Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Homecoming Events
Bookmark and Share
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators

I wanted to see what events everyone will be participating in for Homecoming.

Check them out here: <a href='http://www.niu.edu/homecoming.shtml' target='_blank'>http://www.niu.edu/homecoming.shtml</a>

I will be in the parade on Saturday morning with the Huskie Mobile. The Huskie MoPed will also be making it's first public appearance. From there I plan on making my way over to the tailgate lot at about 11am with the Bus and Mobile. I plan on making a pilgrimage over to the AVC sometime during tailgating.

AVC after the game too! 04-rock
10-09-2005 07:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NIUtrav09 Offline
Huskies and Illini. Get over it!

I Root For: NIU and U of I

Can anyone tell me what the "Yell-Like-Hell" rehearsal at the Convo Center is??
10-09-2005 08:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIURedBlack Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

I think that groups put together chants/skits and perform them. I think it's mostly the greek system...but i think other groups do it too.
10-09-2005 08:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NiuCoils Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES

Donators

It's a frat and sorority thing. Each group puts together a cheer like a cheer competition. Some of them do pyramids and moves that probably only real chearleaders s hould be attempting 04-bow
10-09-2005 08:26 PM
NiuCoils Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES

Donators

I'll probably just show up at one of your vehicles for tailgating again HMM... Mike and Joe at Starbusters at night!
10-09-2005 08:29 PM
NIUtrav09 Offline
Huskies and Illini. Get over it!

I Root For: NIU and U of I

Oh yea I heard about that...

HMM... I'm gonna stop by this saturday with some friends. I've been wanting to meet you all.
10-09-2005 10:00 PM
Advertisement

Kedzman Offline
All American

I Root For:

I've still got my 1988 "yell like hell" homecoming sweatshirt from my sophomore year. 03-lol

I did "yell like hell" twice. It is a lot of work. We practiced for like a month in the basement of our fraternity house. 20 guys and 20 girls from the sorority you are paired with. It was a good chance to meet the girls - I swear we spent 30+ hours practicing our routine. It was always a really competitive thing between the Greeks. There were always a few girls from the sorority who were poms and/or cheerleaders who came up with the choreography and gymnastics part of the routine and then had to teach everyone.

Even if you are not greek, it is a very entertaining event. A lot of work goes into it and the groups take a lot of pride in getting behind the school/football team with their competitive event.
10-09-2005 10:30 PM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

NIUtrav09 Wrote:Oh yea I heard about that...

HMM... I'm gonna stop by this saturday with some friends. I've been wanting to meet you all.
Sounds good Trav. You and the rest of the world is going to stop by.
10-10-2005 08:45 AM
DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way

Geez. Could the school have used an older photo of the football team. Stuff like that drives me nuts!

Also, this year's theme is "Huskies Gone Wild." Hmmmm, will I be able to order that DVD on late night cable TV next week? And, as an added bonus, will it come with "Huskies Gone Wild/Silicon Valley - Dog Fan edition"?
10-10-2005 08:45 AM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies

Speaking of coming home, when will Baltimore Huskie be making his annual trip the NIU?
10-10-2005 08:47 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

We'll be there early tailgating and going to the opening ceremonies for the Alumni and Visitor Center.
10-10-2005 10:52 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

niuguy Offline
The first in, last out!

niu85alum Wrote:We'll be there early tailgating and going to the opening ceremonies for the Alumni and Visitor Center.
[Image: ttu%20003.jpg]
10-10-2005 10:55 AM
NIURedBlack Offline
Heisman

I'm gunna try to do Keg's and Eggs.
10-10-2005 10:58 AM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

NIURedBlack Wrote:I'm gunna try to do Keg's and Eggs.
Did it once and only once. Went to sleep around 2:30 (drunk) and got up before 6 am. Stumbled over to Amnesia for "free" Kegs and Eggs (but there was a cover charge!). Went back to Neptune, slept for another hour or two and made it out to tailgating to drink some more.

Saturday will be a full day and I would much rather enjoy it not sleep deprived. If you are going to do it you better be ready to party your a$s off Sat night as well! Saturday will be a long day.
10-10-2005 11:36 AM
cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

As much as I may wanna think I had some little thing to do with planting the seeds for bringing back the skydivers, I'm already imagining next year's 100th homecoming.

It should be beyond spectacular as a celebration.The event should be more festive than any other single moment- other than game victories themselves - in NIU's athletic history.

It should be bigger and badder than ever. Special Banners sponsored by businesses in the County should fly from every lampost on campus. Dancing inflated giant balloons shaped like muscians or other fun props should ring the stadium lots. It should have on display antique autos from each decade - Kane County Club. Freakin Cindy Crawford should be chosen parade grand marshall. If it's against Ball State, "Biff" from Letterman should be invited. Try any and everything possible to make this something to be an everlasting and spectacular moment.

Add the opening of the A&APC as part of the weekend.
10-10-2005 12:11 PM
fathuskie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Fatty's Breakfast is free -No Cover.
10-10-2005 12:15 PM
Advertisement

Bartindekalb Offline
Lord of the Dance; Special

I Root For: NIU
Donators

+1
10-10-2005 06:51 PM
niuguy Offline
The first in, last out!

Bartindekalb Wrote:
+1
Where at bart, i might meet you there
10-10-2005 07:29 PM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

niuguy Wrote:
Bartindekalb Wrote:
+1
You guys suck! I may have to meet you there. Fattys may be the place!
10-10-2005 10:01 PM
niuguy Offline
The first in, last out!

HuskiemobileMan Wrote:
niuguy Wrote:
Bartindekalb Wrote:
+1
You guys suck! I may have to meet you there. Fattys may be the place!
Yes, you MAY!
10-10-2005 10:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.