Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stadium
PcbTrojan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Troy

What are yall doing for a football stadium. I used to live in West Palm. I have heard some rumors that an indoor facility might be an option if the Marlins can be talked out of Pro Players-Sucks For Baseball-Stadium and play in Palm Beach County.
Any Ideas????
04-cheers
04-drinky
02-22-2004 06:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bytor Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

The plan as of right now is to build a 40,000+ Dome stadium
on campus similar to Saracuse, to be ready for the year 2007.
For the records, I would prefer on outdoor stadium myself.
02-22-2004 10:39 PM
moloch_322 Offline
All American

I Root For: Hawt chix & UCF
Crappies

I was just wondering, is that stadium in the master plan for FAU or is it just a vision much like the on-campus 'UCF Dungeon'? If for real, will the stadium be on or off campus?
02-23-2004 12:36 AM
Bytor Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

The idea for a Dome stadium on campus was part of a master plan that was going nowhere, the city of Boca was pretty much against it from the beginning. A smaller stadium was being planned with the ability to expand,now with us moving to D-1A and the need for other facilities the Doom Stadium concept has resurfaced and looks like something that the University is trying hard to make happen.
Studies are being done on cost, feasability, ...etc.. IMO, a Doom Stadium will be a reality by 2007and will be on campus. All talks
are premilinary so things could cgange.
02-23-2004 09:00 AM
Advertisement

moloch_322 Offline
All American

Crappies

Nice. I just hope that UCF will be able to do that sometime soon. The school will be able to receive all profits from the games instead of splitting them with the Citrus Bowl and the City of Orlando. Other than money, I think the other issue that keeps it from happening is the stupid people who move next to the university and then complain that there's college students everywhere. A dome isnt a bad idea considering the need to build a bigger arena, like Syracuse's Carrier Dome which can alter between football and basketball. Its also probably cheaper to maintain that one huge building instead of two separate ones.
02-23-2004 06:02 PM
Bytor Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

That is why the Dome Stadium is being pushed right now,
the multi-purpose use and of course the money seems to be
there right now - of course last years run deep into the playoff
got a lot of people excited.

There is some news out of Lauderdale today, that the Baltimore
Orioles plan on renovating their spring training site which sits
next to Lockhart Stadium where we currently play, if they proceed
with the cities approval, it may effect our situation with our stadium.
Could mean that we will have to get a stadium build sooner then expected. Does this mean that we will have to build a smaller outdoor stadium, I don't know. It will be interesting on what is
going to happen by years end.
02-23-2004 11:34 PM
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Bytor Wrote:That is why the Dome Stadium is being pushed right now,
the multi-purpose use and of course the money seems to be
there right now - of course last years run deep into the playoff
got a lot of people excited.

There is some news out of Lauderdale today, that the Baltimore
Orioles plan on renovating their spring training site which sits
next to Lockhart Stadium where we currently play, if they proceed
with the cities approval, it may effect our situation with our stadium.
Could mean that we will have to get a stadium build sooner then expected. Does this mean that we will have to build a smaller outdoor stadium, I don't know. It will be interesting on what is
going to happen by years end.
Does the Dome stadium have to be approved by voters? if so who? If not, has is the choice made?
02-23-2004 11:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bytor Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

The city just like to give FAU a hard time, but times are changing,
with our new president Brogan, ex-Lt. Gov.. The decision will ultimately fall with the school, studies are being done to see what is the best course of action with the stadium feasability relative to other needs of the university. They are leaning toward the dome
stadium for the mulitple use it presents. Designs are being drawn
up, so it will be interesting to see what happens. Early indication
is the dome stadium will happen. Right now I am more concerned with Lockhart Stadium and how it will effect the time table of the stadium being built. Time will tell.
02-24-2004 09:17 AM
Trojans1andAll Offline
2nd String

Man, I just can't believe the city would fight the University over something that will help everyone. Don't they realize the money-making potential from a move to I-A football? It effects all sports.
You've got the talent and the coach to make the move up, tell the city to go to heck, build the stadium, and make them thank you when out-of-towners start dropping cash all over the place during football season.

Good luck with the move up, see ya in the Sun Belt!

GO TROJANS!
03-11-2004 06:57 PM
moloch_322 Offline
All American

Crappies

Trojans1andAll Wrote:Man, I just can't believe the city would fight the University over something that will help everyone. Don't they realize the money-making potential from a move to I-A football? It effects all sports.
You've got the talent and the coach to make the move up, tell the city to go to heck, build the stadium, and make them thank you when out-of-towners start dropping cash all over the place during football season.

Good luck with the move up, see ya in the Sun Belt!

GO TROJANS!
Its not that easy. The old coots who control politics in Florida will shoot down anything that will be a 'waste' of tax money. They also complain that a stadium will bring traffic (like driving in South or Central Florida is a pleasure anyways!), noise (as if they can hear in the first place), and college kids (because all kids should be quarantined until they reach 30). Theyd rather spend the money on building a community shuffleboard park.
03-11-2004 07:10 PM
Advertisement

Trojans1andAll Offline
2nd String

Alright then, put a statue of Andy Griffith out front and call it "Matlock Stadium"....the old folks should love it! :laugh:

GO TROJANS!
03-11-2004 08:56 PM
moloch_322 Offline
All American

Crappies

Trojans1andAll Wrote:Alright then, put a statue of Andy Griffith out front and call it "Matlock Stadium"....the old folks should love it! :laugh:

GO TROJANS!
If the old people had their way...

1. There will be bowls with hard candy at all the cross walks.
2. No matter if you drove or walked, you will arrive at the same place at the same time.
3. Shock treatment will be administered to all those who practice monkey shine.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
03-12-2004 01:05 AM
Bytor Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

The city is still upset over the University Commons that was build just off campus (it's has shop, restaurants etc.) and that place is always jamming. They just need to get their heads out of there **sess - approve the interchange from the interstate to the university - traffic problem solved.

It takes so long to get anything done - I guest they have nothing better to do after they play shuffleboards.
03-12-2004 08:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.