Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MU and FAU designated conference games
Bookmark and Share
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

:rolleyes: , I'll be glad when this "designated conference game" crap is over. So far you guys have the toughest one so far (Marshall).
03-13-2004 08:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Trojans1andAll Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Troy

No kidding. When I saw the "unofficial" schedule I looked at it and thought "Hey, where's our other 'conference' game?" Then I realized it might be Marshall and I've just been sick about it ever since.

Until the 'official' schedule came out I wasn't aware that the 'designated' games had to be one away and one at home, and I think thats part of why we're stuck with Marshall as a conference game. Its tough enough to beat Marshall in Huntington anyway, then add the revenge factor and it gets nasty, especially when they know its a conference game for us and the loss will hurt us even more. So the only thing we can do is find a way to beat them.

North Texas is playing FAU as their 'designated' game, and I'm not whining, but it would really suck if we're one game behind UNT for the N.O. Bowl because the first game of the season bit us in the backside.

Fans of other SBC schools, no, I'm not assuming Troy will automatically sweep the SBC, I'm offering the aforementioned scenario as an example, thats all.

Thanks Swamphound, this issue has been burning me up for months and I need to rant about it once in awhile.

GO TROJANS!
03-14-2004 03:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
littlebittyschool Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: TROY

There's going to be lots of crazy scenerios this year with who wins the league championship. With everyone not playing everyone and shady tie-breaker games and other craziness, it might be very interesting towards the end of the year.
03-14-2004 06:41 AM
Advertisement

SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Trojans1andAll Wrote:No kidding. When I saw the "unofficial" schedule I looked at it and thought "Hey, where's our other 'conference' game?" Then I realized it might be Marshall and I've just been sick about it ever since.

Until the 'official' schedule came out I wasn't aware that the 'designated' games had to be one away and one at home, and I think thats part of why we're stuck with Marshall as a conference game. Its tough enough to beat Marshall in Huntington anyway, then add the revenge factor and it gets nasty, especially when they know its a conference game for us and the loss will hurt us even more. So the only thing we can do is find a way to beat them.

North Texas is playing FAU as their 'designated' game, and I'm not whining, but it would really suck if we're one game behind UNT for the N.O. Bowl because the first game of the season bit us in the backside.

Fans of other SBC schools, no, I'm not assuming Troy will automatically sweep the SBC, I'm offering the aforementioned scenario as an example, thats all.

Thanks Swamphound, this issue has been burning me up for months and I need to rant about it once in awhile.

GO TROJANS!
One good thing about it (the Marshall game) being the first game of the season, you have all summer to prepare for it. I know we did not win but we almost upset South Carolina last year in the opener (L 7-14).
03-14-2004 06:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PcbTrojan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Troy

From what I saw last year unless they(MU) shore up their run defense and learn how to block our style of D-Line it might be the same result. I'll admit though their QB when healthy is one of the best in the nation. He played better hurt for the game that the QB @ UVA!
04-drinky
03-16-2004 07:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.