Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CFN on Bruce Gradkowski
Bookmark and Share
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

CFN has a Bruce Gradkowski profile up today:

<a href='http://collegefootballnews.com/2004/Players/Toledo_BruceGradkowski.htm' target='_blank'>http://collegefootballnews.com/2004/Player...eGradkowski.htm</a>
05-27-2004 07:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

They could have been more clear that he's 0-1 vs Bowling Green.
05-27-2004 08:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

DrTorch Wrote:They could have been more clear that he's 0-1 vs Bowling Green.
Throw the dog a bone. :snore:
05-27-2004 08:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!

They forgot to change the heading for the one paragraph after the story on Burns from Kentucky and Phillip Rivers lead the nation in completion percentage last year, but about what I expected.

However, they should have done the story about Nick Kaczur anyhow...he could end up being the best OL the MAC has ever produced!
05-27-2004 08:24 AM
owen Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ham sandwich

Frequently I read Gradkowski doesn't have a canon for an arm.
It seems to me he has great arm strength.
I will have to watch him more carefully now to discern what the pundits are talking about.
Maybe all I see is the pefect spiral, deadly accuracy, tremendous timing with his receivers and superb touch Gradkowski has and have overlooked that he has a weak arm.
Better review the film!
05-27-2004 09:56 AM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

Not sure about his arm strength myself, but let me just say that Chad Pennington doesn't have great arm strenght yet he is very accurate and making a nice living in the NFL.
05-27-2004 10:32 AM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

Plain and simple folks...UT does not throw the ball down field enough so he does not have a showcase for his arm. The only down field pass I saw him throw last year (save it, I know he surely had others) was that long pass near the end of the game against BG but that was a fluttering dying quail that luckily found the receiver.

Until the offensive scheme changes this will always be the knock on him. Any college QB can throw a 15 yard bubble screen to a wide open receiver at the line of scrimmage. Just look at the last three rocket QB's...they all had very high completion percentages.
05-27-2004 10:40 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Yeah, Tom, your one example proves your point. :rolleyes:

He has more arm strength than Harris ever had.
05-27-2004 12:16 PM
Quote this message in a reply
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

Redwingtom Wrote:Any college QB can throw a 15 yard bubble screen to a wide open receiver at the line of scrimmage. Just look at the last three rocket QB's...they all had very high completion percentages.
Speaking of Toledo's last few QB's.......

QB Brian Jones was named AF2 player of the week after going 22 of 27 for 298 yards and 6 TD's with no interceptions. He has a 60.2 completion percentage for the season.

QB Chris Wallace is 4th in the AF2 in QB rating and has thrown 28 TD's with just 5 INT's. He has completed 61.7% of his passes this season.

Tavares Bolden is playing in the CFL and has been the #2 QB for Montreal so there really aren't any stats for him. However, it is funny how Jones and Wallace are on different teams with different systems than Toledo's yet they still have very good completion percentages and are playing very well.

Wait.....it isn't funny, it just means that they actually are good QB's despite the fact that most BG fans don't think so. 03-lol
05-27-2004 12:36 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

Oddball Wrote:Yeah, Tom, your one example proves your point. :rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well then...what are your examples of his arm strength then...facts...moron...facts!!!

Harris had a 90 yard TD pass last year and the ball traveled 55-60 yards in the air dead on the money...that is what as known as a fact!!

And please? Arena Football??? About the same thing as the CFL...no offensive motion penalties...get real!!!
05-27-2004 03:26 PM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Redwingtom Wrote:And please? Arena Football???
No, not Arena Football. Arena Football 2 -- which is a cut above playing ball in the backyard, I guess.

CFN has also opined that, between Omar Jacobs and Gradkowsi, Omar would be the better fantasy pick this fall.

They may be right.
05-27-2004 04:25 PM
Advertisement

MaumeeRocket Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Redwingtom Wrote:The only down field pass I saw him throw last year (save it, I know he surely had others) was that long pass near the end of the game against BG but that was a fluttering dying quail that luckily found the receiver.
Maybe it had something to do with the mud pitt known as da doyt.
05-27-2004 04:28 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Redwingtom Wrote:
Oddball Wrote:Yeah, Tom, your one example proves your point.&nbsp; :rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well then...what are your examples of his arm strength then...facts...moron...facts!!!

Harris had a 90 yard TD pass last year and the ball traveled 55-60 yards in the air dead on the money...that is what as known as a fact!!

And please? Arena Football??? About the same thing as the CFL...no offensive motion penalties...get real!!!
Facts like yours? No problem. I once saw Harris flutter a pass...and it only went 20 yards. What a ******! :rolleyes:
05-27-2004 06:46 PM
Quote this message in a reply
DevilGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:

Schadenfreude Wrote:
Redwingtom Wrote:And please?&nbsp; Arena Football???
No, not Arena Football. Arena Football 2 -- which is a cut above playing ball in the backyard, I guess.

CFN has also opined that, between Omar Jacobs and Gradkowsi, Omar would be the better fantasy pick this fall.

They may be right.
Mike Bath played three seasons of AF2, but I don't think he's doing it this spring.

You won't see me making fun of anyone who gets the chance to keep playing a game they really love after they graduate from college, but, clearly, no one in AF2 is doing that as their day job.
05-27-2004 06:56 PM
VegasFalcon Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I work for the AFL and i know that every AF2 player gets $200 a game. Definitely not a day job. Also completions percentages are high there because every receiver is covered one-on-one.
05-27-2004 07:16 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

Schadenfreude Wrote:

They may be right.
I don't see any former BG quarterbacks playing there or anywhere else....except of course for Josh Harris.

And yes, completion percentages and QB ratings may be high in that league. However, I wasn't talking about just anybody. I was talking about two of the higher rated QB's in that league. And again, outside of Josh Harris you guys haven't had a QB do anything in a long time so you really shoud crack on guys from another school that are playing there. I mean, if you think AF2 isn't good, then what does that make your former QB's???? 03-lol

And here is a stat to consider. From 2000 through 2001, 20% of the players that played in the AF2 moved up to either the Arena League, the CFL, or the NFL. If this is just a step up from street ball then how come some of these guys were good enough to make it into the NFL?

And you think the Arena League is bush league? Did you know that Kurt Warner played in the Arena League before making it to the NFL and being a starting QB for the Rams? Did you know that Tommy Maddox played in the Arena League before making it in the NFL with the Steelers?
05-27-2004 07:43 PM
Advertisement

rocketfootball Offline
Legend

Schadenfreude Wrote:CFN has also opined that, between Omar Jacobs and Gradkowsi, Omar would be the better fantasy pick this fall.

They may be right.
I know you really don't think CFN is accurate, because I might remind you that they also picked Gradkowski as the MAC MVP and Toledo to win the West Division. Since you are a BG fan I am sure you don't agree with that, so one could say that you don't really believe what CFN says.....right?
05-27-2004 07:45 PM
Touchdown Rrrrrooockets&# Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Schadenfreude Wrote:

They may be right.
Well my fantasy is that I make $25000 per hour to stand on the sidelines with the my (2) favorite football teams and watch them play. Games occur five times each week per team and the season is (52) weeks long. The games are also all home games. After a long day at "the office", I return home (in either my Hummer, Viper, or my Enzo) to my beautiful wives who coincidentally were 2001, 2002, and 2003 playmates of the year, where they have dinner prepared for me. At this point, they proceed to make me feel more at home. Afterwards, I go to the vault and swim in my money "Scrooge McDuck style."

Unfortunately for me, this is only a fantasy. 03-banghead
05-27-2004 07:52 PM
Whinny Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Lord Flaming Asshat...your avatar ROCKS! 04-bow
05-27-2004 08:20 PM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

DevilGrad Wrote:
Schadenfreude Wrote:
Redwingtom Wrote:And please?  Arena Football???

They may be right.
Mike Bath played three seasons of AF2, but I don't think he's doing it this spring.

You won't see me making fun of anyone who gets the chance to keep playing a game they really love after they graduate from college, but, clearly, no one in AF2 is doing that as their day job.
I wasn't trying to make fun. I mean, I know anyone in AF2 plays football a whole lot better than I do.

But AF2 isn't a career. You are talking a few hundred bucks a game, I think -- maybe a bit more for the "stars." And I'm not sure how much of a statement good passing numbers in AF2 make.
05-27-2004 08:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.