Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Inconsolable
Bookmark and Share
Flying Corn Offline
All American

I Root For: "The" N-I-U

Largely because I was convinced we finally had what it took to get the job done.

When Shatone caught that ball on the bounce I was convinced it was a message from God that it was finally our year.

But a lack of execution of offense sunk us again. The game was lost when Haldi overthrew Sheldon at the beginning of the third. We took the wind, went for the knockout and didn't execute the play.

I'm not of the belief this loss should be hung on the D. Through three quarters they did a better job than they ever have against Toledo. The O, which couldn't stay on the field for longer than 60 seconds.

Although I will lay some blame at the feet of our senior DB who made an unbelievably stupid and unnecessary interference play on an uncatchable ball to help Toledo salt it away.

Bad coaching, bad exceution on O. Ugh.

Kudos to the Rockets, their incredible coaching staff and top-notch athletes. They remain the cream of the MAC..

You know I want to say "At least it's almost basketball season!" at this point, but I'm not real sure that's something worht looking forward to... :rolleyes:

I'm going to be miserable all week... :crying: :crying:
11-10-2004 10:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Flying Corn Wrote:Largely because I was convinced we finally had what it took to get the job done.

When Shatone caught that ball on the bounce I was convinced it was a message from God that it was finally our year.

But a lack of execution of offense sunk us again. The game was lost when Haldi overthrew Sheldon at the beginning of the third. We took the wind, went for the knockout and didn't execute the play.

I'm not of the belief this loss should be hung on the D. Through three quarters they did a better job than they ever have against Toledo. The O, which couldn't stay on the field for longer than 60 seconds.

Although I will lay some blame at the feet of our senior DB who made an unbelievably stupid and unnecessary interference play on an uncatchable ball to help Toledo salt it away.

Bad coaching, bad exceution on O. Ugh.

Kudos to the Rockets, their incredible coaching staff and top-notch athletes. They remain the cream of the MAC..

You know I want to say "At least it's almost basketball season!" at this point, but I'm not real sure that's something worht looking forward to... :rolleyes:

I'm going to be miserable all week... :crying: :crying:
I agree, FC. I thought we could outscore UT - we've scored 30 points each of the last two years on them, and probably should have had more. Only 17 points won't get it done, and I thought we'd do MUCH better. And yes, the bomb to start the second half killed us - we came out with perfect play call with the wind and blew it.

While Lionel got called on the pass interference, replays were pretty clear in catching Adriel as the perpetrator.

I don't think the coaching was the problem here - we tried a lot on both sides of the ball, and after the first quarter and a half, none of it really worked. I saw the second half as similar to the second half against BG, except the tables were turned.
11-10-2004 11:20 AM
Advertisement

Flying Corn Offline
All American

I Root For: "The" N-I-U

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more convinced I am the coaches really couldn't have done much more.

We just didn't execute. Simple as that. I suppose you could make the case the coaches have failed to get us athletes comparable to those at Toledo, but that's a different thread....

Last night our guys just didn't get it done.

Oh well; go BG :rolleyes: (again 03-banghead 03-banghead )
11-10-2004 11:50 AM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Flying Corn Wrote:I suppose you could make the case the coaches have failed to get us athletes comparable to those at Toledo, but that's a different thread....
This is where the facilities play such a big part. We lost an LB from Rockford to Miami for that very reason, and both of UT's TEs (the one who didn't play - Clarke, included) are from the Chicago area. A facility upgrade will greatly benefit recruiting and thus our depth.
11-10-2004 12:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.