Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Don't Let the Door Hit You...
Bookmark and Share
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State

Comments from Laing Kennedy, Kent's AD, on conference realignment, the MAC and the defections of Marshall and Central Florida. Not that he's miffed or anything... 03-wink (Bold is my emphasis, not his)

[quote]Welcome to
12-12-2003 03:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I disagee with him about the games affecting the standings, however, no way should either school be allowed to represent the conference.
12-12-2003 03:35 PM
Quote this message in a reply
KingBob Offline
Hard Core

I Root For: TD's wit a shot

Crappies

I will say this one more time and for the third time... in three -five years... except for the big ten, MAC, maybe (ACC and SEC)... all of the other conferences will have dissovled and reformed NEW conferences with new alliances... which will have been due to the NCAA new rules for div 1a membership... and only 75 teams in div 1a
12-12-2003 03:36 PM
KingBob Offline
Hard Core

Crappies

Oddball, i agree with you... they are still a members... they should affect conf. play... however weren't you the one who came up with the idea that they should not be allowed in the MACC? is he reading this bb?
12-12-2003 03:40 PM
MacLord Offline
All American

I Root For:

That's pretty cool that he would write a column like that. Just to keep in touch with the fanfolk.

As to what he said, I disagree, but not out of any love for the frightened, fleeing teams. The MAC needs to make sure all games have meaning, to give fans more reason to come out to the stadium. I want Marshall and UCF to have one more season of failing to win the MAC, not because they were not allowed to win it, but because they got beat like drums on the field.
12-12-2003 03:42 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Are we supposed to listen to a Kent AD? Are we supposed to listen to a guy that can't get more than 8000 fans in the stands? This guy is a complete moron. Yea, let UCF and MArshall compete in conference games, but if they qualify...they can't play in the MACC. God, give me a break.

Kent= :john:
12-12-2003 03:44 PM
Advertisement

Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

UCF's football graduation rate= :john:

Resume O' Leary= :john:
12-12-2003 03:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Ohio University as a whole= :john:

BTW- enjoy having Knorr around, we'll enjoy having O'Leary. Moron.
12-12-2003 03:50 PM
cnsaguy Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

The Knight Time Wrote:Ohio University as a whole= :john:

BTW- enjoy having Knorr around, we'll enjoy having O'Leary. Moron.
It's a shame you can't ID for computers.... 03-banghead

I agree that UCF or Marshall shouldn't represent the conference. It would do disrespect to the MAC to do that.
12-12-2003 03:55 PM
MacLord Offline
All American

I Root For:

Didn't Knorr's squad shut the Knights down this year?
12-12-2003 03:56 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Well hopefully we'll be out of this crap hole in 2004 anyway, and you won't have to worry about it.

CUSA can't come soon enough.
12-12-2003 03:57 PM
Advertisement

KingBob Offline
Hard Core

Crappies

UCF people, I know you can't wait to get out of the MAC and into the C-USA... you are moving to a conf. bad enough where you and marshall can actually have a chance of winning... :rofl: :rofl:

I just think it is funny how you complain about a conf you have had no chance in winning the championship...
12-12-2003 04:05 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall

The Knight Time Wrote:Well hopefully we'll be out of this crap hole in 2004 anyway, and you won't have to worry about it.

Amen Knight Time, I'm sure if the MAC is willing to give up the $400K exit fee that Marshall and UCF would go it as Independents in 2004 if given enough notice. But if we are paying annual fees and the exit fee we are members entitled to full membership privledges.

If the MAC can't schedule teams to ensure that Marshall and/or UCF couldn't win the MAC East that's their problem.

To those in the MAC who don't like it. :arse: :tomato: :la:
12-12-2003 04:06 PM
KingBob Offline
Hard Core

Crappies

turds and tin plate heads... i don't think you have to worry about representing the MAC next year... especially, UCF... the gesture would only be symbolic... it seems, Marshall hasn't been doing anything but sliding to the top of the MAC bottom feeders... :wave:
12-12-2003 04:10 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:
The Knight Time Wrote:Well hopefully we'll be out of this crap hole in 2004 anyway, and you won't have to worry about it.

Amen Knight Time, I'm sure if the MAC is willing to give up the $400K exit fee that Marshall and UCF would go it as Independents in 2004 if given enough notice. But if we are paying annual fees and the exit fee we are members entitled to full membership privledges.

If the MAC can't schedule teams to ensure that Marshall and/or UCF couldn't win the MAC East that's their problem.

To those in the MAC who don't like it. :arse: :tomato: :la:
There is precedent for this sort of thing, including FAMU leaving their conference and Div IAA, after this year.

However, what I find amusing is the response of MUg and UCF fans...neither you nor your program have a whole lot of room to negotiate.

I'm not sure where I stand on this particular issue. I see the points on both sides.

BUT what I would like to see is Chryst follow the Olympic model (and others) and simply void the football championships that Marshall had when they were cheating. I would love to see the fan reaction and turnout to that announcement.
12-12-2003 04:10 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Just ask NIU if they enjoy playing in the MAC.
12-12-2003 04:11 PM
Advertisement

KingBob Offline
Hard Core

Crappies

Dr. Torch... when didn't they cheat? however, i am sure Chryst was part of it...
12-12-2003 04:13 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

DrTorch Wrote:BUT what I would like to see is Chryst follow the Olympic model (and others) and simply void the football championships that Marshall had when they were cheating. I would love to see the fan reaction and turnout to that announcement.
That should have been done long ago.
12-12-2003 04:13 PM
Quote this message in a reply
KingBob Offline
Hard Core

Crappies

The remaining MACsters are happy... now that we have gotten rid of some dead weight... :rofl: :rofl:
12-12-2003 04:15 PM
Chris from WV Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Chances are, Marshall will win the East (and the MACC) in 2004. Just like many years before, the MAC will receive $$$ from Marshall's successes.

Just a quick thought. :rolleyes:
12-12-2003 04:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.