Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NIU Fans
Bookmark and Share
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

I know this game didn't turn out the way you wanted it to, but it was a hell of a game. This was a very exciting game, no doubt.

You guys had a great crowd tonight. Congrats for leading the MAC in attendance this year and good luck against EMU in your final regular season game. I think with a win, you still have a shot at a bowl game, and I definitely know it is deserved.

You guys have a great football program and a great coach in Joe Novak. Your fans are great as well. I am glad that NIU is in the same conference as Toledo and I look forward to our future games as both teams should be awfully good again next year.

Toledo still has to beat BG, which will be very tough. If we lose to BG and you beat EMU you are still in the MACC and it will be deserved. If that happens I wish you luck and I will be cheering you guys on in the MACC and your bowl game. If Toledo beats BG and goes to the MACC, I hope you guys still get an at-large bowl bid.

You have my respect!
11-09-2004 11:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

rocketfootball Wrote:I know this game didn't turn out the way you wanted it to, but it was a hell of a game. This was a very exciting game, no doubt.

You guys had a great crowd tonight. Congrats for leading the MAC in attendance this year and good luck against EMU in your final regular season game. I think with a win, you still have a shot at a bowl game, and I definitely know it is deserved.

You guys have a great football program and a great coach in Joe Novak. Your fans are great as well. I am glad that NIU is in the same conference as Toledo and I look forward to our future games as both teams should be awfully good again next year.

Toledo still has to beat BG, which will be very tough. If we lose to BG and you beat EMU you are still in the MACC and it will be deserved. If that happens I wish you luck and I will be cheering you guys on in the MACC and your bowl game. If Toledo beats BG and goes to the MACC, I hope you guys still get an at-large bowl bid.

You have my respect!
Thanks RF, but really it's meltdown time over here. We have to eventually get past UT, but something always seems to go wrong. Your OL really played great, and our O just did not show up after the first quarter. I won't blame this on the loss of Wolfe, because I didn't see our OL getting the job done, but I can help but think that the fiasco created a distraction we didn't need.

Congrats on another big road win in DeKalb. This time around I hope you lose at home to BG. :D 03-wink
11-09-2004 11:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ProjectMayhem Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

we dont deserve a bowl game, the way we have played the past 3 weeks.

Also the fight with the football players. Who does that the weekend before the biggest game in the 2004 season?

Put horvath in vs eastern michigan... id never thought id say that.

Might as well start a bunch of freshmen and learn how to play something other than the attack 4-3.
11-09-2004 11:20 PM
Advertisement

HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

ProjectMayhem Wrote:Also the fight with the football players. Who does that the weekend before the biggest game in the 2004 season?
That is the question I'd like answered. When the coaches tell you not to hurt the team, why do you go out and surround yourselves with trouble? 03-banghead
11-09-2004 11:26 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo

HuskieDan Wrote:
rocketfootball Wrote:I know this game didn't turn out the way you wanted it to, but it was a hell of a game.  This was a very exciting game, no doubt.

You guys had a great crowd tonight.  Congrats for leading the MAC in attendance this year and good luck against EMU in your final regular season game.  I think with a win, you still have a shot at a bowl game, and I definitely know it is deserved.

You guys have a great football program and a great coach in Joe Novak.  Your fans are great as well.  I am glad that NIU is in the same conference as Toledo and I look forward to our future games as both teams should be awfully good again next year.

Toledo still has to beat BG, which will be very tough.  If we lose to BG and you beat EMU you are still in the MACC and it will be deserved.  If that happens I wish you luck and I will be cheering you guys on in the MACC and your bowl game.  If Toledo beats BG and goes to the MACC, I hope you guys still get an at-large bowl bid.

You have my respect!
Thanks RF, but really it's meltdown time over here. We have to eventually get past UT, but something always seems to go wrong. Your OL really played great, and our O just did not show up after the first quarter. I won't blame this on the loss of Wolfe, because I didn't see our OL getting the job done, but I can help but think that the fiasco created a distraction we didn't need.

Congrats on another big road win in DeKalb. This time around I hope you lose at home to BG. :D 03-wink
I hear ya HD. I know how that goes. Our board was awful when we got blown out by Minnesota and Kansas, but like I have been trying to tell everyone all year.......our defense has improved tremendously.

Not having Wolfe might have hurt you guys, but you weren't the only one with players out:

Starting running back Trinity Dawson did not play because of injury
#2 running back Quinton Broussard did not play because of an undisclosed injury
Starting punter Brett Kern did not play because of sickness (Mono)
Starting cornerback Antonio Malone played hurt all game (injury suffered against Miami last week) and it showed with him limping at the end of several plays.

Unfortunately injuries are part of the game. I really think that AJ Harris is a better back than what you saw out of him tonight. Like you said, I think your O-Line was just off tonight and that made the difference.
11-09-2004 11:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

rocketfootball Wrote:
HuskieDan Wrote:
rocketfootball Wrote:I know this game didn't turn out the way you wanted it to, but it was a hell of a game.  This was a very exciting game, no doubt.

You guys had a great crowd tonight.  Congrats for leading the MAC in attendance this year and good luck against EMU in your final regular season game.  I think with a win, you still have a shot at a bowl game, and I definitely know it is deserved.

You guys have a great football program and a great coach in Joe Novak.  Your fans are great as well.  I am glad that NIU is in the same conference as Toledo and I look forward to our future games as both teams should be awfully good again next year.

Toledo still has to beat BG, which will be very tough.  If we lose to BG and you beat EMU you are still in the MACC and it will be deserved.  If that happens I wish you luck and I will be cheering you guys on in the MACC and your bowl game.  If Toledo beats BG and goes to the MACC, I hope you guys still get an at-large bowl bid.

You have my respect!

I hear ya HD. I know how that goes. Our board was awful when we got blown out by Minnesota and Kansas, but like I have been trying to tell everyone all year.......our defense has improved tremendously.

Not having Wolfe might have hurt you guys, but you weren't the only one with players out:

Starting cornerback Antonio Malone played hurt all game (injury suffered against Miami last week) and it showed with him limping at the end of several plays.

Unfortunately injuries are part of the game. I really think that AJ Harris is a better back than what you saw out of him tonight. Like you said, I think your O-Line was just off tonight and that made the difference.
Wolfe wouldn't have won us this game, but I can't get past the thought that what he got involved in really screwed with the mindset of this team. The OL has been dominating, and no offense, the UT defense wasn't any stouter than any of the better D's we've played; they were good, but for some reason our OL just flat got smeared, and that hasn't happened. I really felt the balloon burst after missing the long bomb to start the second half and the third down pass dropped on the next drive.

But I give UT a lot of credit - we can't solve that offense. Here's hoping Rob Spence get's a BCS coordinator job this offseason! 03-wink
11-09-2004 11:45 PM
TropesNIU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

ProjectMayhem Wrote:we dont deserve a bowl game, the way we have played the past 3 weeks.

Also the fight with the football players. Who does that the weekend before the biggest game in the 2004 season?

Put horvath in vs eastern michigan... id never thought id say that.

Might as well start a bunch of freshmen and learn how to play something other than the attack 4-3.
I mentioned earlier this season about how some football players seem to look for a fight and i got threatening emails. Now this really goes to show you how some sad sacks of ****** on a team spoil it for the rest of us.
11-10-2004 12:40 AM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent

HuskieDan Wrote:
rocketfootball Wrote:
HuskieDan Wrote:

You have my respect!

Wolfe wouldn't have won us this game, but I can't get past the thought that what he got involved in really screwed with the mindset of this team. The OL has been dominating, and no offense, the UT defense wasn't any stouter than any of the better D's we've played; they were good, but for some reason our OL just flat got smeared, and that hasn't happened. I really felt the balloon burst after missing the long bomb to start the second half and the third down pass dropped on the next drive.

But I give UT a lot of credit - we can't solve that offense. Here's hoping Rob Spence get's a BCS coordinator job this offseason! 03-wink
Dan I think you hit it right on. The loss of Wolfe alone probably wouldnt have made a difference tonight, but the mindset of this team was tremendoulsy different with Wolfe not in the game, and the most affected by his loss was Josh Haldi. I've never seen Josh play so bad, but he had a great career at NIU and I have alot of respect for him.
11-10-2004 12:54 AM
mrfdog558 Offline
1st String

I Root For: THE N.I.U.

HD--

I have to agree. GW wouldnt have won that game because he doesnt play defense!! That is my one question/concern. WTF happened to our defense. It seemed as there was no effort, or intensity after that 1st quarter. A few flashes of brillance but overall, bad, just plain bad.
11-10-2004 01:06 AM
niuhuskie84 Offline
All American

I Root For:

Quote:It seemed as there was no effort, or intensity after that 1st quarter.
I said the exact same thing to my friend. No intensity whatsoever. I remember so many times last year our D stepped up big when we needed it, the Maryland game comes to mind. they almost were acting like they had lost even while they were up. there just seemed to me to be a lack of emotion out there after the 1st quarter, on both O and D. haldi looked so unlike himself, i couldnt believe it. just very painful to watch. possibly the most depressing niu 2nd half i have ever seen.
11-10-2004 01:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.