Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sun Belt
Bookmark and Share
David Krysakowski Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I think that the Sun Belt should look like this.

Arkansas State
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Louisiana at Lafayette
Louisiana at Monroe
Louisiana Tech
Middle Tennessee
North Texas
Troy (State)
Western Kentucky
05-05-2004 09:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Talons Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Looks good to me 04-cheers
05-05-2004 09:36 PM
studentfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

I would like to see La. Tech added to the Belt, but sadly they publicly stated they don't want to leave the WAC. I think our conference will do fine without La. Tech and will continue to grow.
05-05-2004 10:29 PM
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

David Krysakowski Wrote:I think that the Sun Belt should look like this.

Arkansas State
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Louisiana at Lafayette
Louisiana at Monroe
Louisiana Tech
Middle Tennessee
North Texas
Troy (State)
Western Kentucky
Are you talking about football only? If not, what about UALR, UNO and USA?
05-05-2004 10:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!

Are you talking about football only? If not, what about UALR, UNO and USA?

And even if he is talking football only, WKU is not 1A so why not wish for 2 out of the 3 remainders also so we could have a championship?
05-05-2004 11:02 PM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators

studentfan Wrote:I would like to see La. Tech added to the Belt, but sadly they publicly stated they don't want to leave the WAC. I think our conference will do fine without La. Tech and will continue to grow.
You guys give public statements way too much credibility. Everyone says what they need to say at the time. Just like TCU said they were going nowhere, just like all the schools that left the Big East. It's all part of the game.
05-06-2004 08:59 AM
Advertisement

David Krysakowski Offline
1st String

I Root For:

No I wasn't thinking of football only. I want this for all sports. Since Arkansas at Little Rock, New Orleans, and South Alabama don't have football they should be another conference.
05-08-2004 11:59 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

No I wasn't thinking of football only. I want this for all sports. Since Arkansas at Little Rock, New Orleans, and South Alabama don't have football they should be another conference.

Well, if this is a wish list then surely there are a couple of other plausible choices to get the Sunbelt to 12 teams? Georgia Southern maybe? Lol.

Seriously though, how about:

East
Wofford (or Delaware maybe?)
Western Kentucky
Middle Tennessee
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Troy (State)

West
Louisiana at Lafayette
Louisiana at Monroe
Louisiana Tech
Arkansas State
North Texas
McNeese St.

As long as we're dreaming 12 teams has a better ring to it don't you think?
05-09-2004 01:06 AM
Talons Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Hilltopper2K Wrote:No I wasn't thinking of football only. I want this for all sports. Since Arkansas at Little Rock, New Orleans, and South Alabama don't have football they should be another conference.

Well, if this is a wish list then surely there are a couple of other plausible choices to get the Sunbelt to 12 teams? Georgia Southern maybe? Lol.

Seriously though, how about:

East
Western Kentucky
Middle Tennessee
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Troy (State)

West
Louisiana at Lafayette
Louisiana at Monroe
Louisiana Tech
Arkansas State
North Texas
McNeese St.

As long as we're dreaming 12 teams has a better ring to it don't you think?
Hilltopper, that looks better than the original post!!! 04-cheers 04-cheers 04-cheers and the East West Conference Teams would make much more sense. Good choice of teams 03-wink
05-09-2004 08:31 AM
ALLIESPAPPY Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

So you are of the opinion that SBC should be only for football schools? 03-confused
05-10-2004 08:30 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

ALLIESPAPPY Wrote:So you are of the opinion that SBC should be only for football schools? 03-confused
I don't think so. Why? CUSA and the Big East have been very successful with non-football members. Plus, some of these non-football schools have been members of the Sun Belt for a very long time.

Not to mention they add alot to the conferences RPI rating and publicity in the non-revenue sports!

I do believe I saw Middle Tennessee's baseball team play at South Alabama on College Sports Southeast this last month. There's a reason why CSS carried that game. Because CSS knows that MT and USA have dang good baseball teams!
05-10-2004 08:47 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

So you are of the opinion that SBC should be only for football schools?

No, I guess I was talking only football. There's really no reason that the other schools couldn't still participate in other sports. I mean if you were talking about the ideal football situation for the Sunbelt, I think that might be it. But this "ideal situation" would depend on three AA teams jumping to 1A in the Sunbelt. It might be far fetched. On the other hand this is a Sunbelt football situation that would be very exciting for all involved.
05-10-2004 11:29 AM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

East
Western Kentucky
Middle Tennessee
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Troy (State)

West
Louisiana at Lafayette
Louisiana at Monroe
Louisiana Tech
Arkansas State
North Texas
McNeese St.

So Louisiana fans, just out of curiosity, if McNeese ever did go 1A would you all be opposed or in favor of them joining the Sunbelt?
05-10-2004 11:35 AM
CAJUNNATION Offline
1st String

I Root For: Western Civilization

Hilltopper2K Wrote:East
Western Kentucky
Middle Tennessee
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Troy (State)

West
Louisiana at Lafayette
Louisiana at Monroe
Louisiana Tech
Arkansas State
North Texas
McNeese St.

So Louisiana fans, just out of curiosity, if McNeese ever did go 1A would you all be opposed or in favor of them joining the Sunbelt?
No, I would not object. But, the problem is that it's never gonna happen. McNeese simply can't afford it.

Better bet would be to look for Texas St. or App. St. to be in the league.
05-10-2004 12:15 PM
galojah Offline
All American

Donators

Louisiana has too many 1-A schools now.

Delaware? Travel nightmare.
05-10-2004 12:33 PM
RaginCajun77 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

In regards to the statement of LA Tech not joining the Sunbelt I read in an article that Dr. Authement president of UL-Lafayette would be talking the the president of LA Tech about rejoining the Sunbelt.
05-10-2004 12:47 PM
Advertisement

Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

No, I would not object. But, the problem is that it's never gonna happen. McNeese simply can't afford it.

Hmmm. That's surprising. They traveled well to the national chapionship game in 2002. If that was indicitave of thier attendance I would think that they do well.

Louisiana has too many 1-A schools now.

Very arbitrary. The McNeese can't afford it argument is much stronger, lol. I mean just say for example that USA picked up a 1A football team. Its technically not in LA but it would still be very close geographically. They would compete for some of the same fan base and recruits. But because they are across the state line it makes some difference? I am not saying this will happen I am just making a point. Personally I think that 4 1A Sunbelt teams in LA makes for lower travel costs and better attendence because those teams would have good road crowds.

Delaware? Travel nightmare.

What town are they in? There are lots of big airports in the area, no? I wouldn't think that it would be any worse than trying to get to BG maybe I'm wrong.

Assuming that any 1A football team would consider the Sunbelt a step down (just look at those polls around the boards) I think that the Sunbelt's best chance at expansion is to find the best AA programs that are geographically compatible and add them. 1.) do you agree with that point? 2.) if McNeese is not a good choice then are there other AA programs that you think would be a stronger choice?

Also do you agree that 12 is the optimal number for a football conference or would most of you be satisfied with some number less than that?
05-10-2004 01:16 PM
galojah Offline
All American

Donators

App State or Georiga Southern would be better candidates then Delaware. Of course GA Southern just blasted the Sun Belt in an article, so doubt that would happen.

I just don't think LA can support that many 1A teams. I like McNeese St. I would rather have them then ULM.
05-10-2004 05:03 PM
Talons Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

How about Gardner-Webb, Eastern Kentucky, Liberty or possibly Youngstown St.???
05-10-2004 09:28 PM
galojah Offline
All American

Donators

Never heard of Garner-webb. Youngstown isn't going 1-A and won't leave the Horizon league. Eastern Kentucky doesn't have the budget, plus their basketball program sucks beyond sucks, I can't tell you the last time they had a winning season. Now that Coach Roy Kidd is gone, their football has gone down hill.
05-10-2004 10:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.