Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Amstutz and Novak
Bookmark and Share
barr_b2 Offline
Super Genius

I Root For: Toledo

DonatorsDonators
Amstutz and Novak
get a mention among the best coaches in College football in SI.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/wr...ml?cnn=yes
06-29-2006 07:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

niubrad00 Offline
Boss

I Root For: NIU

:clap2:

And nice to see Ron Zook in the "others receiving votes" category for worst coaches. lmfao
06-29-2006 07:56 AM
HuskiesRule73 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Northern

A coach who I felt underperformed last year was Miami O. coach Shane Montgomery.

I know it was his first year, but they had some players.This year will show alot about Montgomery, he does not have many starters returning, but thay have had solid recuiting classes. It will be interesting to see if Miami and Montgomery can out perform the "experts" expectations.
06-29-2006 09:55 AM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators

Kind of funny that the top 10 are all BCS and the others receiving consideration were all non BCS. 04-bs
06-29-2006 09:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators

niubrad00 Wrote::clap2:

And nice to see Ron Zook in the "others receiving votes" category for worst coaches. lmfao
Keep up the good work Mr. Zook. :uberbow:
06-29-2006 10:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Endzone2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Miami Redhawks

HuskiesRule73 Wrote:A coach who I felt underperformed last year was Miami O. coach Shane Montgomery.

I know it was his first year, but they had some players.This year will show alot about Montgomery, he does not have many starters returning, but thay have had solid recuiting classes. It will be interesting to see if Miami and Montgomery can out perform the "experts" expectations.

Agree. I thought Miami was a better football team than what their record showed last year. It will be interesting this year. I guess you can't be too hard on a first year head coach though.
06-29-2006 10:20 AM
Advertisement

The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

HuskiemobileMan Wrote:Kind of funny that the top 10 are all BCS and the others receiving consideration were all non BCS. 04-bs

Actually you'll find UCF's own George O'Leary at 10!!

04-rock
06-29-2006 11:34 AM
rocketman49 Offline
1st String

Amstutz is a great coach04-bow...I'm suprised by how UT has kept him around for all these years without letting the BCS programs from wanting him. :shhh: Must be Toledo's secret?? :shhh:
06-29-2006 12:00 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:

rocketman49 Wrote:Amstutz is a great coach04-bow...I'm suprised by how UT has kept him around for all these years without letting the BCS programs from wanting him. :shhh: Must be Toledo's secret?? :shhh:

http://www.hollyeats.com/TonyPakos.htm
06-29-2006 12:08 PM
Pulltown Falcon Offline
1st String

I Root For:

And the love affair of the media with Urban Meyer has not stopped.
06-29-2006 01:00 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Pulltown Falcon Wrote:And the love affair of the media with Urban Meyer has not stopped.

Let's be fair. The guy has won everywhere he's been and just recruited the best class in the nation.

He's damn good.
06-29-2006 01:40 PM
Advertisement

Pulltown Falcon Offline
1st String

I Root For:

The Knight Time Wrote:Let's be fair. The guy has won everywhere he's been and just recruited the best class in the nation.

He's damn good.
You're right - let's be fair. He's won everywhere he's been with other peoples recruits.

If he'll stay at Florida for a few years after the upcoming season, then we'll get a chance to see if he really is good or not.
06-30-2006 12:45 PM
Chris from WV Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Headline?
Sorry, I thought the subject line said, "Amstutz ate Novak".

Now THAT would have been news.

[Image: 295617.jpeg]
07-07-2006 12:44 PM
wigman Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

HuskiemobileMan Wrote:
niubrad00 Wrote::clap2:

Keep up the good work Mr. Zook. :uberbow:

lmfao
07-09-2006 06:32 PM
wigman Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Re: Amstutz and Novak
barr_b2 Wrote:get a mention among the best coaches in College football in SI.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/wr...ml?cnn=yes

Great!!! Zook in the worst coaches column cracks me up!! lmfao
07-09-2006 06:33 PM
Liam9903 Offline
Field Marshal

I Root For: WesternMichigan

It really shouldn't suprise anyone. Ron Zook is a terrible coach who has no chance of turning things around at Illinois. Amstutz and Novack deserve to be mentioned amongst the best in all of college football. The MAC has tremendous coaching talent across the board and it will be interesting to see who can elevate their program to the level of Toledo and NIU in the next two or three seasons. My money is on Cubit at WMU, but Jeff Genyk has been impressive at EMU, and Turner Gill has the potential to do big things in Buffalo.
07-09-2006 11:44 PM
Advertisement

HuskiesRule73 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Northern

Liam9903 Wrote:It really shouldn't suprise anyone. Ron Zook is a terrible coach who has no chance of turning things around at Illinois. Amstutz and Novack deserve to be mentioned amongst the best in all of college football. The MAC has tremendous coaching talent across the board and it will be interesting to see who can elevate their program to the level of Toledo and NIU in the next two or three seasons. My money is on Cubit at WMU, but Jeff Genyk has been impressive at EMU, and Turner Gill has the potential to do big things in Buffalo.

I like Cubit and Hoke at Ball St. Genyk...??? how do you evaluate him? It is damn near impossible to be succesful @ EMU. The better MAC recruits who get 2-4 MAC offers are not calling Ypsalanti home.

Kelly is a probadly a good coach (excellent OC for sure) , but I don't care for all that %#@ that went down there,
07-10-2006 06:35 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

I think you're wrong about Zook. I think he'll make Illinois better. Enough to keep his job past 4 years? I dunno...will they take 7-5 years and be happy?

You are overselling Montgomery. He's terrible. Miami (IN) underachieved w/ him as an assistant (I kept blaming Hoeppner). Last year they were just BAD w/ him as head coach. Start looking now RedHawks fans.

BTW, Urban Meyer's recruits at BG were arguably better than the ones he coached, and won with. The fact that Brandon hasn't done particularly well with thim is an idictment on Brandon, not a criticism of Meyer. If Meyer had coached his recruits at BG, you'd be looking at multiple MAC titles.
07-11-2006 07:43 AM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

DrTorch Wrote:You are overselling Montgomery. He's terrible. Miami (IN) underachieved w/ him as an assistant (I kept blaming Hoeppner). Last year they were just BAD w/ him as head coach. Start looking now RedHawks fans.

Wow, some harsh words. I guess we will find out for sure this season. If Miami doesn't do very good then maybe Montgomery isn't so great, however he seems to be doing a great job recruiting so far. I know that doesn't mean he can coach though.
07-11-2006 08:10 AM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

rocketfootball Wrote:
DrTorch Wrote:You are overselling Montgomery. He's terrible. Miami (IN) underachieved w/ him as an assistant (I kept blaming Hoeppner). Last year they were just BAD w/ him as head coach. Start looking now RedHawks fans.

Wow, some harsh words. I guess we will find out for sure this season. If Miami doesn't do very good then maybe Montgomery isn't so great, however he seems to be doing a great job recruiting so far. I know that doesn't mean he can coach though.

Bringing it full circle - ask Ron Zook how great recruiting does for you if you don't win.
07-11-2006 09:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.