Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sucky football under dome.
Bookmark and Share
gasoutherneagle Offline
2nd String

I Root For: REALLY?!?!

When GSU first joined the conference, ETSU was a power. What the hell happened. If Wofford can build a program from scratch, surely you can REBUILD yours. 03-puke
01-14-2003 07:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Catamount Cooter Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I certainly don't have any room to talk when it comes to being a football power, but there's NO WAY ETSU was 27-7 better than us last year! Payback is coming to the mini-dome this season!! GO CATS!!
01-14-2003 07:37 PM
BigGuy Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

What about that basketball team. Let's talk about that since it is beasketball season. OOOh, did I hit a touchy subject? Sorry, didn't mean to hit you so low.
01-21-2003 12:05 PM
Advertisement

techfan4 Offline
One of the First

I Root For: Georgia Tech

SkunkworksCrappies

Welcome BigGuy 04-cheers 04-drinky :wave: :)
01-21-2003 03:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ETSUSigEp99 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

our football program is an extremely sore topic in my opinion. in '96 we had it going in the right direction. we finished 2nd in the conference and advanced to the second round of the playoffs. we havn't done ****** since. why?? one reason...coach hamilton.
sure, in '97 we went on the road and absolutely pounded both app and furman...both top 25 teams, and found ourselves in the top 10, but then dissappeared. we had gsu at home and hamilton couldn't get the kids ready to play. a quarterback controversy arised between wells and chadwell, and we found ourself finishing 3rd and out of the playoffs after a homecoming loss to the citadel. that was the last "positive" season in my mind.
sure, we've beaten furman, and we upset gsu the last couple years, but have we really been a factor in the socon since '97?? we haven't beaten app since that '97 pounding. we couldn't even beat chattanooga or the citadel last year...but we dropped a 20 point ****** kicking on western, and good luck getting your revenge next season in the oil drum.
every year we hear coach hamilton tell us how pleased he is with the recruiting class and how this "may be the best bunch of kids to come to johnson city since i've been at east tennessee state", but where is the production on the field?? we've had some 1-a and juco transfers that have played well for us, but is that how you build a program?? south carolina may think so, but look where they are now??
hamilton has provided us with a decent defense, but when you have an offense with no pulse, quarterbacks that can't throw, and an o-line that can't create holes for your running backs with d-2 talent to find their way through, it really doesn't matter that you've had cecil moore on your squad for 4 years. all this courtesy from an offense minded coach. until hamilton takes a hike, we're a 4-4 team in the socon. we'll upset someone everyone year, but in my opinion we won't be competitors with himn on our sidelines. his going to coastal last seaosn would've been the best thing for us.
i'm not real sure where the administration is on the situation, but with our financial situation, i'm not sure if they plan on buying him out or not. i am pretty confident his contract is up after nect seaosn, and it is quite obvious that he hasn't earned an extension. worse case scenario, the raw deal is in effect for one more season. :mad:
01-21-2003 09:47 PM
Advertisement

BigGuy Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Well thank you techfan4. 04-cheers
01-21-2003 10:19 PM
Phoenix Rising Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

A late welcome to you and ETSUSigEp99.
01-22-2003 01:34 AM
Advertisement

Catamount Cooter Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Looking forward to the "revenge" game. Seriously though, I told my father leaving Whitmire Stadium that night, that if you guys could've beaten ASU the next week, that you'd win the conference. Alas, after your 26-7 loss to Citadel, I began to feel sick knowing we'd lost to you the way we had. (No flame intended) What I want to know is did anything negative happen to Jatavis Sanders, because he sure as heck was ON the night we played you guys? Just curious. GO CATS!!

<!--EDIT|Catamount Cooter|Jan 22 2003, 12:03 PM-->
01-22-2003 06:55 AM
Phoenix Rising Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Quote: What I want to know is did anything negative happen to Jatavis Sanders, because he sure as heck was ON the night we played you guys? Just curious. GO CATS!!

Is that the same Jatavis Sanders that was at NC State a couple years ago?
01-22-2003 03:14 PM
Advertisement

Catamount Cooter Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

That's the same one. He left due to Philip Rivers. GO CATS!!
01-22-2003 03:32 PM
ETSUSigEp99 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

After we beat you guys the way we did on the road, I think a lot of Buc fans and alumni were excited about the possibilities...The excitement was short lived.
What happened to Jatavis?? I wouldn't really say anything happened to him. He was the same player. The problem he was faced with was a swiss cheese offensive line, no real running game (other than a Scott Carter fullback dive) and no development of a complimentary receiver to Cecil Moore. Sanders found himself running for his life, forcing throws to avoid sacks, getting sacked, trying to squeeze the ball into double andd triple coverages to get Moore his touches etc. Hamilton then reduced the number of plays in the offense, hoping the O-line could develop with fewer assignments and plays to execute, and the whole season went south. Its unfortunate for Sanders, as he could've been a good player in the SoCon if he had the personel around him. We have a lot of questions to answer or we're in for another long season.
01-22-2003 06:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.