Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MUg in CUSA 04, BCS to add Championship game
Bookmark and Share
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

<a href='http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/columns/barnhart/index.html' target='_blank'>http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/c...hart/index.html</a>
12-17-2003 02:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Papa Lou BSU Offline
1st String

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Funny, that article did not mention Marshall.

(I know, the progression is logically assumed, but below is all that was in the article...)

Quote:The idea that Boston College could get into the ACC for the 2004 football season is not dead yet. We heard in New York there is some movement in Conference USA that would allow Louisville, Cincinnati, DePaul and Marquette to join the Big East in 2004. Originally, C-USA said it would not happen. If those teams can get into the Big East for next fall, that conference will let BC go to the ACC. Stay tuned.
12-17-2003 03:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

Papa Lou BSU Wrote:Funny, that article did not mention Marshall.
That is odd, given their large southern fan base. :angel:
12-17-2003 03:12 PM
Stick4489 Offline
Gaseous Clay

I Root For: The Herd

CrappiesCrappies

DrTorch Wrote:
Papa Lou BSU Wrote:Funny, that article did not mention Marshall.
That is odd, given their large southern fan base. :angel:
You can't swing a dead cat in the Dirty South without hitting a Herd fan.

03-razz

[Image: sonny1.jpg]
12-17-2003 03:38 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I knew dead cats were good for something.
12-17-2003 03:43 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Papa Lou BSU Offline
1st String

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Quote:You can't swing a dead cat in the Dirty South without hitting a Herd fan.

That's funny, because I'm in Atlanta several times per year and I have never seen one Herd fan anywhere. Not one hat, one sweatshirt, one car sticker, nothin.' More Huntington exaggerations?

I have seen Miami, Ohio and BSU represented in that area, though...
12-17-2003 04:08 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

Papa Lou BSU Wrote:

That's funny, because I'm in Atlanta several times per year and I have never seen one Herd fan anywhere. Not one hat, one sweatshirt, one car sticker, nothin.' More Huntington exaggerations?

I see plenty of them around here, but I'm in the east. I still wonder how folks are going to like the idea of Hattiesburg, etc.

BTW, saw a MUO license plate this morning. DG, did you drive to work today?
12-17-2003 04:24 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall

Papa Lou BSU Wrote:

You have to wear a Marshall hat , or sweatshirt to be a Herd fan, or put a bumbersticker on your car? I am a herd fan I don't wear hats PERIOD, my company's policy is only corporate logo shirts can be worn at work. Not displaying Herd Logo's means you aren't a Herd fan, More Bottom Dweller Rhetoric. :D

I have a co-worker that's a Miami grad. I asked which college team he supports, answer: OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY. He didn't even know Miami was in a bowl game till I told him.
12-17-2003 04:38 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

This interests me:

[code:1]Oklahoma Coach Bob Stoops used to be one of the biggest playoff advocates around. No more.

"I've changed my mind," said Stoops. "I've decided after looking at my guys for few years that they can't take the pounding of playing 15 or 16 games. It's not fair to them. So I'm sticking with the bowls."[/code:1]

OK, so it is OK for Oklahoma to play 14 games like they will this season, but 1 or 2 more games is just too much of a pounding? Cut the season down to 10 or 11 games and do a playoff! You will only have to worry about playing that extra game if you make it to the Championship Game.....which I would think would be worth it!
12-17-2003 04:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Papa Lou BSU Wrote:

Hey TorchHead, I live in Lafayette LA

And theres 2 Sports bars down here that have nothing but Marshall Green in them

1 has everything from Carl Lee To Bryon Leftwich jerseys in them

1 Is decked out in Marshall gear from wall to wall

From Huntington to Lafayette is 1002 miles

And 1 of the owners of the bars I wont say which 1 is a Wistern Mich. Grad.
12-17-2003 04:48 PM
TJRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

Crappies

THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:I am a herd fan I don't wear hats PERIOD, my company's policy is only corporate logo shirts can be worn at work.

I have a co-worker that's a Miami grad. I asked which college team he supports, answer: OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY. He didn't even know Miami was in a bowl game till I told him.
That corporate logo wouldn't happen to be the golden arches would it??? :rofl:
12-17-2003 04:51 PM
Advertisement

IULurker Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Interesting how it is C-usa dragging their feet by not letting the exiting schools leave for next year. I will now give you a multiple choice question - can you correctly identify the reason for this lack of excitement for "getting things moving"?
a)Loss of basketball units
b)Loss of basketball units
c)Loss of basketball units
d)Loss of basketball units

See if you can pick the correct answer. 03-lol
12-17-2003 04:54 PM
Papa Lou BSU Offline
1st String

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Quote:i have a co-worker that's a Miami grad. I asked which college team he supports, answer: OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY. He didn't even know Miami was in a bowl game till I told him.

And I once worked with a Marshall grad whose cubicle was covered in WVU swag... your point is?
12-17-2003 05:20 PM
Queen Amidala Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

Quote:I have a co-worker that's a Miami grad. I asked which college team he supports, answer: OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY. He didn't even know Miami was in a bowl game till I told him.

That's funny, I have a friend who went to OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY who not only asked to be reminded who BG's and MIAMI's respective bowl opponents are, but told me that the Toledo v. BG game was awesome, and lives no where near Toledo, BG or Miami.

This is the same person who at the beginning of the season said the MAC was not a "real conference". The Conference gained tremendous respect this year when it was discovered it wasn't a one-trick-win-a-"champsonship"-only-in-its-own-stadium-pony.
12-17-2003 05:36 PM
herdon1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Just to remind you guys, THE MAC SUCKS :D
12-17-2003 07:20 PM
blevins Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Queen A- That "one trick in your own stadium" champion is Toledo. Marshall is a 5 trick champion. Explain to me about all of the championships Toledo has won away from home. Only Miami has been able to win on the road in the MACC. Seems to me that constant whinning about Toledo losing the MACC on the road = CONSISTENT LOSING.
12-17-2003 07:30 PM
Advertisement

Flipper Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Save some room in your equation for "consistent cheating"...
12-17-2003 09:08 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

blevins Wrote:Queen A- That "one trick in your own stadium" champion is Toledo. Marshall is a 5 trick champion. Explain to me about all of the championships Toledo has won away from home. Only Miami has been able to win on the road in the MACC. Seems to me that constant whinning about Toledo losing the MACC on the road = CONSISTENT LOSING.
We own Marshall. You can't even beat Toledo by cheating anymore. Good thing you get the likes of Rice from here on out. 03-nutkick

How do you root for such a classless, renegade cheating program, btw? Most folks would feel sick all of the time if they knew that their alma mater was so scummy.
12-17-2003 09:22 PM
Quote this message in a reply
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

blevins Wrote:Queen A- That "one trick in your own stadium" champion is Toledo. Marshall is a 5 trick champion. Explain to me about all of the championships Toledo has won away from home. Only Miami has been able to win on the road in the MACC. Seems to me that constant whinning about Toledo losing the MACC on the road = CONSISTENT LOSING.
The MAC was around before 1997 you know. Toledo won 8 MAC Championships by winning their conference games, home and away.

4 of those 8 seasons Toledo went undefeated.....not just in the conference, but in all games including 4 bowl victories:

1969 11-0
1970 12-0
1971 12-0
1995 11-0-1
12-17-2003 09:35 PM
OVERHERD Offline
Damphair

I Root For: The Greyjoys

Oddball Wrote:I knew dead cats were good for something.

If they are good for anything that would make them good for one thing more than live cats. 03-lol
12-17-2003 09:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.