Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Randolph Morris
Bookmark and Share
WKUTops Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Just wanted to vent a bit before leaving for a weekend getaway tomorrow. What is this sh*t about Morris possibly returning to u of k? I mean don't they have a dam rule that addresses this? What the he77 is that stupid deadline they have a week prior to the draft for? That freakin amazes me.

Another thing that amazes me is u of k fans. First, I said something about them losing players (didn't name anyone specifically) leaving to go to the league (just to get things stirred up, of course; not really knowing). They all said I was a fool. None of their players would go; they will win it all next year. Then, Azabuke (sp?) declares and hires an agent; gone. Next, this Morris punk declares but doesn't hire an agent. 'Aw, he's just testing the waters.' 'He just wants to see good competition this summer at pre-draft camps.' etc, etc, etc, etc. Then, as the deadline nears, they all say that he better come back. He'd be a fool to leave. He wouldn't get drafted. u of k needs him. If he doesn't come back, i'll hate him, etc., etc, etc, etc. Then, he stays in the draft and they all hate him. Then, he doesn't get drafted and they all want him back. I wish all of them sons of b*tches (morris, u of k fans, tubby 'not so clean' smith) would make up their minds. Play or leave; take him or leave him. Sheesh!

Sorry for the language. I tried to edit the best I could. Sorry for the rant, too. :mad:
06-30-2005 11:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Its called two sets of rules -- one for the guys that have and another for the ones of us they take from. Just let us steal a player like they did from an in state school and see how fast the NCAA steps in like the hand of justice keeping things fair for "just us". I feel you, man, I feel you. :bang:
06-30-2005 11:57 PM
wku_topper Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

WKUTops Wrote:Just wanted to vent a bit before leaving for a weekend getaway tomorrow.  What is this sh*t about Morris possibly returning to u of k?  I mean don't they have a dam rule that addresses this?  What the he77 is that stupid deadline they have a week prior to the draft for?  That freakin amazes me. 

Another thing that amazes me is u of k fans.  First, I said something about them losing players (didn't name anyone specifically) leaving to go to the league (just to get things stirred up, of course; not really knowing).  They all said I was a fool.  None of their players would go; they will win it all next year.  Then, Azabuke (sp?) declares and hires an agent; gone.  Next, this Morris punk declares but doesn't hire an agent.  'Aw, he's just testing the waters.'  'He just wants to see good competition this summer at pre-draft camps.' etc, etc, etc, etc.  Then, as the deadline nears, they all say that he better come back.  He'd be a fool to leave.  He wouldn't get drafted.  u of k needs him.  If he doesn't come back, i'll hate him, etc., etc, etc, etc.  Then, he stays in the draft and they all hate him.  Then, he doesn't get drafted and they all want him back.  I wish all of them sons of b*tches (morris, u of k fans, tubby 'not so clean' smith) would make up their minds.  Play or leave; take him or leave him.  Sheesh! 

Sorry for the language.  I tried to edit the best I could.  Sorry for the rant, too. :mad:
It's actually an NCAA rule that a collegiate player can go through the draft process and if undrafted can return to school by sending written notice to the Athletic Director of that school within 30 days of the end of the draft, provided they have not signed with an agent. This can only be done once and the second time a player declares for the draft he loses all college eligibility. There is a player for St. Joe's that according to Andy Katz is going to take advantage of this rule and return to school upon going undrafted. The deadline to withdrawl from the draft, around a week or so before the draft, that you hear so much about is strictly an NBA deadline. It's in place just so the NBA teams all know who is in the draft and who is not.
07-01-2005 08:35 AM
Big Squirrel Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I think that the way Morris went about his flirtation with the NBA may have rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, especially Tubby. If it were me, and a guy sent me a fax telling me that he was leaving the team to seek the fortune and fame from somewhere else, and wouldn't come talk to me about it, then wanted to come crawling back after he was unable to get there, I would wash my hands of him, personally. He showed no loyalty or respect for the hand that was feeding him, and as soon as everything fell apart around him, he came running back with his tail between his legs. That doesn't fly with me. I don't think it will with the Tubbster either. Anyway, he was about worthless for them last year anyway. 05-nono
07-01-2005 09:47 AM
racerbymarriage Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Doesn't he have to pay $$ for NBA workouts - as in reimbursements? I thought the rule had something to do with that too.

It is clearly obvious that some non-draftees either had huge egos, had folks buzzing in their ears making outrageous claims about their talent/skill level, or just plain got bad advice. I am sure all of these non-drafted college players had their reasons for trying to go early. For the ones with outrageous egos, I'm glad they fell flat on their face. They need to be given a good dose of reality and put in their place. Besides, there is more than enough ego going on in the NBA as it is.
07-01-2005 11:42 PM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators

Ah wonderful, another thread about uk.

:mad:
07-02-2005 08:23 AM
Advertisement

TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

1. We are talking about how there are 2 sets of rules and a firm belief that we would be out of luck it the same situation occurred here.

2. You are keeping this thread alive by commenting. :)
07-02-2005 09:56 AM
NT75
Unregistered

WKUTops Wrote:Just wanted to vent a bit before leaving for a weekend getaway tomorrow. What is this sh*t about Morris possibly returning to u of k? I mean don't they have a dam rule that addresses this? What the he77 is that stupid deadline they have a week prior to the draft for? That freakin amazes me.

Another thing that amazes me is u of k fans. First, I said something about them losing players (didn't name anyone specifically) leaving to go to the league (just to get things stirred up, of course; not really knowing). They all said I was a fool. None of their players would go; they will win it all next year. Then, Azabuke (sp?) declares and hires an agent; gone. Next, this Morris punk declares but doesn't hire an agent. 'Aw, he's just testing the waters.' 'He just wants to see good competition this summer at pre-draft camps.' etc, etc, etc, etc. Then, as the deadline nears, they all say that he better come back. He'd be a fool to leave. He wouldn't get drafted. u of k needs him. If he doesn't come back, i'll hate him, etc., etc, etc, etc. Then, he stays in the draft and they all hate him. Then, he doesn't get drafted and they all want him back. I wish all of them sons of b*tches (morris, u of k fans, tubby 'not so clean' smith) would make up their minds. Play or leave; take him or leave him. Sheesh!

Sorry for the language. I tried to edit the best I could. Sorry for the rant, too. :mad:
Latest rumor I heard was he was coming back to college and was homesick and would thus transfer to Georgia Tech.

In summary...

[Image: pigflys.gif]
07-06-2005 01:02 AM
Quote this message in a reply
trekster Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Surely, If he's been homesick......... The NBA won't solve the homesickness problem playing 9 months out of the year.....

03-puke
07-06-2005 07:34 AM
TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Article in todays CJ says that he is been invited to the Hawks summer league but has not signed with an agent. Article indicates he could still return as of now. :snore:
07-06-2005 08:55 AM
Big Squirrel Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I got to thinking about the EGO comment and one person that fits that the best, who was not drafted and I haven't heard anything about since draft night, is Matt Walsh from Florida.

To me, he was one of the most over-rated, ego-inflated players I've ever seen. He did little to help out his team when it really counted and, unless you count being flashy, couldn't play worth anything. His decision making on the court was horrible, and I, for one, am glad that I won't have to watch him play any more college ball. I hope he finds happiness in a Saudi Pro league, because I don't think he'll catch on here. Maybe he could learn a little humility by being knocked down a notch or two?
07-06-2005 04:02 PM
Advertisement

Beaureguard Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Randoilph Morris signed with the hawks today, so we won't have to hear about how he is going to be the next great big man from UK fans.
07-06-2005 10:27 PM
PrimeRateWKUFan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I'm just wondering why I should give a sh!t. :snore: Thank goodness for a closed community such as HH.
07-07-2005 10:06 AM
rideOrDieTop Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I agree! This is why I love the Haven. I like this board, but I dont' want to come here and read this crap.
07-07-2005 10:39 AM
TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

That is exactly right! All along the way there are very good reasons for both to exist! I go to Haven and read what the "Western" thought is and I also go to the Sunbelt board to find out how they look at stuff. I don't go to other boards because I really don't care what they think. I view this as the "mostly Western with other sports related topics thrown in for flavor" Haven is a closed board go on and play by Hilltopperhaven rules. I think that it is the coolest board out there. This board is for,(in my view and I know its not my board) for those who can't or won't go on Haven but do have something to say to Western fans or about Western.

WKUTops can post about a UK player and I like the fact that in the title to the thread he stated what it was about. Nobody that clicked on the thread thought he was actually going to be commenting on AW or CLee or DHorn. So enjoy all the boards for what they are!

Kinda like I have friends I like to go to sporting events that I don't want to take to a play or some other "high brow" event. Doesn't mean one friend is better than the other only means that each friendship has its proper context.

Thats Truman speech #4! :laugh: :eek: :frown: 03-wink :wave:
07-07-2005 11:41 AM
TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Oh and I love the fact that Morris isn't going to be help for the kitties! :D
07-07-2005 11:42 AM
Advertisement

WKUTops Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

If you don't care, don't open the danged thread. No one forced anyone to open the thread. Geez!

How's this one for you, Ride: WKU is going all the way! 36-0! NCAA Champs! All the way, NCAA!

I'm like Truman, I like to think of this board as a WKU board. However, every now and again, I like to talk sports in general.
07-07-2005 12:06 PM
Big Squirrel Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I view it like this... if you don't like the topic, then don't read it and definitely don't post about it. Believe it or not, some people actually keep up with many facets of sports, including other teams in college basketball. I, personally, try to follow all of the D1 schools in Kentucky, and a couple NAIA schools too. I also follow most of college basketball in general and the NBA. I just love hoops!

Do I think it's wrong to discuss on this board the NBA draft, the draftees (whether they got drafted or not), and the teams from which they came (even if, God forbid, it was at UK)? Absolutely not. It's interesting discussion and gives an opportunity to discuss the going's on in the world outside of WKU with other people that may have more knowledge of it than I do. I'm glad there is HH, because I can talk Western sports solely on there, but I like this board too, because I can cover a wide variety of topics. Also, it's the dead season, and any talk about basketball will keep me going. I don't care if it's directly related to Western or not.
07-07-2005 12:10 PM
wku_topper Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

WKUTops Wrote:If you don't care, don't open the danged thread. No one forced anyone to open the thread. Geez!

How's this one for you, Ride: WKU is going all the way! 36-0! NCAA Champs! All the way, NCAA!

I'm like Truman, I like to think of this board as a WKU board. However, every now and again, I like to talk sports in general.
My thoughts exactly! The topic of this thread was clearly obvious to anyone, if it is a topic of no interest to you then don't open it.

My main priority is WKU sports however I do like talking sports in general be it other state schools, the NBA draft, the NFL, NHL, etc. Any and all of that type discussion is welcome here. I've personally not seen a problem with any of the threads started here thus far as they have all encouraged discussion on the board.

As WKUTops said, No one is forcing anyone to open any of the threads. If anyone has a problem with a certain thread and/or post, feel free to PM me and I will look into the problem(s) that may exist.
07-07-2005 12:33 PM
TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

You know what one of my and others big criticism of UK fans has always been? They aren't really basketball fans, they can talk about UK and how they are the greatest thing on earth but if you mention any other program (other than UK, UNC, and Duke) they just give you a blank stare.

I like the fact that we talk about our and other schools and even other topics as well. It shows that we have more than just one topic on our minds.

Again, I like Haven, been posting on there for years but I also like posting here, because I don't know what some of these folks are gonna say! I can give you an approxiimation of what Gilbert, Murph, Prime, RODT, will say on a topic, (we've been having those conversations long enough to know who is where on most topics). Pretty much the big appeal of this board is that there is an element of the unknown!

Oh and whoever put the 36-0 comment on here, is that you CT?

I keep feeling like I should say this, Haven is great and all of the above is not meant as a criticism of that board.
07-07-2005 01:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.