Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tonites game Vs Notre Dame Ohio????
ckool17 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Is it still on schedule, because I want to go to it, and the roads are soo crappy!!!!, anyone with info let me know
12-22-2004 05:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

His Dudeness Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

It's still on and the roads around campus are well plowed!

GO FLASHES!!!
12-22-2004 06:28 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State

Sounds like the Flashes don't know there's a game yet, either.... :crying:
12-22-2004 07:23 PM
Reno79 Offline
Special Teams

These guys concern me a little bit. They score a lot of points (90 ppg average) and if they get hot could give us trouble. Granted it was against DII competiton but the longer they hang around the more dangerous they become. We need to put em away early. Doesn't sound like a lot of fans there either so the home court advantage might be as strong as we might like.
12-22-2004 07:26 PM
loft Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

39-33 Flashes as of right now.
12-22-2004 07:38 PM
Advertisement

Reno79 Offline
Special Teams

That kid Hilborn can shoot the ball. Actually it sounds like this team can score and score quick.Looks like the Flashes are going to need to outrun them.
12-22-2004 07:47 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Eagles shooting 62% from the field and 58% from three.

We always start slow after the break. Not a bad schedule...more challenging than we expected and should get us back in the grove.
12-22-2004 07:50 PM
Reno79 Offline
Special Teams

Sounds like Gerwig is having a good game. He has played 10 minutes already. Maybe they are trying the knee to see how it will hold up. It would be great if we could get 15 or 20 minutes from him for BC
12-22-2004 07:58 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Something tells me J.C. gave a rousing half time "perspective."
12-22-2004 08:02 PM
Advertisement

Reno79 Offline
Special Teams

I think he reaquainted them with the meaning of the word "defense"
12-22-2004 08:03 PM
flashgrad03 Offline
1st String

How did we not blow them out of the gym??????????
A win is a win, but why schedule this game if you dont plan on absolutely demolishing the team to gain momentum into a really big game????????? UGH!!!!!!!

I may be alittle spoiled, but I am disappointed with this game. Where was the D?????????????
What happened with Cutley?
This team better get their defensive heads out of their, you know where before BC or it will be ugly!!!!!

Go Flashes.
12-22-2004 09:00 PM
Reno79 Offline
Special Teams

This was a scary game. We put up some big numbers, but the D was inconsistent. Nevertheless, ND can score and could probably beat the bottom half of the MAC more often than not. It was good to see Gerwig get some minutes. I hope his knee feels OK tomorow. On the postgame show Geno Ford said the coach was trying to send Cutley a little message. They are going to need to really focus and not play stupid to beat BC. It would be a huge win if they could pull it off.

Go Flashes!
12-22-2004 09:10 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I also listened to the post game, Reno. Anyone else?

Is anyone else curious about the "lack of killer instinct" the coaches continue to mention? J.C. mentioned it after CMU, and Geno Ford mentioned that he saw it at Corpus Christi, CMU and tonight. We get sloppy with a lead...bad passes, bad shots, loose defense...and allow teams on the verge of being put away back into it. Ford chalked it up to inexperience as a team, but indicated it was something we needed to develop.

I heard the reference about Cutley, too. He was benched after the T on the Notre Dame player on a play in which he was involed. Never came back. Wonder what's going on. On the bright side, Geno Ford said "he'd follow Cutley down a dark alley." Great description of having Scott on our team.

FWIW, Meechie didn't score alot of points tonight, but great contribution on assists and steals. That will get him some minutes.
12-22-2004 09:26 PM
Advertisement

imradioboy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

On a lighter note: Did anybody listen to the game on the radio? It was actually broadcast quality. Bill Needle sounded clueless in crystal clear sound. Nice Job Guys. That has been one of my biggest complaints over the years.

Happy Holidays.
12-22-2004 10:01 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Game didn't bother me too much. Just like a practice, though probably less intense. 03-wink It doesn't matter how much we won by and the game was not in doubt after we ran off 10 to start the 2nd half.
NDOH is a run and gun team who has scored over 100 at least twice this year. They had some legitimate scorers. And we got lots of opportunities to work on the transition offense.
I think the game after finals is always tough. We stunk it up last year, too, against URI. Take a couple days for Christmas, then get back in the gym on Sunday and get ready for BC.
A win's a win. 8-2.
Sloppy, yes, no doubt, but the perfect game for a letdown.
Give ND some credit, too. They were lighting it up in the 1st half! They played great.
12-22-2004 10:25 PM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:

FlashFan Wrote:I heard the reference about Cutley, too. He was benched after the T on the Notre Dame player on a play in which he was involed. Never came back. Wonder what's going on. On the bright side, Geno Ford said "he'd follow Cutley down a dark alley." Great description of having Scott on our team.
Cutley plays with a lot of emotion. On the plus side, he brings a lot of energy and heart to the club. He'll dive on the floor, he'll pump up the other players, he won't back down. I admire that. On the negative side, he seems to walk the fringe of getting a technical constantly by wearing his emotions on his sleeve. I swear he came close to getting T'd in the Marquette game when he got really pissy when a call went against him, and he did get a T in another game this year. It comes across as immature.

And that's my guess on the message Jim Christian is trying to send Cutley. It's great that you play hard, but you aren't a freshman, and you need to mature to play consistantly at this level and be a leader on this club.
12-22-2004 11:10 PM
ckool17 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Well the game was very fast paced, and I think the Flashes just wanted to get off the court. Not a horrible turnout for the roads/opponents combined, maybe 500 or so. They had one kid that was killing us all night, cant think of his name number 10 though. Kent should try to go after that kid, he would be a great back up to Haynes. The next Earl Boykins. Anyways not an impressive victory, a little bit uninspired, but i think they will bring it against BC and win the game
12-23-2004 02:36 AM
Advertisement

FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Quote:On a lighter note: Did anybody listen to the game on the radio? It was actually broadcast quality. Bill Needle sounded clueless in crystal clear sound. Nice Job Guys. That has been one of my biggest complaints over the years.

You're right. The sound quality and consistency has shown much improvement.
12-23-2004 07:49 AM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

They get it. Geez, J.C. almost sounds like we lost. I'm gald we scheduled NDP for this game. In the last two years, we've lost to St. Bonnies and URI in the firts game after the break.

[quote]Double-digit wins are rarely frustrating.

Kent State’s 96-80 victory over Notre Dame College of Ohio Wednesday night was the exception.

Playing a young-but-improving Division II NAIA team should have been a cakewalk for the Golden Flashes - a chance to get in a little live, on-court work after an 11-day layoff for final exams.

An easy win would have allowed the starters to get their work in early, giving first-year players like freshmen Mike Scott and Brett Barlett and transfers Jason France, Josh Hegenderfer and Darius Davis a rare opportunity to rack up minutes.

The crowd of 1,854 that braved a blizzard to get to the M.A.C. Center didn’t see the blowout it expected.

“A game like this is the mark of an immature team,
12-23-2004 07:55 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Coach should be mad everytime the team doesn't play up to its potential. He needs to have them firing on on cylinders next Wed.

As a fan, I'm glad that's not my job and games like last night don't bother me too much. We put the hammer down enough to win handily and I rarely care about how many points we win by versus whom. To me, that kind of thinking leads you to the argument that YSU was a better team than we were in '02. 03-lol
12-23-2004 10:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.