Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hilltopper fans
Bookmark and Share
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Who are some of your top returning players? Which incoming freshman do you think will have an impact this season? What is your biggest game on the schedule this season?
06-13-2004 02:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

No Hilltopper fans want to discuss the 2004 WKU team 03-confused
06-21-2004 12:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
topper1974 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Swamp,

I think it's just a matter of those of us who do post to this board, not really knowing enough about the 2004 team to feel comfortable commenting. Overall, the team is pretty young, and there are definitely some big shoes to be filled at a few positions. We definitely lost several high caliber players to graduation including Erik Dandy (1st team All American) and Karl Maslowski (3rd team All American) who were #1 & #2. Also lost were All Americans Jeremy Chandler (3rd team) and Matt Lange (1st team). Chandler was a dual threat leading the team in interceptions as well as ranking 2nd on kickoff returns for the squad. Lange provided a lot of offensive firepower with his foot. He finished second in the nation last season with 23 field goals. All total he had over 100 points in the regular season.

With all of the youth on the team, much of WKU's season depends on how well some of the players respond to their new roles on the team.

We have a good QB coming back in Justin Haddix. He's only a sophomore, but he had a really good freshman season...including selection as the Gateway Conference's Freshman of the Year. He was 113-223 passing for 1,875 yards and 13 TDs. He also ran for another 293 yards and 8 TDs.

We also have a great running back coming back this year. Lerron Moore got off to a slow start, but finished the season with 1,490 yards and 13 TDs. His best game of the year saw him pick up 192 yards against Southwest Missouri St.

Also back for the offense is concensus All-American Buster Ashley. He led all members of the Topper offensive line with an overall grade of 95 percent. He had a team best 168 pancake blocks and allowed only one sack for the season.

I know this isn't a lot, but that's about it for me for the moment. If I get a chance I'll post some more about some of the other offensive bright spots as well as some info on the defense and incoming players. If you'd like to know some more before then, WKU's 2004 Spring prospectus is out. Visit <a href='http:///www.wkusports.com/pdf/2004westernkentuckyfootballprospectus.pdf' target='_blank'>WKU 2004 Spring Prospectus</a>
06-21-2004 04:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

topper1974 Wrote:I know this isn't a lot, but that's about it for me for the moment. If I get a chance I'll post some more about some of the other offensive bright spots as well as some info on the defense and incoming players. If you'd like to know some more before then, WKU's 2004 Spring prospectus is out. Visit <a href='http:///www.wkusports.com/pdf/2004westernkentuckyfootballprospectus.pdf' target='_blank'>WKU 2004 Spring Prospectus</a>
That was exactly the kind of information I was looking for. Thanks 04-cheers
06-21-2004 03:47 PM
wku_topper Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I agree with topper1974, it's really hard to tell how things will turn out for this team. They could be something special or they could well have a somewhat down year. I think it will all depend on the Defense and how well they come together as a unit. The Freshmen will have to step up in order to have a successful season. The opener at Kansas State will be a rough one but hopefully the Toppers will emerge from the game injury free and buil upon the experience.

The last time WKU played K-State was also the season opener, and it was a season in which saw WKU go on to defeat McNeese State for the I-AA National Championship. I sure wouldn't mind if lightning struck twice and this upcoming season wound up just like 2002 with the Hilltoppers on top.
06-21-2004 04:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Thanks wku_topper, I was interested in hearing about WKU's footbal team. Because we don't play each other I (and I am sure others) know little about your players and coaches, etc...I know there are mixed feelings among Topper fans about going 1-A but I for one hope that it happens (at least within the next 5 years or so). There are so many rivalries between WKU and other Belt schools when it comes to basketball (the Cajuns and Blue Raiders come to mind) that I think it would be great to continue the rivalry on the football field. Either way I wish you guys luck this season and hope you win the 1-AA championship.
06-21-2004 04:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.