9.BSU - 15,995 (9)
------------------------------
10.AKR - 14,753 (10)
11.CMU - 13,683 (11)
12.EMU - 12,291 (12)
13.KSU - 11,216 (13)
14.UB - 9,414 (14)
11-09-2003 12:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Herdon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

enough said, lousy support for a lousy conference. :D
11-09-2003 03:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Schadenfreude Online
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Herdon Wrote:enough said, lousy support for a lousy conference. :D
Did you see that the Ohio-Kent State game outdrew Cincinnati's game?

Talk about lousy support all you want. Cincinnati has been to bowl games several years in a row, and it remains in the mix this year. Ohio flat out sucks -- and they still drew more than Cincinnati.
11-09-2003 03:26 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Schadenfreude Wrote:

Talk about lousy support all you want. Cincinnati has been to bowl games several years in a row, and it remains in the mix this year. Ohio flat out sucks -- and they still drew more than Cincinnati.
and? They're heading to the BE. Talk to them.
11-09-2003 04:43 PM
Karl Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs

Man, you're lame. Have you got NOTHING else in that head of yours? Apparently I'm as lame as you are though...I keep opening your posts HOPING to find something worth reading. Could you maybe do me a favor? Post exclusively to the Smack Board, since that's all you're about.
11-09-2003 05:28 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU

The Knight Time Wrote:
Schadenfreude Wrote:

and? They're heading to the BE. Talk to them.
All of 10K went to watch the game at Rice yesterday. And this is a campus situated in a very large city with a warm climate, no less.

They're heading to CUSA. Someone should have a few words with them.
11-09-2003 05:35 PM
Advertisement

Herdon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Loser, if you want to read something worth reading, try the Washington Times, other wise give me a break, what do you expect to find here, the truth. :eek:

You and the rest of the losers that come to this board for enlightnement, well, get a life, beacuse yours must suck.
11-09-2003 05:35 PM
OVERHERD Offline
Damphair

I Root For: The Greyjoys

Quote:4.EMU - 5,150

No freaking way. 1K, tops from the look on TV.

I don't want to get into a your attedance sux thread, but that one is wayyyyyy out of line.
11-09-2003 05:45 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

OH, HuronDave mentioned elsewhere that the TV broadcasting tends to cover the field in such that it shows the visitors' side, in which there is the band and a smattering of opposing fans. The student/home side was a bit more "filled" (to use the term loosely). I can attest to this fact since I was at the WMU @ EMU game. One side definitely had more than the other. Still, though, yesterday's crowd was horrid regardless if it was 1K or 5K (not that we put up great numbers either).

As for WMU...

I knew going into the game we'd have a poor turnout at Waldo. Our last three home games - Virginia, BGSU, and Marshall - were disasters. Not exactly a selling point. And I hate to trot out the weather excuse, but there's also that record cold that's been entrenched over the region the past few days. I fully expected 10K, tops.

With a win (we'll take 'em where we can get 'em) and CMU coming to town next week, we should see a better turnout at the gate. Probably not mid-to-high 20s like the good ol' days, since both teams have been struggling for a while now. But better nonetheless.
11-09-2003 05:55 PM
Karl Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs

Herdon Wrote:Loser, if you want to read something worth reading, try the Washington Times, other wise give me a break, what do you expect to find here, the truth. :eek:

You and the rest of the losers that come to this board for enlightnement, well, get a life, beacuse yours must suck.
That's rich! I'm the loser because I ask for a shred of what would pass for an intelligent post out of you once in a great while. It would be one thing if I could just ignore ALL of your posts, but unfortunately, that's not a viable option, as they're often right in the middle of the adults' discussions. Guess I'll keep sifting through the kitty litter of your posts and keep my chin up. :chair:
11-09-2003 05:57 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

When will this end? How are MAC fans ripping on CUSA teams' attendance? The MAC is the only conference you will find 500 fans at games on a regular basis. 5 teams are way below the required 15K to be D1 in the future, and thats WITH the inflated attendance, and OU and BSU are barely above it. While this conference pissing is stupid, and I'd love to see it stop, I just don't understand how any MAC fan can begin ripping on another conference's attendance, or team.
11-09-2003 06:07 PM
Advertisement

Schadenfreude Online
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

The Knight Time Wrote:When will this end? How are MAC fans ripping on CUSA teams' attendance?
Because Confederate USA types are ripping on ours.
11-09-2003 06:08 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

KT, going through the threads, it's usually a "MAC rip" that begins it. Why not reply that some schools on that greener pasture are having the same problems?

For a few years now, it seems that every MAC criticism has been immedately followed by how wonderful CUSA is. I personally don't have any problems with that conference. They are non-BCS squads just like we are. But if a poster is going to claim that ditching the MAC will solve all attendance problems, any reasonable debater will present Rice, UAB, Cincy, etc, as evidence to the contrary.

And this "inflation" business is not even part of the conversation unless there is solid proof that the MAC inflates figures and/or CUSA honestly counts every butt in the seat. As of now it's just speculation that, if repeated enough times, tends to take on a life of its own.
11-09-2003 06:13 PM
John52168 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army

Crappies

Karl Wrote:
Herdon Wrote:Loser, if you want to read something worth reading, try the Washington Times, other wise give me a break, what do you expect to find here, the truth. :eek:

That's rich! I'm the loser because I ask for a shred of what would pass for an intelligent post out of you once in a great while. It would be one thing if I could just ignore ALL of your posts, but unfortunately, that's not a viable option, as they're often right in the middle of the adults' discussions. Guess I'll keep sifting through the kitty litter of your posts and keep my chin up. :chair:
Karl,

What I find funny is he calls the people that visit this board losers but yet he continues to visit this board.

Who's the loser?

herdon,

What was the attendance like in Huntington back in the late 70's to early 80's when Marshall was lucky to win a game or two a season?

Fact is, when your team is entrenched in a couple of losing seasons, fans will not come out because they don't want to see their team lose. They want to spend money on winners, not losers.
11-09-2003 06:35 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Schadenfreude Wrote:
The Knight Time Wrote:When will this end?  How are MAC fans ripping on CUSA teams' attendance?
Because Confederate USA types are ripping on ours.
It's a herd fan. What do you expect? They rip on everything, including their own mothers.
11-09-2003 06:41 PM
OVERHERD Offline
Damphair

I Root For: The Greyjoys

Motown Bronco Wrote:OH, HuronDave mentioned elsewhere that the TV broadcasting tends to cover the field in such that it shows the visitors' side, in which there is the band and a smattering of opposing fans. The student/home side was a bit more "filled" (to use the term loosely). I can attest to this fact since I was at the WMU @ EMU game. One side definitely had more than the other. Still, though, yesterday's crowd was horrid regardless if it was 1K or 5K (not that we put up great numbers either).
I can buy that especially since UCF (the visiting side) would probably have brought few with the season and the weather. BTW, didn't mean to sound like the brethren there for a minute.
11-09-2003 07:08 PM
Advertisement

Herdon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Your right I am a loser :D
11-09-2003 11:34 PM
Flipper Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Neither the MAC nor the NCAA will decide if EMU stays 1A in football. That decision is entirely up to EMU and its' students, fans and alumni. Having listened to so many people decry BG as a 1AA program in waiting back in 2000, I am loathe to do the same to another program. I know EMU hasn't had a winning season in years, but they did manage to draw a few thousand to watch a god awful UCF team on a very blustery afternoon. On balance, I'd say they did well.

Hire the right coach, generate a little enthusiasm and you may have something. It's not like there's a precedent for fans not showing up to see good EMU football. Who knows how many fans a good team will draw... 03-wink
11-09-2003 11:47 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Flipper, you're an idiot. First off, why don't you drop the stupid ****** UCF comments. I know you guys are obsessed with us, but for God's sake get something better to focus on, like BG not getting shown up on national tv? Secondly, the fact that you said they "did pretty well" referring to the 300 fans for the EMU game shows you're completely stupid. A D1A team draws 300 fans and that's doing well? I now know that you're completely insane, and I won't even bother taking note of your idiotic posts.
11-10-2003 02:07 AM
Rockets1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo

Dont come back this time please :wave:
11-10-2003 05:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.