Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who will win the belt in football?!
Bookmark and Share
greeneagletrav Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

ok ok.. we know what the coaches and ap thinks.. but who do you think will win the belt and who will come in 2nd and third?

I think it will be

1. North Texas

2. La-La

3. Troy State
07-22-2004 02:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DC_Clone
Unregistered

greeneagletrav Wrote:ok ok.. we know what the coaches and ap thinks.. but who do you think will win the belt and who will come in 2nd and third?

I think it will be

1. North Texas

2. La-La

3. Troy State
Who is La La ? We don't have a team in the conference by that name. :ninja:
07-22-2004 03:32 PM
Quote this message in a reply
ARod Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

MeanGreen61 Wrote:
greeneagletrav Wrote:ok ok.. we know what the coaches and ap thinks.. but who do you think will win the belt and who will come in 2nd and third?

I think it will be

1. North Texas

2. La-La

3. Troy State
:stupid: He means Louisiana-Lafayette

Hello, McFly :wave:
07-22-2004 03:37 PM
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

#1 Troy University

#2 Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

#3 North Texas

IMHO :D
07-22-2004 03:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Trojans1andAll Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Troy

#1 Troy

#2 North Texas

#3 Louisiana-Lafayette

teams to watch: Arkansas State, Middle Tennessee

GO TROJANS!
07-22-2004 04:29 PM
badgerwolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Trojans1andAll Wrote:#1 Troy

#2 North Texas

#3 Louisiana-Lafayette

teams to watch: Arkansas State, Middle Tennessee

GO TROJANS!

Very close to my guesstimation:

1. Troy

2. UNT

3. ASU

Teams that could break through: ULL, MTSU, and ULM
04-cheers
07-22-2004 04:38 PM
Advertisement

DC_Clone
Unregistered

ARod Wrote:
MeanGreen61 Wrote:

I think it will be

1. North Texas

2. La-La

3. Troy State
:stupid: He means Louisiana-Lafayette

Hello, McFly :wave:
Geeze, I sure wouldn't have know that if you hadn't told me 04-bow

La La is a flame :mad: against one of our teams.
07-22-2004 04:47 PM
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

MeanGreen61 Wrote:La La is a flame :mad: against one of our teams.
You are correct, I hope that was not the intent but being new to the board let's cut him a little slack 03-wink
07-22-2004 05:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tulsa_Golden_Hurricane
Unregistered

North Texas

That Cobbs kid is a player, plus they have something like an 18 game conference winning streak. Until someone knocks them off, they have to be the favorites. I believe they were picked to win the Sun Belt by the conference's preaseason poll too.
07-22-2004 07:30 PM
badgerwolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

rocketfootball Wrote:North Texas

That Cobbs kid is a player, plus they have something like an 18 game conference winning streak. Until someone knocks them off, they have to be the favorites. I believe they were picked to win the Sun Belt by the conference's preaseason poll too.

Maybe so, but the fans know best and UNT is toast!!!

LOL!!!

:D :laugh:
07-22-2004 07:34 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Am I missing something? UNT has won 18 straght, including a spanking they gave to Troy last year.

Until someone steps up, they're the favorite all the way.
07-22-2004 09:26 PM
Advertisement

graybeard 2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

1. North Texas

2. ULM

3. Troy
07-22-2004 09:42 PM
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

The Knight Time Wrote:Am I missing something? UNT has won 18 straght, including a spanking they gave to Troy last year.

Until someone steps up, they're the favorite all the way.
As you can see from everyone (including me) is optimistic in July and August :D Why not? If can't be then you are not much of a fan 04-drinky
07-22-2004 09:46 PM
greeneagletrav Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Graybeard... ya know..i wouldn't be surprised if ULM does some good things this year....

We were very fortunate squeaking by with a 2 point win....
07-23-2004 09:14 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>The conference champ will be determined by winning percentages. Troy has a very favorable schedule.

Here's an interesting fact that you may not have known. North Texas has dominated the Sun Belt for the past three seasons. At home against Sun Belt teams, they've never lost, HOWEVER, they came very close to losing to one at home in 2001. That team they nearly lost to was Middle Tennessee State. A fieldgoal was the difference and remains as the closest call at home North Texas ever had against a Sun Belt team. Interestingly enough, North Texas hasn't lost to MTSU since then, but then again, the Mean Green are more solid on the road and they've not seen MTSU in Denton the past two seasons.

North Texas' Sun Belt win streak began with that October victory in 2001 against Middle Tennessee. Come October of 2004, North Texas will face Middle Tennessee in Denton for the first time since that day in 2001. The spirited Raiders can beat North Texas at Fouts.

With that said, I truly believe that the conference champ will be Troy University (undefeated in conference play).

Behind them I see Middle Tennessee (only conference loss to Troy) followed by North Texas (with 2 conference losses) and in fourth place, Louisiana-Monroe (with five conference victories).

</span></span></span>
07-23-2004 09:43 AM
DC_Clone
Unregistered

BlueRaiderPride Wrote:<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>The conference champ will be determined by winning percentages.&nbsp; Troy has a very favorable schedule.

Here's an interesting fact that you may not have known.&nbsp; North Texas has dominated the Sun Belt for the past three seasons.&nbsp; At home against Sun Belt teams, they've never lost, HOWEVER, they came very close to losing to one at home in 2001.&nbsp; That team they nearly lost to was Middle Tennessee State.&nbsp; A fieldgoal was the difference and remains as the closest call at home North Texas ever had against a Sun Belt team.&nbsp; Interestingly enough, North Texas hasn't lost to MTSU since then, but then again, the Mean Green are more solid on the road and they've not seen MTSU in Denton the past two seasons.

North Texas' Sun Belt win streak began with that October victory in 2001 against Middle Tennessee.&nbsp; Come October of 2004, North Texas will face Middle Tennessee in Denton for the first time since that day in 2001.&nbsp; The spirited Raiders can beat North Texas at Fouts.

With that said, I truly believe that the conference champ will be Troy University (undefeated in conference play).

Behind them I see Middle Tennessee (only conference loss to Troy) followed by North Texas (with 2 conference losses) and in fourth place, Louisiana-Monroe (with five conference victories).

</span></span></span>
Came very close in 2001 ? Middle Tennessee was trailing 21-7 at the half. Nt was leading 24-14 in the 4th. Middle Tennesee scored with 6:43 remaining to pull within 3. Raiders played catchup throughout the game. North Texas lead the entire game & it's not as if a win was pulled out in the last minute. :wave:
07-23-2004 10:02 AM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

MeanGreen61 Wrote:
BlueRaiderPride Wrote:<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>The conference champ will be determined by winning percentages.  Troy has a very favorable schedule.

Here's an interesting fact that you may not have known.  North Texas has dominated the Sun Belt for the past three seasons.  At home against Sun Belt teams, they've never lost, HOWEVER, they came very close to losing to one at home in 2001.  That team they nearly lost to was Middle Tennessee State.  A fieldgoal was the difference and remains as the closest call at home North Texas ever had against a Sun Belt team.  Interestingly enough, North Texas hasn't lost to MTSU since then, but then again, the Mean Green are more solid on the road and they've not seen MTSU in Denton the past two seasons.

North Texas' Sun Belt win streak began with that October victory in 2001 against Middle Tennessee.  Come October of 2004, North Texas will face Middle Tennessee in Denton for the first time since that day in 2001.  The spirited Raiders can beat North Texas at Fouts.

</span></span></span>
Came very close in 2001 ? Middle Tennessee was trailing 21-7 at the half. Nt was leading 24-14 in the 4th. Middle Tennesee scored with 6:43 remaining to pull within 3. Raiders played catchup throughout the game. North Texas lead the entire game & it's not as if a win was pulled out in the last minute. :wave:
<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Maybe, but Darryl Dickey never pulled his defensive starters either, which suggests that North Texas' defense weakened as the game progressed. It didn't help matters any that Middle Tennessee was overlooking North Texas going into that game. MTSU certainly has been known to do that alot (SEMO in 2002; FAU and Temple in 2003).

This time is a little different, MeanGreen61. North Texas is not that perennial patsy everyone played them out to be going into 2001, and Middle Tennessee is no longer in the spotlight like in 2001. The pressure is on UNT.

MTSU can exploit the defensive secondary of UNT and even though you guys won't admit it, the losses of Branch and Nwigwe will have an affect on your offense. Nwigwe was Hall's wingman. I've yet to hear of anybody stepping up to be the new #1 receiver at UNT.</span></span></span>
07-23-2004 10:10 AM
DC_Clone
Unregistered

BlueRaiderPride Wrote:
MeanGreen61 Wrote:
BlueRaiderPride Wrote:<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>The conference champ will be determined by winning percentages.  Troy has a very favorable schedule.

Here's an interesting fact that you may not have known.  North Texas has dominated the Sun Belt for the past three seasons.  At home against Sun Belt teams, they've never lost, HOWEVER, they came very close to losing to one at home in 2001.  That team they nearly lost to was Middle Tennessee State.  A fieldgoal was the difference and remains as the closest call at home North Texas ever had against a Sun Belt team.  Interestingly enough, North Texas hasn't lost to MTSU since then, but then again, the Mean Green are more solid on the road and they've not seen MTSU in Denton the past two seasons.

North Texas' Sun Belt win streak began with that October victory in 2001 against Middle Tennessee.  Come October of 2004, North Texas will face Middle Tennessee in Denton for the first time since that day in 2001.  The spirited Raiders can beat North Texas at Fouts.

</span></span></span>
<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Maybe, but Darryl Dickey never pulled his defensive starters either, which suggests that North Texas' defense weakened as the game progressed. It didn't help matters any that Middle Tennessee was overlooking North Texas going into that game. MTSU certainly has been known to do that alot (SEMO in 2002; FAU and Temple in 2003).

This time is a little different, MeanGreen61. North Texas is not that perennial patsy everyone played them out to be going into 2001, and Middle Tennessee is no longer in the spotlight like in 2001. The pressure is on UNT.

MTSU can exploit the defensive secondary of UNT and even though you guys won't admit it, the losses of Branch and Nwigwe will have an affect on your offense. Nwigwe was Hall's wingman. I've yet to hear of anybody stepping up to be the new #1 receiver at UNT.</span></span></span>
The #1 receiver at North Texas last year was R/S freshman Johnny Quinn. The #2 receiver was TE Andy Blount. Both are back, both are pre-season all-conference.

Re: the 2001 game. Middle Tennessee came to Denton over confident and not really prepared. Coach Mac made a huge mistake in underrating North Texas.
07-23-2004 11:56 AM
untbowler Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

To Be the Man, You have to beat the Man!!!

So far nobody has been able to beat the man the last 18 games!!!

Hope this year does not change that except come NO Bowl the streak will be 25 GAMES!!!!!

GMG 04-cheers
07-23-2004 01:00 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

untbowler Wrote:To Be the Man, You have to beat the Man!!!

So far nobody has been able to beat the man the last 18 games!!!

Hope this year does not change that except come NO Bowl the streak will be 25 GAMES!!!!!

GMG&nbsp; 04-cheers
<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>You're right. And "the MAN" will lose twice!

Ask Marshall if they've ever lost to a MAC team.

Ask Louisiville if they've ever lost a CUSA game.

Ask Fresno if they've ever lost a WAC game.

All three of these teams have had conference losses. UNT's time is coming. They can't win forever.</span></span></span>
07-24-2004 08:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.