MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>KISS MY</span>
[Image: donkey.jpg]
:rofl:
11-30-2004 08:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

I don't think anyone is pissy about it. Anyone with logic and the understanding that there are 56 teams eligible for 56 spots knows that Marshall is going to a bowl game.
11-30-2004 08:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies

Who in the hell is "all pissy" about the Herd's bowl bid? Got a bit of a persecution complex going there. :eek:
11-30-2004 09:01 PM
DevilGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:

Well, that and he really *is* that damn stupid.
11-30-2004 09:02 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo

In fact, here is a thread where MACsters congratulated Marshall:

<a href='http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/mac/invision/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=16445' target='_blank'>http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/mac/invision...=ST&f=1&t=16445</a>
11-30-2004 09:05 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State

Go disappear with MAKO to exhange insults and lousy analysis.

Did MAKO ever come out or is he still in his cave?
11-30-2004 09:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

yaherd83 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I've never posted here. But thanks for all the congrats!

But I will say, miamihawktalk and zippyzoomba whatever its cracking me up with the bitter remarks. Especially since they're going bowling anyway! 05-nono
11-30-2004 09:08 PM
DevilGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:

Do you think that you are being cracked up (a) less than, (b ) as much as, or (c ) more than I am by the Herdiban's consistent need to promote the belief that they are being persecuted?

Take your time. This could be a trick question.
11-30-2004 09:11 PM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

DevilGrad Wrote:Do you think that you are being cracked up (a) less than, (b ) as much as, or (c ) more than I am by the Herdiban's consistent need to promote the belief that they are being persecuted?

Take your time. This could be a trick question.
:rofl:
11-30-2004 09:20 PM
BobL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU

Yes MUgs should be thrilled to be playing a 6-5 CUSA team.
:rofl: :rofl:
11-30-2004 09:28 PM
2001grad Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

BobL Wrote:Yes MUgs should be thrilled to be playing a 6-5 CUSA team.
&nbsp; :rofl:&nbsp; :rofl:
And, all of the MAC teams should bow down and be greatful to the Herd for keeping the MAC DIA for a while. Without us, there will be no MAC in 1A unless of course they change the rules so all those wastelands in Ohio and Michigan can continue to promote 1A football, not that anyone will be in the stands watching to care either way. Good luck in 1AA in a couple of years. We won it our last year there, let's see you try your hand at it..
11-30-2004 09:35 PM
Advertisement

HuronDave Offline
Heisman

DonatorsCrappiesCrappies

2001grad Wrote:
 &nbsp; :rofl:  :rofl:
And, all of the MAC teams should bow down and be greatful to the Herd for keeping the MAC DIA for a while. Without us, there will be no MAC in 1A unless of course they change the rules so all those wastelands in Ohio and Michigan can continue to promote 1A football, not that anyone will be in the stands watching to care either way. Good luck in 1AA in a couple of years. We won it our last year there, let's see you try your hand at it..
It's posts like this that bring ridicule upon the Herd. Geez. 2001 grad of what?
11-30-2004 09:45 PM
2001grad Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

HuronDave Wrote:
2001grad Wrote:
   :rofl:  :rofl:
It's posts like this that bring ridicule upon the Herd. Geez. 2001 grad of what?
Make your case then. Where were you prior to 1997? Did anyone know who/what the MAC was, did anyone care?
Also, since you are a genious how many MAC schools met the 15,000 att. rule this year?? or last year, or any year for that matter??
11-30-2004 09:47 PM
Okie Chippewa Offline
All American

Was this thread started and contributed by Marshall's fans of a lowest common denominator or highest common denominator? Careful; this is trick question number two.
11-30-2004 09:50 PM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators

Go over to the conference usa board 2001. That is where you are gonna be after your bowl game anyways. All the other intelligent, respectful Herd fans can stay here while they are still in the MAC, and visit afterwards too.
11-30-2004 09:54 PM
2001grad Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

HuskiemobileMan Wrote:Go over to the conference usa board 2001. That is where you are gonna be after your bowl game anyways. All the other intelligent, respectful Herd fans can stay here while they are still in the MAC, and visit afterwards too.
You mean the confrence, where they get more than 8,000 people for their homecoming game? Or you mean the confrence that will remain a D1A confrence past next year??

In either case, it sure isn't the MAC. We tried but you just can't convince OSU fans to come out to watch Miami Lite, Ohio, Toledump, Bowling Green, Akron, or Kent. And you can't convince Michigan and Michigan State fans to come out and watch North East West South Centeral Middle Eastern Western Michigan.
11-30-2004 10:00 PM
Advertisement

CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies

Quote:In either case, it sure isn't the MAC. We tried but you just can't convince OSU fans to come out to watch Miami Lite, Ohio, Toledump, Bowling Green, Akron, or Kent. And you can't convince Michigan and Michigan State fans to come out and watch North East West South Centeral Middle Eastern Western Michigan.

I always find it humorous when a guy from a school in West Virginia tries to make a "directional" insult. :rolleyes:
11-30-2004 10:05 PM
BobL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU

2001grad Wrote:
HuskiemobileMan Wrote:Go over to the conference usa board 2001.&nbsp; That is where you are gonna be after your bowl game anyways.&nbsp; All the other intelligent, respectful Herd fans can stay here while they are still in the MAC, and visit afterwards too.
You mean the confrence, where they get more than 8,000 people for their homecoming game? Or you mean the confrence that will remain a D1A confrence past next year??

In either case, it sure isn't the MAC. We tried but you just can't convince OSU fans to come out to watch Miami Lite, Ohio, Toledump, Bowling Green, Akron, or Kent. And you can't convince Michigan and Michigan State fans to come out and watch North East West South Centeral Middle Eastern Western Michigan.
NIU led the MAC in attendance..not MUgs. But you knew that didn't you....
11-30-2004 10:07 PM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

2001grad Wrote:
 &nbsp; :rofl:  :rofl:
[Image: DSC00237.jpg]
11-30-2004 10:12 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU

Quote:Also, since you are a genious how many MAC schools met the 15,000 att. rule this year?? or last year, or any year for that matter??

After Bowling Green beat them and their bowl hopes looked dead (at the time), Marshall's attendance immediately dropped to 19,000 for their final game. Not exactly a light year above that mythical, magical 15K mark. Not to mention that a read a smattering of fans on the Herd 'Vine - a message board for die hard fans if there ever was one - swearing that they "wouldn't cross the street" to watch their team play that last game.

Herd fans are under this impression that their fan base is immune to any win-loss cycles. But give Marshall a couple sub-.500 seasons or so, and the ridiculous "15K law" will suddenly become a topic of conversation in Huntington too.
11-30-2004 10:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.