far we've came in just a short time, it's pretty amazing.
Thanks for a very interesting and informative response. I can say you guys belong right here at SunBeltbbs :D I can relate about the Auburn/Bama thing. LSU likes to think that our state is theirs for the taking. We and the other state schools have to kick and scratch for everything we get from state funds to media attention and wins. We hate having to fight with one school can't imagine having to fight two :bang: Good luck to you guys in basketball. I know that was one of the arguements used by some on the Cajun boards was that you guys were not good at other sports, when all the 1-A transfers quit coming your football would go down, blah, blah, blah. I am very happy you guys are joining, another southern school? just what the doctor ordered. How are we (schools) supposed to develop rivalries with teams as far away as 2 time zones 03-confused I look forward to a trip to Alabama in 2005.
02-21-2004 11:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

studentfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

Good luck on the fight against those schools. We're over here fighting the good fight too. :mad: Hopefully we'll both get with our 2 schools deserve in the near future.
02-22-2004 02:35 AM
algopher Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: USA

Hang in there. We know the fight you're going through as we have the same exact one.
I can't wait until the rivalry with y'all blossoms. It should be a hoot. There are many of your alumni in Mobile and it should become intense. Good luck in your tournament, hope you make it to the big dance and the 2 biggies don't. :wave:
03-06-2004 10:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.