Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Western Kentucky
Bookmark and Share
David Krysakowski Offline
1st String

I Root For:

At some time down the road Western Kentucky football will join the Sun Belt.
05-31-2004 08:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!

Wha??? How do you know that? What kind of time frame? Is this just speculation?
06-01-2004 12:27 AM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators

nm
06-01-2004 08:02 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

David Krysakowski Wrote:At some time down the road Western Kentucky football will join the Sun Belt.
It's always possible, but not definite.

Didn't WKU get a big donor to give $38 million for a football stadium expansion project?
06-01-2004 10:38 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Didn't WKU get a big donor to give $38 million for a football stadium expansion project?

There was a $35 million renovation budgeted for L. T. Smith stadium but we don't know what that will entail yet. Stands to reason that $35 million is more than just a face lift but we (or at least I) don't know that for sure. Over at the Hilltopper Haven some one said that they talked to some of the coaches and they said no way on joining the Sunbelt. The rennovation won't be complete until 2007.

<a href='http://p211.ezboard.com/fhilltopperhavenfrm2.showMessage?topicID=1440.topic' target='_blank'>HilltopperHaven</a>
06-01-2004 04:42 PM
studentfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

If they want to stay in 1-AA and compete for a championship every year, then that's their perference. If they want to move up and join 1-A and join the rest of the league then great for them. They will decide whats best for them and stick with it.
06-01-2004 06:31 PM
Advertisement

galojah Offline
All American

Donators

nm
06-01-2004 06:36 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

If they want to stay in 1-AA and compete for a championship every year, then that's their perference. If they want to move up and join 1-A and join the rest of the league then great for them.

Well, I for one can see it both ways. On the one hand the simplicity and elegance of the AA playoff makes the BCS look arbitrary and unfair. Oh... wait, the BCS is arbitrary and unfair. But on the other hand what's the point in winning championships if very few people (even in our own community) recognize the accomplishment?

Also I think that WKU v. MTSU could once again develop into a sizzling rivalry that both programs would benefit from.

If they are adding capacity in this rennovation it seems like a waste if we are staying AA. After all we are only averaging about 65% capacity for AA. That does not justify an expansion.
06-01-2004 07:57 PM
99Tiger Offline
I got tiger blood, man.

I Root For: football wins

Crappies

David Krysakowski Wrote:At some time down the road Western Kentucky football will join the Sun Belt.
This guy just shows up and makes wild claims about each conference...there's some thought behind them (i.e. he doesn't propose that Notre Dame is going to join the WAC), but he just has fun stirring up trouble.

Then again, why am I here?!?

:D
06-01-2004 10:55 PM
1st String

I Root For:

Now is the time for Western Kentucky football to join the Sun Belt Conference with Idaho leaving for the Western Athletic Conference.
06-04-2004 06:55 PM
galojah Offline
All American

Donators

nm
06-04-2004 10:58 PM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts

WKU Topper Jeff Wrote:The stadium upgrade isn't even going to start till 2007.
Guess that explains why I've heard 2008 mentioned. I had assumed it was because 2008 is a 12 game season, making it easier to incorporate a new team.
06-05-2004 10:23 AM
1st String

I Root For:

I believe a school should be a member of a conference for all sports.
That means that Western Kentucky should be a member of the Sun Belt or the Missouri Valley Conference. Make up your mind.
06-06-2004 09:57 AM
galojah Offline
All American

Donators

nm
06-06-2004 10:41 AM
rideOrDieTop Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I'm confused. I thought the staduim seating requirment was dropped. So what would the new stadium have to do with us going IA? Granted, a new stadium would help start things off on the right foot as it would probably help draw a bigger crowd. However, if what I heard is correct I don't think the stadium would prevent us from going IA sooner. I do think that we have some penalties from the Gateway if we go IA in a conference besides the SBC earlier than some date. 03-confused
06-06-2004 12:17 PM
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

rideOrDieTop Wrote:I'm confused. I thought the staduim seating requirment was dropped. So what would the new stadium have to do with us going IA? Granted, a new stadium would help start things off on the right foot as it would probably help draw a bigger crowd. However, if what I heard is correct I don't think the stadium would prevent us from going IA sooner. I do think that we have some penalties from the Gateway if we go IA in a conference besides the SBC earlier than some date.&nbsp; &nbsp; 03-confused
The seating requirement has been dropped, I would guess that waiting for the stadium improvements would be in hopes of attracting more (and better) recruits. I may be wrong but I think the biggest difference in changing from 1-AA to 1-A would be the number of scholarships (from 65 to 85) and the home attendence requirement (15,000). There are also other considerations such as Title IX requirements but I am not sure where WKU currently stands on this or what they would need to do to get everything straight. The Toppers would already have 8 conference games (4 home and 4 away) and would only have to bring in 1 more 1-A school for a home game, and then schedule 2 money games.
06-06-2004 04:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

galojah Offline
All American

Donators

nm
06-06-2004 07:19 PM
1st String

I Root For:

I think that Western Kentucky football should join the Sun Belt because all their other sports are already in the conference.
06-11-2004 03:23 PM
rideOrDieTop Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

:stupid:
06-12-2004 12:01 PM
galojah Offline
All American

Donators

nm
06-12-2004 04:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.