Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dish Network
Bookmark and Share
NIUHuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU

Just saw an announcement on Fox SportsNet (CH421). Use the Information Button on your remote when you're watching CH421. It said that Fox SportsNet would be gone on 11/29 and Comcast SportsNet would be picked up on 4/1/05.

What a joke!
11-25-2004 11:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent

You wont miss a whole lot, it will be on in time for baseball and football. Just will miss Bulls games.
11-25-2004 01:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators

This is worse than a joke, it's criminal! I am calling Dish Network on Monday to see if we will get a credit for FSN service not provided. If they take something away, they need to give us a credit for what we paid for and now do not have. If there is no credit (as I suspect), I will cancel Dish on the spot and tell them to pick up their equipment. I'll get either DirecTV or cable. This is the only way those idiots will learn. I suspect that what they are trying to do is bank the money they save by not offering FSN to help pay for the switch to Comcast. However, I suspect we will still see a rise in rates. We WILL miss a lot, including the Huskies game against Kansas State next month (FSN) and any of our games telecast on Comcast. This is a crime. Keep flooding those ***es at Dish Network with calls and e-mails!
11-26-2004 08:35 AM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

Here is Dish Network's response to my request for a refund:

"Thank you for your email. At this time, we will be unable to place any type of programming credit on your account. Effective Monday, November 29, FOX Sports Net Chicago, Channel 421, will no longer be available on DISH Network due to the significant changes in programming content. However, we are pleased to announce that effective 4/1/05; DISH Network intends to launch Comcast Sports Net Chicago, which now has rights to the Chicago Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs and White Sox.

If you currently subscribe to the America’s Top 60 Plus package, we will add the Multi-Sport package to your account at no additional charge until Comcast Sports Net Chicago is launched on 4/1/05. Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer."

This week, Dish will lose "a valued DISH Network customer" who spends more than $70/month on their services. If more of us do this, they'll get the message real fast.
11-29-2004 11:06 AM
NIUHuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU

Dog Fan,

Before getting rid of DishNetwork you should take a look at the programming you have today. I no longer have FoxSportsNet Chicago but I have all the other regional sports channels. I don't know if it will stay this way until 4/1/05 but if it does, I'll be able to live with it and won't be making a change to Direct TV.
11-29-2004 11:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PSE NIU Offline
1st String

Comcast Cable has both (obviously). They also have a 2-tuner DVR HD receiver. I have it, and it's pretty slick. If you're not anti-cable, check it out.
11-29-2004 11:27 AM
NIU27 Offline
Banned

I Root For:

NIUHuskies Wrote:Comcast Cable has both (obviously). They also have a 2-tuner DVR HD receiver. I have it, and it's pretty slick. If you're not anti-cable, check it out.
I am having the dual-tuner DVR installed this week. AWESOME!

Only $9.99 per month and no extra fees or equipment. No $200 TIVO cost or having to deal with the Dish.

I am not a huge fan of Comcast but this deal is great! You can't even get a dual tuner Tivo unless you have Direct TV.
11-29-2004 11:30 AM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

NIUHuskie Wrote:Dog Fan,

Before getting rid of DishNetwork you should take a look at the programming you have today. I no longer have FoxSportsNet Chicago but I have all the other regional sports channels. I don't know if it will stay this way until 4/1/05 but if it does, I'll be able to live with it and won't be making a change to Direct TV.
I already have the FSN regional stations and have had it for almost 1 1/2 years. I am paying $5.99/month for this service and I will continue paying for this, while others with smaller packages will be getting it for free. See why I'll soon be switching over to DirecTV?
11-29-2004 11:32 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

MaddDawgz02 Wrote:You wont miss a whole lot, it will be on in time for baseball and football. Just will miss Bulls games.
Guess niu hoops doesn't interest you?

Hey go post some rumor on the toledo board, about how dog fan got into a fight with DISH at a bar with his wife and now comcast sports is suspended from his programming!

DO IT! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
11-29-2004 12:01 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

crazywilly Wrote:
MaddDawgz02 Wrote:You wont miss a whole lot, it will be on in time for baseball and football.  Just will miss Bulls games.

Hey go post some rumor on the toledo board, about how dog fan got into a fight with DISH at a bar with his wife and now comcast sports is suspended from his programming!

Damn, Willy, how did you find out? :crying:
11-29-2004 12:08 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Dog Fan Wrote:
crazywilly Wrote:
MaddDawgz02 Wrote:You wont miss a whole lot, it will be on in time for baseball and football.  Just will miss Bulls games.

Well maddawg has it posted all over the net.

You are too gangsta for this board and must be reprimanded!!!!!!
11-29-2004 12:28 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

crazywilly Wrote:
Dog Fan Wrote:
crazywilly Wrote:

Well maddawg has it posted all over the net.

You are too gangsta for this board and must be reprimanded!!!!!!
If that reprimand means that I'll get spanked by MaddDawgz, then I'm all for it and will take my punishment like a man! :eek:
11-29-2004 12:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.