Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Let's stop beating around the bush!!
Bookmark and Share
Roberto Gato Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ohio, Ohio and Ohio

Are you interested in CUSA without Cinci and Louisville?

If you choose CUSA, what one (1) program would you like to have join you (realistically)?
07-15-2003 09:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Papa Lou BSU Offline
1st String

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

It doesn't matter what they think... C-USA is *not* interested in Marshall.
07-15-2003 09:54 AM
herdfannindy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I would be very interested in CUSA if either Toledo, UCF, or Miami would also be joining. That is assuming no other teams would be leaving. If the finances would be worse, I would have a hard time justifying it though. The basketball would be a step up. The football would be better if any of the 3 teams joined with Marshall. The ability to travel and watch our team would be greatly diminished though and that would be a major drawback.

I would love to see a schedule that had the following teams.

Toledo
ECU
USF
Memphis
TCU
Southern Miss
Tulane
UAB
OOC
OOC
OOC

It would be a better schedule, name wise, than the MAC can currently offer. Buffalo, EMU, CMU, Akron, and Kent will never create the excitement of playing a Toledo, Miami, UCF, TCU, ECU, or USF.

Each league has its good and bad points though.
07-15-2003 09:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Maybe we should poll Toledo and Miami fans about what they'd think about making such a move.

If several MAC schools were going to rip the league apart by joining Conference USA, then maybe Bowling Green would have to consider it. But I like the MAC, and I want it go continue on the path is taking. We make strides together every year, and we have a lot of tradition. I'd like to think my friends at Toledo and Miami feel the same way about it.
07-15-2003 10:05 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies

I thought they were going to go to the BE? A Marshall fan came over to our board and said it was a "done deal". 03-lol
07-15-2003 10:06 AM
Karl Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs

When HFI mentioned ONE of those schools going along with Marshall, my thought was that we, as a conference, would be better off doing a little addition and subtraction of our own instead of going elsewhere. The UT/BG rivalry HAS to live on, and frankly, I'm still ticked that we don't play Miami every year anymore. There are a good handful of MAC teams I'd like to continue with each year, but a very few CUSA teams added to the schedule could be a step in the right direction.
07-15-2003 10:41 AM
Advertisement

ElusiveQB Offline
All American

I Root For:

herdfannindy Wrote:I would be very interested in CUSA if either Toledo, UCF, or Miami would also be joining. That is assuming no other teams would be leaving. If the finances would be worse, I would have a hard time justifying it though. The basketball would be a step up. The football would be better if any of the 3 teams joined with Marshall. The ability to travel and watch our team would be greatly diminished though and that would be a major drawback.

I would love to see a schedule that had the following teams.

Toledo
ECU
USF
Memphis
TCU
Southern Miss
Tulane
UAB
OOC
OOC
OOC

It would be a better schedule, name wise, than the MAC can currently offer. Buffalo, EMU, CMU, Akron, and Kent will never create the excitement of playing a Toledo, Miami, UCF, TCU, ECU, or USF.

Each league has its good and bad points though.
It should be exciting enough to play us......

COUGH 34-20 COUGH

:eek:
07-15-2003 11:10 AM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

And I'd like to stick up for Central Michigan here. That's historically a good program. They have good fans. They'll be back. I'm certain of it.
07-15-2003 11:24 AM
Kiss_My_Left_Sac Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Quote:But I like the MAC, and I want it go continue on the path is taking. We make strides together every year, and we have a lot of tradition. I'd like to think my friends at Toledo and Miami feel the same way about it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Quote:And I'd like to stick up for Central Michigan here. That's historically a good program. They have good fans. They'll be back. I'm certain of it.

07-15-2003 11:47 AM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Kiss_My_Left_Sac Wrote:
Quote:But I like the MAC, and I want it go continue on the path is taking. We make strides together every year, and we have a lot of tradition. I'd like to think my friends at Toledo and Miami feel the same way about it.

Quote:And I'd like to stick up for Central Michigan here. That's historically a good program. They have good fans. They'll be back. I'm certain of it.

A Marshall win over a top 25 BCS school.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
07-15-2003 01:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies

Kiss_My_Left_Sac Wrote:

First...Welcome to the board...

But...you obviously have a very shallow understanding or knowledge of MAC history. CMU, after dominating D2 for a few years, made the move to D1 and the MAC and made an immediate impact (sound familiar?) and has been a solid program overall since that time.

Oh yeah, nice handle. :tomato:
07-15-2003 01:55 PM
Advertisement

Road Warrior Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

The handle does beg the question, though:

How many do you have?
07-15-2003 02:05 PM
Papa Lou BSU Offline
1st String

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

I would hope that is entirely too much information for our friendly little message board, don't you, RW?

03-wink
07-15-2003 03:04 PM
TJRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

Crappies

Maybe he meant "kiss the left side of my sac"
07-15-2003 03:12 PM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

Papa Lou BSU Wrote:It doesn't matter what they think... C-USA is *not* interested in Marshall.
Thank God!!
07-15-2003 05:39 PM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

RobertN Wrote:I thought they were going to go to the BE? A Marshall fan came over to our board and said it was a "done deal". 03-lol
We know...that's all you've talked about for the last 6 weeks. :(
07-15-2003 05:40 PM
Advertisement

UTLAW Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Schadenfreude Wrote:Maybe we should poll Toledo and Miami fans about what they'd think about making such a move.

If several MAC schools were going to rip the league apart by joining Conference USA, then maybe Bowling Green would have to consider it. But I like the MAC, and I want it go continue on the path is taking. We make strides together every year, and we have a lot of tradition. I'd like to think my friends at Toledo and Miami feel the same way about it.
The only way I would ever want to see Toledo leave the MAC is if they were offered admittance to a BCS conference. Since that is likely never going to happen I am perfectly happy in the MAC. It is sort of fun to be the continuous underdog, which makes games against BCS teams that much more fun, and the victories that much sweeter.
07-16-2003 07:39 AM
HERDitALL Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

It is amazing how many losers like to take their pot shots at MU.
Total jealousy.
For being die hard fans of your respected schools, you guys are really concerened about the well being of MU.

If it wasn't for MARSHALL, you guys would still be looking at the small little section at the end of the sports section to find out if your beloved MAC team won or not.
Now, thanks to the HERD, you all have gotten better, some alot, some a little............but overall, the MAC realized that it was time to get serious and upgrade their programs. And thanks to the HERD, you guys know what ESPN means.
And yes, Toledo did beat MU 42-0, and yes Miami has beaten the HERD, BG and Akron have got a win over MU. And thanks to that win, your coaches are able to sell your program to future recruits.
Sure MU has a few bad apples but so does every team in America.
Bottom line, Marshall has done more good for the MAC than anyone in the MAC the last 6 years.
Now with the addition of UCF plus having MU...........the MAC is on the verge of getting yet another bowl bid. Yet you all still find a way to degrade the HERD like MU has totally brought the MAC down.
Wanna talk about somebody, look in the mirror and talk about yourself on how immature you all seem to act.
later losers
07-17-2003 05:38 PM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

You mean to tell me that ESPN existed before Marshall moved up to 1A?? Really?? 03-confused Wow, I had no idea. Damn, I guess I should thank the Herd - thanks, now I can watch all those weekday football games between Memphis and UAB that I was previously missing.

For the record, I believe that Toledo's victory over Penn State has done more for the MAC than anything else, at least in the last 5-10 years (speaking of football only - BB would have to be Kent State's Elite Eight run). Now, had Marshall actually competed with or beaten Va Tech or Florida, that would have been been different.... :rolleyes:
07-17-2003 05:47 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

My my, how you billies do babble. No one, I repeat, NO ONE, is jealous of your one trick cheating pony. Shouldn't you be packing for the Big East, or where ever it is you geniuses are leaving for this week?
07-17-2003 05:48 PM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.