Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

HOOPS MONDAY!
Bookmark and Share
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Games are just underway but I've been busy--my picks Saturday were ridiculously wrong, but that's because I wanted to be nice and optimistic here as the season begins.
Stupid me!
Glvoes are off, though I predict a 3-1 night tonight:

Concordia @ EMU :should be an easy one for the Hureagles, but I know nothing about Concordia--watch them be the #1 NAIA team in the country. Put this one in the bank EMU!

Detroit Mercy @WMU :Tough opponent, has already whipped BG and UB. But WMU can lay claim to being the best team in Michigan with a win here. I say they do it.

Ohio @ Brown : For gd's sake you ought to be able to beat a color, I would think, though Brown got hammered by Providence about as badly as the Bobs did. They also have lost to Belmont, Wagner, and IUPUIUPUIUPUI. I mean if you can't beat a horse track, a power painter, or an offensive lineman from the Fugi Islands, you sure as hell can't beat a down home southern Ohio team, can you? Plus, at Brown you can get EXPELLED for sleeping with a coed who has had ONE drink AND consents before AND after! Win this one Bobs, for all that is good and decent about going to college in the MAC!

Marshall @ Rutgers : Here's the Herd's chance to step up to the big time. One of only 2 MAC teams who are undefeated yet, somebody has to make a run into the national spotlight or they may take away our ONE bid this year. But this is a might tough task where Gary Waters has turned the Scarlet Knights into an extremely tough team to beat in theri gym. Just ask the rest of the Big East. Like UCONN. St. John's etc.

There may only be ONE undefeated MAC team left after tonight. (and we all know who that is...) 04-cheers

<!--EDIT|axeme|Dec 2 2002, 07:26 PM-->
12-02-2002 07:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

That's not what you said about us on the Rutgers board! 05-nono
12-02-2002 07:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sleepy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

"Detroit Mercy @WMU :Tough opponent, has already whipped BG and UB. But WMU can lay claim to being the best team in Michigan with a win here. I say they do it."

Tom Izzo and the Spartans might have a different opinion as to whose the best team in Michigan..

The MAC West is looking wide open with BSU losing Theron Smith for the season. Actually there's no one in the East or West at this point that looks like that great. Is it going to be down year for the league?.
12-02-2002 07:29 PM
Okie Chippewa Offline
All American

I Root For: The MAC

Ax:

Since you beat me to the punch (again), I'll go out on a limb and say the MAC will go 4-0 tonight. Wait a minute... Marshall... road game... never mind 3-1.

Listening to the WMU-Detroit game. Broncos sounding good so far. But it seems they haven't beaten the Titans since, oh, Dickie V. was coach. Since the football team finally beat CMU in Mt. Pleasant, I'm picking the Broncos to end another hex tonight.

P.S.

Heard the Kent- SW Missouri game. Boy the Flashes stole that one!! Way to go.
12-02-2002 07:32 PM
BobcatFan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

OU up 45-27 at the half...this is more like it...
12-02-2002 08:01 PM
Okie Chippewa Offline
All American

3 1/2 minutes into the 2nd half: OU 45-36. Ouch.
12-02-2002 08:12 PM
Advertisement

BobcatFan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

55-49 OU, 10 minutes left...

When does baseball season start????
12-02-2002 08:18 PM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

Donators

Rutgers 34 Marshall 19 6:15 1st
12-02-2002 08:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

Donators

04-bow Michigan State! Oh yeah! They DO play basketball in E. Lansing, don't they?

Marshall down 5, halfway through the first half--16-11.
12-02-2002 08:32 PM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

Donators

41-19 5:10 1st
12-02-2002 08:35 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

Ouch, HF4L! Bad stretch puts the Herd in a hole. :(
Rutgers is a very tough team this year--they almost made the NCAA last year after being picked for last in the Big Least. My man Waters is the real deal--I hated to lose him at Kent because he is as good a coach as there is on every count--plus he is a quality person who will surround himself with quality players.
12-02-2002 08:38 PM
Advertisement

BobcatFan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Ok...we suck 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-puke 03-puke 03-puke 03-puke 03-puke
12-02-2002 08:42 PM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

Donators

I know...I read all about your thoughts on the Rutgers board. :D

46-21 2:36
12-02-2002 08:43 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

Herd Fan 4-Life Wrote:That's not what you said about us on the Rutgers board! 05-nono
It WAS a bit harsh if I recall. :D
Well, new day, new dollar.
Trying to be nice here on the MAC board--but I really don't think GW can coach a lick compared to GW and the Herd will probably get run out of there. Talent is not that much different, either--you guys have some players, like you did last year when you had as much talent as ANYONE in the MAC, certainly more than everyone except maybe the Flashes. I see the problem sitting on the bench. What do you think it is? I'm willing to be educated, seriously.
04-cheers
12-02-2002 08:44 PM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

Donators

I don't think the "Inmates are running the asylum" 03-razz but the coaching leaves alot to be desired. I don't speak for all HERD fans.....but I'm not the only one who feels that way either!!
12-02-2002 08:46 PM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

Donators

49-23 halftime!
12-02-2002 08:48 PM
Advertisement

axeme Offline
Sage

I don't know anyting about what goes on off the court, but last year it seemed like White lost control of his 3 stars on the floor. They did what they wanted without coaching control from the bench. GW just let them play. At least the ahlf dozen times I saw them on TV .
12-02-2002 08:51 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

Bobs blow 18 point lead, but escape Brown 75-71.
Brown. Really.

:eek:
12-02-2002 08:57 PM
Rockets1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo

Ohio cant continue to play like they are now.
12-02-2002 09:02 PM
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

DonatorsCrappiesCrappies

EMU (3-1) wins 115-80.
12-02-2002 09:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.