Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Idiot alert
Bookmark and Share
BobCobb Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Forgive me if this was already posted, but this Bob Pruett comment certainly shows he's taking a blow tortch to whatever bridges he's leaving in the MAC.

On still getting a bowl bid: "The thing of it is, they're going to be looking for someone that will bring some people with them. We're the only ones in this conference that will do that."

<a href='http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1664633' target='_blank'>http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1664633</a>

Screw you, Bob. The few minutes a game that you wear a headset only makes you look like a bigger raving lunatic than you already are. You're a less successfull, hillbilly version of Joe Paterno.
11-20-2003 11:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

wsherdfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: The HERD!!

I sense some frustration on your part, Bob. What is untruthful about the statement?? Now, we're not talking about fans driving an hour up the road to get to Ford field. We're talking about (specifically) the
Ft Worth Bowl. Tell me how many Huskie/Rocket/BGSU fans are going to drive/fly to Texas for a football game 2 days before Christmas??
Marshall had 2000 - 2500 fans in attendance last nite for a mid-week game that had no bearing on the conference race. Who do YOU think will put butts in the seats (especially going south to Texas) - Marshall
or any of the MAC West teams I mentioned. Just curious.

Go HERD!!!
11-20-2003 12:35 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Obsession anyone?
Marshall,Marshall,Marshall.......
:rofl:
11-20-2003 12:48 PM
Quote this message in a reply
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Keep saying "Marshall, Marshall, Marshall" and your dreams will come true HerdFan!

[Image: 0001.jpg]
11-20-2003 12:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

:rofl:

Scary,how did you know I was dreaming of Toledo fans in Marshall clothing.

Marshall,Marshall,Marshall
11-20-2003 01:02 PM
Advertisement

Falcon Frenzy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

wsherdfan Wrote:I sense some frustration on your part, Bob.&nbsp; What is untruthful about the statement??&nbsp; Now, we're not talking about fans driving an hour up the road to get to Ford field.&nbsp; We're talking about (specifically) the
Ft Worth Bowl. Tell me how many Huskie/Rocket/BGSU fans are going to drive/fly to Texas for a football game 2 days before Christmas??
Marshall had 2000 - 2500 fans in attendance last nite for a mid-week game that had no bearing on the conference race.&nbsp; Who do YOU think will put butts in the seats (especially going south to Texas) - Marshall
or any of the MAC West teams I mentioned.&nbsp; Just curious.

Go HERD!!!
Curious where you get your info on how many Marshall fans were at the game. Were you standing at the entrance with a clicker as Marshall fans went through the turnstile?

The way I see it is Marshall is 5th in line for a bowl game. The MAC will be lucky if they get 3 bowl bids. I don't see how Marshall can get a bowl bid over a Miami team who killed Marshall, and will more than likely finish the regular season at 11-1, no worse than 11-2 after the MACC. Northern Illinois who beat 3 BCS teams in their first 4 games of the season and should finish the regular season at 10-2, Toledo and BG both have beaten ranked opponents and the winner between the two teams in a lil over a week will get the MCB bid. Toledo should finish no worse than 8-4 and they too beat Marshall at Marshall. BG should finish no lower than 9-3, still a better record than Marshall. (But this could all look differently after this weekend).

I think with how competitive the MAC has been this year, Marshall shot themselves in the foot with the loss to Troy State. If they had beaten them, and with the win over Kansas State, and with a close game against Tennessee I would probably think differently.
11-20-2003 02:33 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

[QUOTE]I think with how competitive the MAC has been this year, Marshall shot themselves in the foot with the loss to Troy State. If they had beaten them, and with the win over Kansas State, and with a close game against Tennessee I would probably think differently

Nice post I totally agree :)

Marshall fans do travel well however the poor performance on TV last night didn't help the bowl chances either 03-banghead
I think any Marshall fan would agree we will take are 8-4 season and look foward till next season.
11-20-2003 02:44 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Marshall fans lying about lies. Funny stuff.
11-20-2003 03:10 PM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

Didn't Miami finish 11-1, or 10-1 or something like that...then have to sit home and watch while UNC (Who Miami beat that year) finished 6-5 and went Bowling?

Strange things happen.
11-20-2003 05:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Strange things do, indeed, happen. Which is exactly why you won't hear me saying that Marshall will be sitting home this post-season. I believe that they SHOULD sit home, but...
11-20-2003 07:40 PM
herdon1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

No bowling for Mug this year. Oh well, even the yankees lose once and a while 04-rock
11-24-2003 07:44 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

:rolleyes: Haven't the Yankees lost a couple of years in a row now? 03-lol
11-24-2003 08:36 PM
herdon1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Yea, and my Orioles still are no where to be seen 03-banghead

But I would equate their 36 world championships to the Herds 5 MACC :eek:

We win the most and everyone hates us 03-lol
11-25-2003 04:31 AM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Amend that to "The Hurd cheat the most and MAC fans hate that" and you would be much more accurate.
11-25-2003 05:43 AM
Karl Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs

herdon1 Wrote:No bowling for Mug this year. Oh well, even the yankees lose once and a while 04-rock
Did somebody say BOWLING?
11-25-2003 07:04 AM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

herdon1 Wrote:But I would equate their 36 world championships to the Herds 5 MACC :eek:

Umm, the MAC didn't start in 1997. Miami has 13 MACC's. BG has 10 MACC's. Toledo has 9 MACC's. Marshall only has 5 MACC's.
11-25-2003 09:08 AM
Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

rocketfootball Wrote:
herdon1 Wrote:But I would equate their 36 world championships to the Herds 5 MACC :eek:

Umm, the MAC didn't start in 1997. Miami has 13 MACC's. BG has 10 MACC's. Toledo has 9 MACC's. Marshall only has 5 MACC's.
rf,

Since when have Herd fans ever thought the MAC started prior to '97?
11-25-2003 10:32 AM
Advertisement

rocketfootball Offline
Legend

:rolleyes: I know, but they should know this. After all, Marshall was in the MAC before and they were very good at sucking it up back then. 03-lol
11-25-2003 10:37 AM
herdon1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Goffball you mean all 50 MAC fans :D Nice attendance in this powerhouse of a league.

Regarding the mighty mac and its history 03-lol 03-lol Guys we made this conference into what it is, if it was so great, why did all of those big time coaches leave.

Back in the 60's Marshall didn't have the same level of committment, but you guys so. Thats why we are moving on and you guys are staying put.Enjoy the bush leagues, you and your 50 fans :D
11-26-2003 06:21 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Your logic is only rivaled by your grammar and spelling.
11-26-2003 08:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.