Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Its almost official now
Bookmark and Share
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
CrappiesCrappies

Cajuns football tilt moved to national TV
UL-North Texas to air at 9 p.m. Friday, Nov. 5 on ESPN2.
Dan McDonald
dmcdonald@lafayette.gannett.com

June 11, 2004

LAFAYETTE — Based on nicknames, UL's Ragin’ Cajuns and North Texas’ Mean Green would provide a lot of animosity for a television reality series.

Those football teams will clash on television this fall, and the reality is that the game could have a significant impact on the Sun Belt Conference race and the New Orleans Bowl when the squads meet on Friday, Nov. 5, at Cajun Field.

The two schools were originally scheduled to meet on Saturday, Nov. 6, but the opportunity to appear on ESPN2 created a shift to a 9 p.m. time slot one night earlier.

“It’s absolutely a tremendous opportunity for our football team and our university,
06-11-2004 11:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

It will be interesting to see which other game is chosen. I hope it will be 2 different teams (other than the Mean Green & the Cajuns). I would like to see the Arkansas State @ Middle Tennessee game on 10/09 or Troy @ Arkansas State on 10/16.
06-11-2004 03:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
CrappiesCrappies

After visiting the MT Delphi Board, I'd love to see the MT vs. Troy game on ESPN2. From what they are talking about, they are trying to renew their rivarly. Seems there is a good rivarly going.
06-11-2004 04:22 PM
topper1974 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I wouldn't mind watching any of the games you guys listed. They all sound like they could be good games.

I think one of the positives for the Sun Belt is that members from schools other than the two who are playing are likely to watch games...in part because our teams in general have had so little national TV coverage in the past. These kinds of situations are definitely times when it will pay us ALL to be supportive of one another. If we can give them the kinds of ratings for which they are looking, then it can only mean more good things to come for the Sun Belt.
06-11-2004 07:15 PM
Advertisement

CAJUNNATION Offline
1st String

I Root For: Western Civilization

topper1974 Wrote:I wouldn't mind watching any of the games you guys listed. They all sound like they could be good games.

I think one of the positives for the Sun Belt is that members from schools other than the two who are playing are likely to watch games...in part because our teams in general have had so little national TV coverage in the past. These kinds of situations are definitely times when it will pay us ALL to be supportive of one another. If we can give them the kinds of ratings for which they are looking, then it can only mean more good things to come for the Sun Belt.
Wouldn't you just love to see a WKU/MT game on ESPN2 ?

Come on. Y'all need to join the party. 04-cheers
06-12-2004 08:44 AM
topper1974 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I'd love that to happen. WKU has had a fierce rivalry with MT over the years when we we in the OVC together. I think that rivalry was good for both teams. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing it rekindled. There's already a lot of heat between us in men's & women's basketball, baseball seems to be becoming more that way, through in football and there's no telling how heated the rivalry would become. I think it would be a good thing for the Belt. As for if and when WKU will go I-A...who knows? I guess we are all just stuck until that time.
06-13-2004 01:22 AM
UNTFan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Hate to break it to you but UNT also moved it's ASU game to Thursday night.. you don't move a game to Thursday night unless it's going to be televised.
06-14-2004 05:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.