Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NCAA INFRACTIONS
Bookmark and Share
goherd94 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

<a href='https://goomer.ncaa.org/wdbctx/LSDBi/LSDBI.home' target='_blank'>https://goomer.ncaa.org/wdbctx/LSDBi/LSDBI.home</a>

Just so we dont just see MARSHALL,

There we see Toldeo, Miami Ohio, Akron, Buffalo.....yeah i know Marshall 3 times.
07-31-2003 01:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Marshall three times...and all three times it was serious, multiple, willful infractions to gain an advantage. Buffalo had a problem coach who was immediately dismissed, not given a raise. Toledo's was an oversight that was promptly, and truly, self-reported. There is no comparison. Why would you bring this up? It certainly doesn't make Marshall look good in any way at all. If you're hoping to bring the other teams down to Marshall's level, you'll need to find a lot dumber crowd than this one.
07-31-2003 01:26 PM
Quote this message in a reply
goherd94 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Actually Oddball I posted it becuase I think its a cool website and very informative. Certainly didnt think it looked good for Marshall, especially since Most MAC infractions are Basketball related.
The 1990 Marshall infraction was from the Rick "convict" Huckabee years in Basketball, he was horrible.....1969 I dont even know alot about except it was an aweful attemp by boosters to get better facilities and athletes and a horrible blotch on MU that caused our initial fall from MAC....the third has been discussed here so much that I wouldnt even try. So thats all not a dig at other schools or trying to make mine better, and not a flame either

Have a good day
07-31-2003 01:32 PM
Kiss_My_Left_Sac Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Why bother trying to make a point to Asshat the Half-Man ??

You should know that you can't reckon with the infirm of mind and the psychotic.

As far as Asshat is concerned we will always be associated with these minor infractions ( And yes they were minor in the scope of comparison to other successful programs ).

You see, this stuff just serves to fuel the hatred and paranoia that Half-Man and his krewe of MACSTERS have toward us.

One thing that Half-Man can't change though - we have won 5 of 6 Mid American Conference Championships and 5 straight bowls. We are the marquis team in this conference.

Must be tough rooting for these other teams - again I understand how futile these poor people must feel -- but it isn't gonna change anytime soon.

Don't hate us because we are beautiful. :rofl:
07-31-2003 01:45 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

:withstupid: Minor? :rofl:
07-31-2003 01:49 PM
goherd94 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Actually if you read our report.....its kinda scary....Ill give us its not as bad as Alabama, Tennessee ect......but proabably with eception of Ball ST and Buffalos two infractions ours is the biggest blemish on the MAC......course no one paid attention to the MAC til we got there.....

JUST PLAYING

Really gang only posted it because you can read the ACTUAL report on these infractions, search the database by conference or by teams.

So GO HERD
07-31-2003 01:54 PM
Advertisement

TJRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

Crappies

Kiss My Left Sac, or KMLS you have made it a official you are an idiot.

Congratulations!!! 04-rock 04-bow :wave:
07-31-2003 02:03 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

goherd94 Wrote:course no one paid attention to the MAC til we got there.....
Hmm, well CMU beat Mich St 2x, Miami owns a winning record agains the SEC, BG played 2 stellar bowl games in the Cal and Vegas bowls, Toledo went undefeated...

Who are you? (Remember, you are the people who keep chanting "We are Marshall" because no one else knows or cares...)
07-31-2003 02:10 PM
UTLAW Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

DrTorch Wrote:
Hmm, well CMU beat Mich St 2x, Miami owns a winning record agains the SEC, BG played 2 stellar bowl games in the Cal and Vegas bowls, Toledo went undefeated...

Who are you? (Remember, you are the people who keep chanting "We are Marshall" because no one else knows or cares...)
He did say he was "just playing".

Cut him some slack, I mean we finally got a reasonable Herd fan. :D
07-31-2003 02:34 PM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

DrTorch Wrote:Who are you? (Remember, you are the people who keep chanting "We are Marshall" because no one else knows or cares...)
Oh, you know!!

Especially if you were lucky enough to score MACC tickets the last six years after your season was over.

That was pretty funny though, DT. :D
07-31-2003 02:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ElusiveQB Offline
All American

I Root For:

What did Akron do? 03-confused
07-31-2003 02:41 PM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

goherd94 Wrote:Really gang only posted it because you can read the ACTUAL report on these infractions, search the database by conference or by teams.
Strangely, I believe you. Sorry if my response was overly harsh. Years of having Herd fans like the one above make statements defending and denying Marshall's transgressions while attacking the rest of the MAC tends to make me be a bit less than charitable when ascribing motives for posts like yours.

FWIW, the NCAA also has the full reports available at their site. They just aren't as easily found. Nice site.
07-31-2003 02:50 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

UTLAW Wrote:
DrTorch Wrote:

He did say he was "just playing".

Cut him some slack, I mean we finally got a reasonable Herd fan. :D
Oh alright. I didn't think his first post was anything to get upset about at all, but the unnecessary dig about no-one paying attention obviously irked me.

And I didn't understand the positioning of the "just playing".

So peace?
07-31-2003 03:00 PM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

Oddball Wrote:Strangely, I believe you. Sorry if my response was overly harsh. Years of having Herd fans like the one above make statements defending and denying Marshall's transgressions while attacking the rest of the MAC tends to make me be a bit less than charitable when ascribing motives for posts like yours.
Take a look in the mirror, Oompa Loompa.
07-31-2003 03:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Sure thing, Billy Bob.
07-31-2003 03:20 PM
Papa Lou BSU Offline
1st String

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Ball State's hoops violations (which involved one booster and one recruit who never played a minute for the Cards receiving a small cash payment, and two other players receiving a sweatsuit, btw, nothing in the same stratosphere as Marshall's litany of violations) resulted in BSU firing both the head coach involved and the AD, for good measure. And the players involved were booted from the university, and two others served lengthy suspensions for not reporting the violations when they knew of them.

Contrast that to Huntington, where no one of consequence was punished by the university for any of their most recent violations.
07-31-2003 04:16 PM
Advertisement

fatmanjim Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Hmmm, if I recall correctly, the FORMER Athletics Director and FORMER Compliance Director no longer hold those positions at Marshall. In addition, I do believe the booster involved has been disassociated with the MU Athletics department since the NCAA sanctions. I guess none of this qualifies as a punishment? LOL.
07-31-2003 04:31 PM
Papa Lou BSU Offline
1st String

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Marshall's former AD was not fired because of the NCAA investigation and you know it.

The NCAA forced you to disassociate from the booster, that was not a self-punishment.

And forgive me for not being impressed that your coach made the compliance director the fall guy, even as he repeatedly warned those in charge about the problems before the NCAA arrived but was roundly ignored.

Care to try again?
07-31-2003 04:45 PM
Herdon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Hey goofy one, it dosen't have anything to do with years of MU kicking the rest of the Mac's butts. Nice spin. 03-lol
07-31-2003 06:45 PM
fatmanjim Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

PapaLou,
You apparently have intimate knowledge of why Marshall's AD was reassigned and also were privy to all the conversations that did or did not take place between the compliance director and the head football coach.
Yeah...OK...that's believeable. :withstupid:
07-31-2003 06:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.