Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Owens watch, week 8
Bookmark and Share
REALIST Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Crappies

45-14 win over the Cal Poly Cub Scouts. That team was bad. Akron played well.

Some questions on this game would be why is Charlie Frye playing at all in the second half with that lead. Answer - DUMB COACH.

Since the Owens Apologists like to play what if every week, let's start out with WHAT IF the injured knee would have been Frye instead of Rohr?

WHAT IF Bobby Hendry goes down - while playing in the fourth quarter?

WHAT IF is a funny game, but football is pretty simple. Like poker you never show your best cards if you are up in a hand. So why run a Sparks to Frye pass on CAL POLY with a 20+ point lead? Please tell me the positives in this. Frye could get hit trying to catch a pass and not play next week in a MAC game. The Akron brain trusts shows a play against Cal Poly which other teams now see on film and can prep for. The play had not been run this season so now it is not a surprise. Was this run to gain a tactical advantage in a close game - NO. Wasted play for a future week. Way to go Owens.

The way Central Florida is playing the Zips should be 5-3 after next week. After that the cupcake part of the slate is over and the Zips have to play some real teams. Marshall, UConn, a surprising Ohio team and on the road at Central Michigan. Anything less than 7-5 is a HUGE disappointment, especially since these coaches have already blown the KSU game. The record should be 8-4.

Some of you know what I am writing is the truth. Others feel that this team is on the right track after 4 wins over a pair of 1-AA teams and two of the worst MAC teams ever. Buffalo is still winless this season and EMU has one win only.

Nice crowd at the game. Seems like lots of folks chose to watch the Buckeyes on TV rather than come see the sorry game at the bowl. No more than 3K at the game which is a sad testament for Zip football in its current state. :( 04-rock
10-12-2003 08:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ZipDude Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

MMMM, do I detect a kinder and gentler REALIST? Oh my God forbid. He even said the Zips played a good game...wow.

Couple of things, first , dont apply for a job of estimating crowd sizes where such estimates are published. Its ok if you were to estimate the size of crowds say at Dix Stadium (your heaven on earth), but not other venues. Official crowd aize was 8,000+ according to my newspaper.

Second, Cal Poly was a good football team. Well coached and despite their lack of size, they made up for it with speed and quickness. Until the staff figured out how to block them and how to predict and understand their defense, it was a challenge. Our D kinda reminded me of how we played against your football god Joshua Cribbs, giving their qb a career day. Ask yourslef why they they threw the bomb on 4th and one...cause the bomb was the only thing that worked for them.

You failed to point out that Ringer had a great game. His style of picking and weaving melds well with the offense.

Why 42 was playing in the 4th?? Why was the #1 OL playing deep in the fourth...who knows other that to give 42 the work since he was held out after the possible concussion and cleared for play later.

Kudos to LO for giving Gill the nod to take over after 5 was done. Gill has put in 5 years of toil and he deserved it .

No mention by you of Matt Cherry's super game to ignite the team. Both his punt return and pass catch and resulting run afters were "all-world".

Kudos to Billy S and his kick offs and punts.

Now as to your question about the Sparks pass to Frye, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Was this a Winters call or LO? I dont know but I assume you do and say its LO's since you accused him of whatever. The play is a good one but last night, ok, but throw it to anyone ...anyone other than 5.

Finally, you seems to BLAME LO for the Rohr injury. Is this true?? If so please explain.

Well if you come back here soon after your period of mourning over your beloved
Flashes loss, please answer my questions.

:) :D :chair:
10-12-2003 12:18 PM
REALIST Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Crappies

You are such an ******. I never wrote anything about blaming Owens for Rohr's injury. The statement was what if Frye had been the one hurt.

It was a win. I think its funny how everyone jumps up from the apologist crowd and yells I told you so. I am consistent from week to week. Your crowd and these Akron coaches are just weak.

If I were a Kent fan why would I want Owens gone? KSU finally caught up with Akron this year and should be on par for years to come. The last thing a KSU fan would want is for Akron U to get a new coach who may be able to recruit and bring in better than marginal Ohio talent and beat 1-AA teams and the scum of 1-A by wide margins.

This team should be 5-2 right now but instead they are 4-3. A win over UCF gets them back on track to a possible winning season at 7-5 but the last half of the season is packed with teams who are better than Akron. This team will not win at Marshall or UConn and will struggle at CMU and at home against Ohio. 6-6 is my prediction and that is a disappointment with all of the talent that is on the field.
10-12-2003 03:30 PM
Advertisement

ZipDude Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Realist, sweetie, your rants without substance are all about LO and why everything is his fault. Why shouldnt I take from your rant this am that Jay's injury was his fault.

But what if YOU (notice upper case) are correct . All hail to REALIST, HE HAS PREDICTED THE BALANCE OF THE SEASON. Hell, lets just forfeit the rest of the fu__ing games. You are the all knowing, I am sure the boys are tired and the coaches are ready for vacation (heavy recruting season). Hell its over.

You are such an ass___e. :chair:
10-12-2003 05:51 PM
ZipDude Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

[QUOTE]I think its funny how everyone jumps up from the apologist crowd and yells I told you so. I am consistent from week to week. Your crowd and these Akron coaches are just weak.

Who is everyone?

Who/what is the apologist crowd?

:rofl:
10-12-2003 05:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.