Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Creighton
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State

The Creighton game is the test to see how good we are. And I think we'll pass it.

Interestingly, Creighton looks alot like us. The match ups should be very interesting. Haynes will have another handful with Tyler McKinney, who is their heart and soul and a damn good PG. Their shooting guards, Kellen Millner and Nate Funk, are hot hands with the three.( Funk is the leading scorer and rebounder, who missed Saturday's game with a sore shoulder. Don't know if he'll play on Tuesday.) For this reason, I expect to see alot of Edwin. JE may be our best perimeter defender ( close with Haynes) and is starting to get on an offensive roll with double figures four of the last five games. Plus, remember the game he had against Creighton last year?Other than JE, we'll get to see what Gates and Johnson can do on D. Johnson had a pretty good defensive game in Milwaukee. The Blue Jay's don't have many weaknesses, but if they do, it's in the frontcourt. The play a couple of newer guys, Motz and Tolliver, who are learning. Potential for a big night from Warzinski.

All in all, this won't be the end if we lose.... but, oh, what a sweet win. Creighton s 7-0, but has struggled against Xavier and High Point
(in fact, they were down by 13 at home yesterday and has to press back.) If it weren't for last year, they may even look past us to Nebraska on Saturday. But I think they remember the Bracket Buster visit and will not be napping. I am really glad we played well before that Marquette crowd, because the Blue Jay's bring them in and it will be a very tough atmosphere. I have heart after watching the Flashes in front of a very energized MU crowd of over 10K and hang in there. Our key is to be competitive fom the beginning. We lost the Marquette game in the first three minutes, not the last.

I can't wait until Tuesday. Go Flashes!!
12-05-2004 07:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Funk did not play due to a shoulder injury that was re-aggravated in the Xavier game. He's a game-time decision for Tuesday. I hope he plays.

In the post-game interviews on Wed., Jason said they would not practice the next day but would go hard up through Sunday. He said everyone has known how big a game this is since the schedule came out. They have been pointing to it.

Too bad there is no tv. This will be one of the best college hoops games on this week. Great matchup!

<a href='http://members4.boardhost.com/JaysFans/index.html' target='_blank'>Creighton Message Board</a>
12-05-2004 09:20 AM
KStud Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Johnson bruised his hip in Wednesday's game and only played three minutes. It may not be serious, but who knows if he will get minutes. Edwin and Youngblood are going to be the X factors in these games all season. Either one can have a huge game at both ends and dictate it.
12-05-2004 12:37 PM
Flashfan88 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

What a matchup!!!

Edwin hurt them last year and he also put on a show against Central Michagan last Wednesday; I'm sure Creighton
will be looking to stop him. Hope we get some production off the bench..........we will need it.

Go Flashes
12-05-2004 04:08 PM
loft Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

This will be a great test for us and I just can't wait for this game. Go flashes! 04-drinky
12-05-2004 05:23 PM
creightonotter Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Some Flash fans might one some info on the year's Jays squad.

Here is a season diary I've kept this year. Hope it sheds some light on your opponent for Tuesday.

Should be a good one... Go Jays!

<a href='http://www.bluejaybasketball.blogspot.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.bluejaybasketball.blogspot.com/</a>
12-05-2004 08:13 PM
Advertisement

FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Thanks for the quality blog. Creighton will be a handful. Defensively, I hope we can disrupt those passing lanes and slow your shooters down. Reads like the Jays distribute the ball well to a number of weapons. I'm glad we have someone like Haynes to match up with McKinney, but this means the rest of the guys have to step up. Remember how guarding Diener took Haynes out of his offense? Cutley's aggresiveness in tyring to create havoc in their offensive sets will be critical.

So far, I'd offer two of our weaknesses have been managing the press and bad decisions. ( Others on this board see the team more than I, so could offer different perspectives.) For some reason, even our experienced guys have struggled against the press. I'm sure we have worked on it, but it feels like we've had more 10 second violations so far this year that all of last. Probably not true, but they've come at tough moments (remember Old Dominion)? As noted on this board, we've made some strange shooting decisions. From what I can tell, they've seemed strange to Jim Christian, too, so it's probably a bad in the moment thing. Things like not making the extra pass, stupid lobs, ill positioned three's. We can't afford any of those brain cramps on Tuesday.

In closing, I say the Jays should look forward to that big game with Nebraska on Saturday. Local bragging rights, knocking off a Big 12 school...man, you can't get too ready for that. 03-wink
12-06-2004 07:03 AM
CUJay Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

The guy you need to worry about is Steve Smith. CU has been saving him for this game.
12-06-2004 09:47 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I'm sure Dana has been hiding this 6-10 freshman just for this game.
Is he going to hide his 1 assist to 4 turnovers or his .000 shooting pct. too?
I think we'll focus on McKinney rather than the guy who has earned the fewest minutes of anyone on your team. We'll take our chances with a kid this green in a game like this.
03-wink
12-06-2004 12:04 PM
imradioboy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

In case anybody is interested, there is a pair of tickets on ebay for the game.
12-06-2004 06:33 PM
mpost Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I am not sure if there is t.v. available in your area for tonights game, but for those of you who are interested there is a webcast available from http://www.gocreighton.com. I am not sure what the fee is for an indivudal game (I bought the season pass); but if you have high-speed internet access the picture/audio is surprisingly good. I have watched several CU games via the webcast and have always been happy (it is well worth the money). You will have to put up with the Creighton announcers who very enthusiastic, but complete CU homers. I don't think there has ever been a foul called on the Jays that these guys agreed with.

Looking forward to a good match-up. Should be a nice crowd (12-13k) at the Quest center.
12-07-2004 02:59 PM
Advertisement

loft Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Well, I won't be able to find out the final score of the game until later tonight becuase I will be going to the Jimmy V Classic at Madison Square Garden for 2 games, (Pitt vs Memphis and Syracuse vs OK State) I know, it's going to be awesome. Since I'm in New York, I'm only able to listen to the Kent State games anyway, but go Flashes! 04-drinky
12-07-2004 03:03 PM
Kflasher Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: March 2get here

mpost Wrote:You will have to put up with the Creighton announcers who very enthusiastic, but complete CU homers.
You should check out http://www.kentstatesports.com and listen to our radio announcer (Bill Needle) call the game. He is really bad. As you listen, and hopefully you can stand it for a few mins., check out how many times there is no commemtary at all for more than 5 seconds. Sometimes you can just hear the crowd, the sqeaking of shoes and a whistle. The broadcast also sound like it's done on equipment used for a high school game. Very small-time.
12-07-2004 03:27 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I would have sprung for the video feed, but they only offer a season pass for $40 and no single game purchase option. At least, I could not find one. Too bad.
OK Bill, here we go again. :rolleyes:
12-07-2004 05:46 PM
flashgrad03 Offline
1st String

I keep argueing with myself. This is a huge game.....no its not, the only huge game of the year is the MAC championship and the games that are necessary to get there.....

I've come to the conclusion that this game is big, but not important. even if we win, we won't get any look from the National media until we win the MAC championship. Either way it is good for growth for the young guys to go on the road and win or lose it will make the team better. A win would be another notch in the belt, a loss just a learning expirience and a building block on the way to hopefully winning the MAC!!!!
Go Flashes, pull off an upset!!!!!
12-07-2004 08:02 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

The Flashes seem aggressive enough, a few nice steals. But geez...the shooting has to get better...3 of 9 :crying:
12-07-2004 08:16 PM
Advertisement

flashgrad03 Offline
1st String

NEEDLE SUCKS!!!!!!!
12-07-2004 08:18 PM
flashgrad03 Offline
1st String

Hey needle how hard is it to keep track of the score????? Your killin me!

Haynes needs to calm down!

Go Flashes!
12-07-2004 08:27 PM
Reno79 Offline
Special Teams

OK if someone told me we would have the lead at half on the road against these guys I would have taken it, but we gotta do something about these fouls. Needle is really bad tonight too
12-07-2004 08:54 PM
Kflasher Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: March 2get here

I'm always optomistic about this team but the foul disparity is gonna kill us in the second half. :(
12-07-2004 08:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.