Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Akron 80 Temple 73
Bookmark and Share
liljc zip Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Akron 80 Temple 73
Way to go, Zips! What a game, never say die Zips! YEA BABY!
03-14-2006 09:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State

Congratulations!

Thanks for sending the MAC "We"re Not As Easy As You Think" Basketball welcome to Temple!
03-14-2006 09:53 PM
akronzip Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ohio state

Thanks and hopefully this is the beginning of a very good week for the MAC. Now is the time we must all band together to fight for respect for our great conference.
03-14-2006 10:16 PM
TempleOwl21 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: TEMPLE
Good Team but don't think Akron won fair and square?
Akron has a very good team that is smart and well coached. Temple was without coach John Chaney and their assistant is nothing more than an idiot! Akron was having all kinds of problems with our Matchup zone defense and Akron's coach, like any good coach, was able to figure out ways to get through it. On the other hand, the idiot did not have an answer for adjustments Akron made throught out the game. So, in short, Akron played a great game but did not face the real TEMPLE OWLS basketball team that beat three top 25 teams this season.

Also, officiating played a large part in Akron's win. Akron was playing very physical basketball, which is good, but in the process committing obvious fouls that went uncalled. I don't know were the refs were from, but they definitely were wearing blue and gold underwear calling a one sided game in favor of Akron. Mardy Collins is in the Hospital with neck injuries becuase two of Akron's players took out his legs as he went up for a layup. If that is not a foul then what is? Fortunately for Akron, no foul was called and they retained possession of the basketball with 27 seconds left in overtime. Bull****

In All, TEMPLE loses because:

Idiot assistant did not know what kind of defense to run and made very bad substitutions throughtout the game that even a child would know not to make. Example, Akron's big man comes in and you pullout your 6'8 foward and 6'11 Center. Wow, smart basketball?

Zips coach out smarted the idiot John Chaney let run his team. Please TEMPLE do not allow him to be John Chaney's successor.

Officials: Were probably MAC refs or just Akron graduates.

In all, Akron played a great game. Im not saying they could not have beaten us if John Chaney was on the sideline or if the refs called the game fairly. Just want to make clear that Akron did not play the TEMPLE they are so used to hearing about. The A10 is still a great conference and the MAC is definitely on it's way. Good luck Akron against Creighton! Let's see how you do against them, assuming their 100% and the game will be called fairly.

P.S. TEMPLE definitely had a better team on the court today, but the kids were stuck having to listen to someone who did nothing but put them in a situation to lose. However, Akron showed a lot of heart and they did what their coached asked and were put in a position to win because of it.

Also, were on this forum does someone from TEMPLE say something that made you feel we think were so much better than you. Never seen anyone from TEMPLE talking trash and or putting down any team from the mac. I have nothing but respect for the MAC and their schools. TEMPLE is now part of the MAC and I am very proud of that.
03-14-2006 11:56 PM
Advertisement

Dorado Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

TempleOwl21 Wrote:Also, were on this forum does someone from TEMPLE say something that made you feel we think were so much better than you. Never seen anyone from TEMPLE talking trash and or putting down any team from the mac.

I guess you haven't looked very hard....

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/mac/phpbb/...hp?t=32199

Half of his posts are like that.
03-15-2006 12:32 AM
KSUDan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kent State

Good win Akron!

Don't even start with the MAC officials. They won't screw you over until you are actually part of the MAC..
03-15-2006 01:56 AM
MH55 Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Dorado,
My post was just fun, there wasn't any talk of the Temple Akron game so I put that post up. Didnt think it was that offensive. Seems like many people have a chip on their shoulder, hell the only responses before the game was decided was basically, "yea, Akron will lose."

Seems to me everyone lives in fear of Toledo fans on these boards. Thats why I referenced UT. I hope Akron goes on, I felt they were the better team tonight, so Good Luck.
03-15-2006 07:51 AM
Advertisement

Quickzips Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Hear that, its the excuse machine shifting into high gear.
03-15-2006 09:06 AM
ziplock Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Like I said in an earlier post, the other losses they took (14 before the Akron game) were undoubtedly from the refs screwing them while their 17 victories were in games where the refs were fair and impartial.

Probably no team in Division 1 has a "better" reputation for "rugged" play than the Owls.

Quit the excuses.

Go Zips, whip the Blue Jays!!
03-15-2006 11:09 AM
TempleOwl21 Offline
Bench Warmer

Look, a foul call leads to Free throws. No call leads to a loss of posession. Therefore, a ref can determine the outcome of a game. We were down by three when Mardy was fouled by Akron's ??? and then carried off the court on a strecher. Had the call been made, we would have had two FT attempts and been down by one assuming both shot were made. Instead, Akron retained posession and we were forced to foul. As a result, Akron's next five points came from the foul line.

---
I garantee that if Chaney was on the sideline, Akron would have never got back into the game. Chaney would have easily figured out how to make the defensive adjustment that would have stopped Akron's 1st half comeback.

Just know you did not beat a JOHN CHANEY basketball team. You beat a Dan levowitz basketball team. Just because you have five McDonalds All-Americans starting for your Basketball team does not mean you will dominate. Basketball is about out smarting your opponents and knowing how use your players. Levowitz did not know what he was doing and Akron took adavantage of it.

------
Yes, Akron made big shots! Also, Akron ran two plays for most of the game and TEMPLE'S coach did not know what kind of defense would stop them. That 9 seconds left on the clock shot to tie the game was a result of a play that Akron scored several times on. Who's responsibility is it to take away that lane? The Coach. He sucked and too bad Akron did not go against TEMPLE'S best last night.

------
Akron won a game against a team that was not at 100%. Hall of fame coach retired and did not show for the game. The players played their hearts out, but unfortunately had a terrible coach calling the shots. Hey, we almost beat Akron with his dumb***. At least we made it close.

Congrats! The game was very fun to watch and Akron pulled off a hell of a comeback. I was sad to see TEMPLE lose, but at the same time happy to see the smile Akron's win put on this cute old lady's, an Akron fan, face. Your baksetball team did deserve to be there last night, Temple did not.

Beat Creighton

Sorry about MH55's comments.
------
Look foward to football season and cannot wait until we begin playing MAC teams on a regular bases. Our independent schedule just sucks! Go MAC!!!!

Why do you guys talk to us as if were not part of the MAC. I though we were?

[Image: Templ_2649.gif]
03-15-2006 06:30 PM
Advertisement

FearTheRoo Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

The officials weren't shooting the threes from Dials and they didn't have a career game for Milum! 01-lauramac2

Look, a referee call CAN affect the outcome, but what did you do for the other 39 minutes? I can't stand people who say it came down to one call. I didn't see any of your shooters at .998 from the field. The officials make mistakes too. The early post was correct: you were out coached and out played. In the end, we wanted it more. Just like how we lost to Toledo in the MAC Tourney. Toledo wanted it more.
03-16-2006 12:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ratfink Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

In response to TEMPLEOWL21. Did it occur
to you that Mardy Collins committed a
charging foul? That's how the Akron radio
announcers saw it. They complained all
evening that Temple was getting away with
murder. "The refs have sucked the peas out
of their whistles not making calls on Temple."

It was a foul when Collins got hurt. He crashed
into two defenders under the basket. He was
moving, they were in position. Even in fricking
CYO that is a CHARGING foul. Get over it.

We sure do not want any kid, yours or ours ever
seriously injured in a game. Mardy took the risk.

Temple lost. They got beat. They got outplayed.
It was not the assistant coach on the floor. Five
fricking McDonald's Aall-Americans ought to be
smart enough and talented enough to beat some
hayseed school from beyond the Alleghenies.

Guess what? Temple lost. They got beat. Akron
is the better team. Temple lost in their house.
Akron is 13-0 at home this year and 23-1 over
the past two years. Get your coaches to come
to Akron and return the favor. It ya got da onions.
03-16-2006 08:36 PM
FearTheRoo Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

if you could call it "their house" 1,017 doesn't make it much of a home court advatage!!!
03-16-2006 10:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TempleOwl21 Offline
Bench Warmer

Like I said before, Akron was not the better team! To bad you guys lost against Creighton. Better luck next year.

Home court: NIT isn't exactly the kind of playoff basketball Philadelphia wants to see. Especially when they have another team (Villanova) that is playing their first round of NCAA playoff at the Wachovia center in Philadelphia. TEMPLE is used to the big dance, not the NIT. Sorry TEMPLE isn't treating it like Akron is. Unfortunately, the NIT isn't what we expect from our program. Maybe that is why we had such a bad turnout at the game. Anyhow, sorry about the loss! Hey maybe we will return the favor next year in Akron?

Go TEMPLE!!!
03-16-2006 10:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.