Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Southern Miss vs North Texas
Bookmark and Share
MadEagle Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss

Who wins this Bowl game to kick off the 2004 bowl season? I dont know all that much about North Texas accept they have dominated there league for four consective years. What type Offense and Defense do they play ? Thanks and Good Luck to both teams
11-28-2004 10:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cajunman02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
CrappiesCrappies

UNT will run over USM all night! GEAUX MEAN GREEN!
11-28-2004 11:07 PM
Tuffguy20 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Offensively, their stratagy is simple. Their gonna hand the ball to Jamario Thomas atleast 30 times, and you better be ready to stop him. They dont have a whole lot of designed pass plays, its mostly playaction passes, but the fact that they run the ball so much will hurt yer DB's with this. Defensivly, their not as good up the middle as in years past, but I saw alot of talent in the secondary when we played them. Their real opportunistic. Should be a good game with a great crowd. Also, sorry about this, but as a fan of the sunbelt, I am inclined to say, GEAUX MEAN GREEN!

Tuffguy
11-29-2004 01:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

MadEagle Wrote:Who wins this Bowl game to kick off the 2004 bowl season? I dont know all that much about North Texas accept they have dominated there league for four consective years. What type Offense and Defense do they play ? Thanks and Good Luck to both teams
<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>North Texas is going to win this game because of their defense. Their offense has been clicking very well as of late, but this defense can stop any passing game and does well in eliminating the run.

Southern Miss has not faced a team this good since Memphis or maybe even Alabama. UNT is THAT sound!! UNT could wipe the floor with all but maybe one or two teams on Southern Miss' CUSA slate.</span></span></span>
11-29-2004 11:38 AM
Quote this message in a reply
untbowler Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I think you overrate our pass defense. They play a very soft zone and that goes with our bend but do not break defensive scheme although I am hoping for more blitzes and different coverages. Our offense should be clicking with Jamario rested and healthy. He can still reach 2,000 yards with a great showing in NO.

Should be a great game. 04-cheers
11-29-2004 04:47 PM
99Tiger Offline
I got tiger blood, man.

I Root For: football wins

Crappies

Some things to consider when playing USM.

1. DeAngelo Williams lit them up for >200 yards.
2. USM's defense is typically very stout, but I think they may not be as balanced as in previous years. In other words, if they do not have to fear UNT's passing game, they will load up close to the line and dare the QB to beat them.
3. Their star LB, Boley, is among the best in the country...not the best, but definitely one of the best.
11-30-2004 01:38 AM
Advertisement

Tuffguy20 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

99Tiger Wrote:Some things to consider when playing USM.

1. DeAngelo Williams lit them up for >200 yards.
2. USM's defense is typically very stout, but I think they may not be as balanced as in previous years. In other words, if they do not have to fear UNT's passing game, they will load up close to the line and dare the QB to beat them.
3. Their star LB, Boley, is among the best in the country...not the best, but definitely one of the best.
thats what UNT is amazing at. their QB pulls of the playaction extremly well, the USM DB's are gonna have to be on their toes all game long.

Tuffguy
11-30-2004 01:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MadEagle Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss

Southern Miss will not be fooled by your playaction pass. They are well coached on defense. Our offense is not that bad either. I think most of you UNT fans will watch the Cal game and you will prolly see us get our azz handed to us. But you will also see a decent team. Boley is the best OLB In C-USA by far. And our Defense is probaly going to be one of the fastest you have seen all year. Now with all that said I do not think Southern Miss is going to blow you guys off the earth. But I do think its going to make for one hella of a game.
12-02-2004 12:39 AM
DC_Clone
Unregistered

Tuffguy20 Wrote:
99Tiger Wrote:Some things to consider when playing USM.

1.&nbsp; DeAngelo Williams lit them up for >200 yards.
2.&nbsp; USM's defense is typically very stout, but I think they may not be as balanced as in previous years.&nbsp; In other words, if they do not have to fear UNT's passing game, they will load up close to the line and dare the QB to beat them.
3.&nbsp; Their star LB, Boley, is among the best in the country...not the best, but definitely one of the best.
thats what UNT is amazing at. their QB pulls of the playaction extremly well, the USM DB's are gonna have to be on their toes all game long.

Tuffguy
UNT QB Scott Hall is overlooked because of Jamario & UNT's emphasis on the run. He can kill a team that moves up to stop the run with his passing. Scott doesn't pass much, but when he does............!He's ranked in the top 20 in passing efficiency and has a 57% completion percentage with 13 TDs and only 2 INT. He's got two very good All-Conference receivers in TE Any Blount & WR Johnny Quinn.
12-07-2004 01:56 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Eagle-Talon Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

First, this comment came from a blue raider...esh. We have played Nebraska ( @nebraska, won), alabama( @alabama, loss), we where ranked twice during the season (#24,# 21). Our defence has the CUSA Def. Conference Player of the year ( Michael Boley). Also, we played Cal to the wire and lost to #3 Cal by 10 points. I DON'T THINK WE ARE A CAKEWALK OR SOMEONE TO BE TAKEN LIGHTLY.

Congrats to North Texas on their appearance and good luck. We look forward to a good game.

[QUOTE]BlueRaiderPride Posted on Nov 29 2004, 11:38 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (MadEagle @ Nov 28 2004, 10:50 PM)
Who wins this Bowl game to kick off the 2004 bowl season? I dont know all that much about North Texas accept they have dominated there league for four consective years. What type Offense and Defense do they play ? Thanks and Good Luck to both teams

North Texas is going to win this game because of their defense. Their offense has been clicking very well as of late, but this defense can stop any passing game and does well in eliminating the run.

Southern Miss has not faced a team this good since Memphis or maybe even Alabama. UNT is THAT sound!! UNT could wipe the floor with all but maybe one or two teams on Southern Miss' CUSA slate.
12-14-2004 01:28 PM
studentfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

Gotta pull for North Texas on this bowl game! Good luck to both teams, but GEAUX Mean Green! 04-cheers
12-14-2004 06:31 PM
Advertisement

Eagle-Talon Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

BlueRaiderPride Wrote:
MadEagle Wrote:Who wins this Bowl game to kick off the 2004 bowl season? I dont know all that much about North Texas accept they have dominated there league for four consective years. What type Offense and Defense do they play ?&nbsp; Thanks and Good Luck to both teams
<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>North Texas is going to win this game because of their defense. Their offense has been clicking very well as of late, but this defense can stop any passing game and does well in eliminating the run.

Southern Miss has not faced a team this good since Memphis or maybe even Alabama. UNT is THAT sound!! UNT could wipe the floor with all but maybe one or two teams on Southern Miss' CUSA slate.</span></span></span>
WHATEVER!
12-14-2004 10:12 PM
Aquila Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Cajunman02 Wrote:UNT will run over USM all night! GEAUX MEAN GREEN!
It's always funny to go back and look at statements like this one isn't it? 31-10 Southern Miss.....nothing to brag about but at least it was a bowl game and we did what we needed to do to win.
12-14-2004 11:07 PM
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
CrappiesCrappies

Aquila Wrote:
Cajunman02 Wrote:UNT will run over USM all night!&nbsp; GEAUX MEAN GREEN!
It's always funny to go back and look at statements like this one isn't it? 31-10 Southern Miss.....nothing to brag about but at least it was a bowl game and we did what we needed to do to win.
Congrats on the win.
12-14-2004 11:09 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

BlueRaiderPride Wrote:
MadEagle Wrote:Who wins this Bowl game to kick off the 2004 bowl season? I dont know all that much about North Texas accept they have dominated there league for four consective years. What type Offense and Defense do they play ?&nbsp; Thanks and Good Luck to both teams

Man, you must feel really stupid right about now.....

:wave:
12-14-2004 11:14 PM
Tuffguy20 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

The Knight Time Wrote:
BlueRaiderPride Wrote:
MadEagle Wrote:Who wins this Bowl game to kick off the 2004 bowl season? I dont know all that much about North Texas accept they have dominated there league for four consective years. What type Offense and Defense do they play ?  Thanks and Good Luck to both teams

Not defending his statement, but man, I dont think a fan of UCF has any room to talk smack right about now. Congrats to Southern miss, that 6-5 record does not represent just how good of a team yall were, I knew that when I saw yall play Cal close.

Tuffguy
12-14-2004 11:56 PM
Advertisement

The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Tuffguy20 Wrote:
The Knight Time Wrote:
BlueRaiderPride Wrote:
MadEagle Wrote:Who wins this Bowl game to kick off the 2004 bowl season? I dont know all that much about North Texas accept they have dominated there league for four consective years. What type Offense and Defense do they play ?  Thanks and Good Luck to both teams

Not defending his statement, but man, I dont think a fan of UCF has any room to talk smack right about now. Congrats to Southern miss, that 6-5 record does not represent just how good of a team yall were, I knew that when I saw yall play Cal close.

Tuffguy
I'm not talking smack about anyone's team.

I'm just pointing out how ignorantly stupid Mr. Raider's comments were and how he looks absolutely foolish after predicting such lofty expecations.

If anything, I'm just pointing out an opportunity for a well needed "Foot in mouth" lesson.
12-15-2004 12:47 AM
Tuffguy20 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

The Knight Time Wrote:I'm not talking smack about anyone's team.

I'm just pointing out how ignorantly stupid Mr. Raider's comments were and how he looks absolutely foolish after predicting such lofty expecations.

If anything, I'm just pointing out an opportunity for a well needed "Foot in mouth" lesson.
sorry, miss-interpreted it, but I will defend him on being confident. As SBC fans, we ussually only have one team to root for come bowl season, this year we have 2, and how much we care and want our conference to succeed almost makes us kinda think with our hearts a little more than our brains. the game was much closer than the score indicated, when hall threw that INT that was run back for a TD, thats when things got blown out. Laters.

Tuffguy
12-15-2004 01:07 AM
LoveTheBomb Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis

BlueRaiderPride Wrote:

Please remember that what is considered a sound football team to a blue raider is a BAD football team to whoever your New Orleans Bowl opponent is. USM did the exact same thing to your champ this year that we did last year.

I know North Texas looks like Oklahoma to MTSU, but whenever they play a mid-level team in a mid-level conference, they look like a D-1AA school.

Anyone who wants to see a real bowl game, tune in next week to watch the Tigers roll over BGSU
12-15-2004 01:17 AM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

LoveTheBomb Wrote:
BlueRaiderPride Wrote:

Please remember that what is considered a sound football team to a blue raider is a BAD football team to whoever your New Orleans Bowl opponent is. USM did the exact same thing to your champ this year that we did last year.

I know North Texas looks like Oklahoma to MTSU, but whenever they play a mid-level team in a mid-level conference, they look like a D-1AA school.

Anyone who wants to see a real bowl game, tune in next week to watch the Tigers roll over BGSU
I'd be careful.

Bowling Green has a squad. THey can flat out play.
12-15-2004 10:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.