Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

You want Truth?
Bookmark and Share
KingBob Offline
Hard Core

I Root For: TD's wit a shot

Crappies

1. My first Point!!! Strength of Schedule

<a href='http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/fans_view/20030128.html' target='_blank'>http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/fans_vi...w/20030128.html</a>

2. My second point... here marshall was what was ranked very high pre-season turned out to be pretty darn low

<a href='http://teamrankings.com/ncf/27powerratings.php3' target='_blank'>http://teamrankings.com/ncf/27powerratings.php3</a>

3. Which Poll do I use to make the pre-season strength of schedule? Notice, in one of the polls the Rockets are 24

<a href='http://www.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/polls/' target='_blank'>http://www.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/polls/</a>
08-08-2003 12:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KingBob Offline
Hard Core

Crappies

Yo... Herd? I don't hear anything?
08-08-2003 01:01 PM
KingBob Offline
Hard Core

Crappies

I should probably spell it out for the cows... Pre-Season rankings of strenght of schedule depends on which source you use. Knowing what I know, being an college football fan and understanding the difference in college football programs as well as knowing how biased the media can be, I have come to the conclusion that marshall's strenth of schedule is week. As you can see from last years analysis, they had the second from the weakest regular season schedule... So, rather than using pre-season polling, which obviously is flawed... I choose to make my statement from my experience and level of knowledge... It is my opinion, just like anyone else has their opinion and if you don't like it... well then just kiss my :arse: :arse: :arse: :arse: :arse: :arse: :arse: :arse: :arse:
08-08-2003 01:13 PM
fatmanjim Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Marshall had one of the worst Strength of Schedule ratings in the country last year.
The majority of Marshall's games came against MAC opponents.
See the correlation?

Unlike other MAC schools, we can't play Marshall to improve our SOS rating.

:wave:
08-08-2003 01:20 PM
KingBob Offline
Hard Core

Crappies

Well, when Marshall first got into the MAC they put all the top echelon teams in the East and Marshall was in the west... There are some pretty weak teams in the MAC that tend to drop the SOS... But, if you notice too... Where did marshall play the best teams in the MAC last year, WMU - Toledo - Miami? Oh Gee... I dunno... at home... and where did they lose? Oh gee... I dunno to Akron away... there seems to be something fishy here... but, anyway... their weakness in scheduling comes from them playing weak teams... i dont' consider the MAC teams at least top teams to be weak... they played app state and troy st.? I really don't consider that power rankings..
08-08-2003 01:30 PM
KingBob Offline
Hard Core

Crappies

Just to make it simple for the herd to understand... If they had Bowling Green, NIU, Western and Toledo on their schedule and 3 of them were away games... I would then lend some respect to their schedule... but, playing kent, akron, buffalo away and Toledo, miami and western at home... ummm... yeah... **Yawn**
08-08-2003 01:39 PM
Advertisement

Kiss_My_Left_Sac Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Don't it suck !!!

Looks like you must all play us in Huntington ( again ).

I would be pissed too :rofl:

Tough luck MAC'sters.

The domination will continue-

AND THERE AIN'T A DAMMN THING YOU LOSERS CAN DO ABOUT IT.

GET USED TO IT.
08-08-2003 02:53 PM
KingBob Offline
Hard Core

Crappies

03-banghead

Let's just get this game on!!!!!

03-banghead
08-08-2003 03:12 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies

My first point: I suggest you read throught the old posts on here. Your material is old and has been hashed ad nauseum.

My second point: You get all the tough teams at home this year in the MAC, except the toughest, and this year's publications pick our schedule harder than yours. We have Miami and UCF away (arguably the toughest in the MACEast) and Tenn and #5 KSU away OOC. SOme years you get schedule help some you don't....whaaaaaaaaa

My third point: 7 days equals a "week" and not strong equals "weak" you illiterate POS.

If you can't bring it any better than that then don't bring it at all.
08-08-2003 03:14 PM
KingBob Offline
Hard Core

Crappies

03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead 03-banghead
08-08-2003 03:17 PM
Herdon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

kingbub,
you are as stale as a draft beer left on the porch of the Pike house at 5 in the morning. Actually, you are kind of like a joke, Herd it all before, Beat you before. Keep talking and we will see how much you have to say after toledodump slinks out of Title Town with another loss. By the way, I have called it, a 17 point loss. You remind me of a person with some mental problems, regardless of the facts or history, you live in your own dream world. Toledodump to win the national championship 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol
08-08-2003 07:59 PM
Advertisement

Karl Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs

I have only two words for all of this, directed both at the Herd fans and KingBob...

SMACK BOARD
08-08-2003 08:07 PM
Herd Swimming Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: T & A

Quote:Well, when Marshall first got into the MAC they put all the top echelon teams in the East and Marshall was in the west

If ignorance is bliss, you may well be the happiest man alive.

And, just in case that sails over your empty cranium, Marshall has never been in the West.

It was true that all the top echelon teams were in the East, except for Western Michigan and Toledo. And Northern Illinois. And Ball State.

Wow, you are sure scoring with those zingers today Bob. :withstupid:
08-08-2003 08:44 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Actually, when the conference was split into divisions the West was lopsided. Toledo and all of the Michigan schools were good. Miami and BG were with Kent, Akron, OU and the two I-AA teams. It all ended up evening out, but at the time it appeared to be very unbalanced...and probably was.
08-09-2003 06:54 AM
Quote this message in a reply
DallasGreen Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Muther, It's good to see you get PISSED!
Your big enough to take care of any three of these wimps!
Do us all a favor and start with the one named "OB".

LET'S GET THE SEASON STARTED! 04-rock
08-09-2003 07:15 PM
CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies

Quote:I have only two words for all of this, directed both at the Herd fans and KingBob...

SMACK BOARD

Ask and ye shall receive.
08-09-2003 11:22 PM
Advertisement

KingBob Offline
Hard Core

Crappies

well, as for the mix up with the east and west... sorry, but I am not like the herd people, I have a job that doesn't require knowledge of fliping burgers and making fries... and I get busy... maybe they wouldn't be talking so much smack... if they used their on the job training here in these forums...
08-11-2003 01:05 PM
Herd Swimming Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: T & A

It never ceases to amaze when some deadbeat comes on here with his smack tirade full of inaccuracies that the first thing he or she does, when busted by the smackee, is smack on their intelligence/profession.

I sure don't know what you do to your burgers, but the wrist action used when turning ones burger from one side to the other is spelled with two Ps Einstein.

Take your moron medicine tonight my boy. Hopefully it will raise your intelligence a couple of levels.

:rofl:

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnext.
08-11-2003 02:40 PM
TJRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

Crappies

You told him :rolleyes:
08-11-2003 04:05 PM
KingBob Offline
Hard Core

Crappies

to all the terds... a couple of my mis types were merely symantic... i am sure they confusued you though... however, in terms of the substance

1. I gave three websites that backed my original point... nobody from the terds ever answered the substance...

2. Ahhh.. so you picked up on the two p's in flipping... you must have known how to spell that from reading them in the McDonalds manuals... hey, maybe in a year you will make fry cook.... :rofl: :rofl:
08-11-2003 05:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.