Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

BLOWOUT!!
Bookmark and Share
ElusiveQB Offline
All American

I Root For:

:D Zippies go into the MAC Center and WHOOP on Kent!!!!

What classless fans, might I add 05-nono
03-01-2003 09:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

Congrats!!!!!! 04-bow 04-cheers
03-01-2003 09:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
REALIST Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Crappies

This might be a trend - kicking the hell out of Kent State in Football at KSU AND NOW kicking the hell out of Kent State in men's basketball at Kent State.
03-01-2003 10:47 PM
Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

AkronObsessed Wrote::D Zippies go into the MAC Center and WHOOP on Kent!!!!

What classless fans, might I add 05-nono
CONGRATS AKRON!! 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow 04-cheers 04-cheers 04-cheers

I listened to the game on the radio and it sounded like Akron played their best game of the year.

AO, I'd hate to play the ZIps in the MAC Tourney....you guys have beaten CMU and Kent ON THE ROAD in the last two games and lost a heartbreaker to Miami on tv. The Zips are getting hot at the perfect time...with Marshall at home and Buffalo on the road to close.
Akron has proven they can beat ANYONE in the league ANYWHERE...

One other thing...Kent fans classless? It is a pretty heated rivalry...I remember listening to the Akron announcers saying there were a few disturbances in the crowd directly behind them. I heard one fan going bezerk with his yelling and taunting and the Zips radio crew was like "What is this guy's problem???" What was your take? What happened? Kent fans, what are your thoughts?
I can only say when a team like Kent, which has been THE hoops program in the MAC 5 years running, starts to lose regularly, it gets frustrating. Kent HATES to lose...esp at home. I know no team likes to lose but with Kent and their determination, I think it rides a little more. They are the defending champs and don't wanna give up that title.

I will say this...I think the Flashes are in trouble come tourney time...They were the best team the last few years...but alot of other teams are right there with them this year. Will the defending MAC champs be up to the challenge and defeat all challengers? Man am I glad my buddy got us court sides seats for the entire tournament!!
Enjoy this win Zips fans!

04-cheers
03-01-2003 10:54 PM
Advertisement

CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies

Quote:AO, I'd hate to play the ZIps in the MAC Tourney....you guys have beaten CMU and Kent ON THE ROAD in the last two games and lost a heartbreaker to Miami on tv.

Also, there was the win over Ohio that started the current three-game streak. I must agree: Akron is a team that can heat up in a hurry and burn teams with its speed and shooting. I doubt many team want to play them in the first round... 04-drinky
03-01-2003 11:09 PM
Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

BTW CMICHFan, Congrats on another big win for the CHips today! CMU is a very strong contender for the title! Big showdown with NIU coming up? That will be the game of the year in the West race...It BETTER be on the MAC tv plan...
03-01-2003 11:15 PM
CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies

Thanks! On TV? It probably should be, but as of right now, only CMU PBS is carrying it. :( It is a big game! A win would guarantee CMU at least a share of the regular season MAC title and at least a #2 seed in the tournament. 04-cheers
03-02-2003 06:47 PM
ElusiveQB Offline
All American

I Root For:

Thanks for the kind words fellas.

I agree, Akron is HOTT right now and I wouldn't want to play them either. Beating Ohio, @CMU, and @Kent right in a row.....that's a tough thing to do.

Also was suprised that after the Zips beat OU...Ohio turned around and beat Virginia! So looks like the MAC is a pretty good bball conf. - always has been.
03-05-2003 03:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.