Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Southern Logic
Bookmark and Share
Kedzman Offline
All American

I Root For:

This is a must see post on the Troy board. I've never seen anyone try so hard to stretch an arguement as this... Enjoy.

<a href='http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8072#8072' target='_blank'>http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forum/viewtop...php?p=8072#8072</a>

You'll like my retort (posting as NIU92alum).
12-27-2004 10:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Vicious Maggot Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

NICE! 04-rock
12-27-2004 12:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BGSUalum1987 Offline
Noah's Dad

I Root For: BGSU!

I hope you guys lay a major beating on these guys. 04-rock
12-27-2004 12:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

BlueRaiderPride is a diehard Mid Tenn St and Sun Belt fan, and is quite obnoxious about it. He's all over the MAC board, for some reason.

And this post of mine in response to the prospect of Troy's rushing D against our rushing O never was replied to.....I wonder why. :rolleyes:

Quote:Troy Opponents' Rushing Offenses:

Marshall - 90th
Missouri - 50th
New Mexico St (L) - 83rd
South Carolina (L) - 43rd
Utah State - 115th
Arkansas St (L) - 64th
LSU (L) - 19th
Idaho - 80th
La Lafayette - 62nd
Midd Tenn St - 101st

NIU - 13th.

So again, how has your schedule prepared you for the Huskie rushing O?
12-27-2004 01:08 PM
Kedzman Offline
All American

I Root For:

HuskieDan,

You should re-introduce your comment to the Troy board. Evidently, they can't beat a team ranked in the top 49 for rushing offense. Could be a long day for them...
12-27-2004 03:35 PM
TUrocks Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

And your offense is really lighting it up against strong defensive teams.....

I'll reintroduce this from another post on this board--NIU's opponents rankings on defense:

Here are the loses:

21 Maryland
35 Iowa St.
92 Toledo

Here are the wins:

66 Bowling Green
79 Tulsa
82 UCF
98 Akron
105 Central Mich.
112 Ball St.
114 Eastern Mich.
116 Western Mich.

And here's Troy:

17 Troy

BTW, keep bringing the Waffle House jokes---they're so funny...I've never heard that before....I'm still laughing....BWaaahaaahaaa...seriously,....I'm in hysterics......... Wal-Mart...funny....Dip Cup....funny......Bwahaaahaaa.
12-27-2004 09:43 PM
Advertisement

COHUSKIE Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU/ColoState

Well you have to like Troy's enthusiam, but the fact of the matter is that they are in a joke league and had one good night against a Mizzou team that really wasn't that good.

Their record of play is inconsistent, question is which team for Troy shows up? I again, will be suprised if we have any trouble with them at all.

GO NIU!
12-27-2004 10:56 PM
mrfdog558 Offline
1st String

I Root For: THE N.I.U.

Lets wait til Friday to run our mouths. That D is tough. I think we will be alright but we are in for a showdown with the boys from Troy.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!
12-27-2004 11:19 PM
seeds99 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU

TUrocks Wrote:And your offense is really lighting it up against strong defensive teams.....

I'll reintroduce this from another post on this board--NIU's opponents rankings on defense:

Here are the loses:

21 Maryland
35 Iowa St.
92 Toledo

Here are the wins:

66 Bowling Green
79 Tulsa
82 UCF
98 Akron
105 Central Mich.
112 Ball St.
114 Eastern Mich.
116 Western Mich.

And here's Troy:

17 Troy

BTW, keep bringing the Waffle House jokes---they're so funny...I've never heard that before....I'm still laughing....BWaaahaaahaaa...seriously,....I'm in hysterics......... Wal-Mart...funny....Dip Cup....funny......Bwahaaahaaa.
Lets see, our starting Senior QB didn't play vs Marlyand or Iowa St and one of the best RBs in the nation didn't play against Toledo. Still no excuse to lose those games but when you are missing guys like that the offense isn't going to light it up as much.
12-27-2004 11:40 PM
Bartindekalb Offline
Lord of the Dance; Special

I Root For: NIU
Donators

mrfdog558 Wrote:Lets wait til Tuesday to run our mouths. That D is an outright joke.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!
There - fixed it for you. :)
12-28-2004 12:02 AM
Flames24Rulz Offline
All American

I Root For: SIU and NIU

I can't believe Troy actually has fans...Troy will get :ownd: on Thursday night.
12-28-2004 01:09 AM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators

TUrocks Wrote:And your offense is really lighting it up against strong defensive teams.....

Here are the loses:

21 Maryland
35 Iowa St.
92 Toledo

Here are the wins:

66 Bowling Green
79 Tulsa
82 UCF
98 Akron
105 Central Mich.
112 Ball St.
114 Eastern Mich.
116 Western Mich.

And here's Troy:

17 Troy

You forgot "toothless hicks with straw hanging from your mouths who like to make your young male cousins squeal like pigs".
12-28-2004 08:45 AM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Here are the loses:

21 Maryland
35 Iowa St.
92 Toledo

Here are the wins:

66 Bowling Green
79 Tulsa
82 UCF
98 Akron
105 Central Mich.
112 Ball St.
114 Eastern Mich.
116 Western Mich.

And here's Troy:

17 Troy

Holy crap!! We beat Tulsa? Where the hell was I when that happened!!! 04-drinky 04-drinky

This just in - NIU has forfeited Thursday's Silicon Valley Football Classic due to not having played a defense up to Troy's caliber. "We quite certainly will not be able to generate any offense, as we simply have not faced a defense like Troy's. It has become obvious that we have no hope of competing in this game, and rather than risk the embarrassment of proving it on the field we would just assume cut our losses and come home to mommy now."

:rolleyes:
12-28-2004 09:16 AM
NIUbro Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Since we have no chance and it will be rainy weather can I get a refund?
I should just stay home and tape the game. No sense even watchingit live. Maybe ESPN will cancell it and give Troy the trophy.
12-28-2004 10:23 AM
all_in Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

03-lol

Nice post. No Troy fans feel like this will be an a$$ whipping, but when the most points scored on Troy all year long were only 24, against the defending national champs, in Baton Rouge, they have a right to brag about their defense. As for you boys and girls continually knocking Troy for two bad losses to NMSU and ASU, keep in mind that ASU only scored 13 points on Troy, NMSU 22, at their respective homes. And each team had about 220 yards total offense. I'm looking forward to a great bowl, but anyone that thinks this will be a blowout on either side is smoking some fine herb.
12-28-2004 10:33 AM
TUrocks Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Dog Fan Wrote:

Here are the loses:

21 Maryland
35 Iowa St.
92 Toledo

Here are the wins:

66 Bowling Green
79 Tulsa
82 UCF
98 Akron
105 Central Mich.
112 Ball St.
114 Eastern Mich.
116 Western Mich.

And here's Troy:

17 Troy

You forgot "toothless hicks with straw hanging from your mouths who like to make your young male cousins squeal like pigs".
Toothless Hicks....HaaaHaaaHaaa.....Young Male Cousins.....HaaaHaaa........squeal like pigs.....HaaaHaaa....OH, I get, it's like that movie "Deliverance".....HaaaaHaaaaHaaaa.

Seriously, I have never predicted a blowout for Troy in this game. My prediction is, and has been from the beginning, Troy--18 and NIU---17. Good offense vs. good defense---somethings gotta give and anyone who has predicted more than a 10 point difference for either team obviously has no respect for the other. Noone has to tell me that our offense needs work. But we changed qb's halfway through the season (freshman D.T. Mcdowell) and he is 4-1 as a starter. He was improving game by game. He showed up to training camp right after the first day after playing summer ball for the Anaheim Angels. He now has had a month to prepare for this game after the shortened time of week by week preparation and all of us in Troy are awaiting to see what he can do.

As for the Troy defense vs. NIU offense thing---I know it's been run into the ground on these message boards. It's about time to play the game and find out which one gives too much. Good luck and here's hoping for a good game!!!!!
12-28-2004 12:18 PM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

TUrocks Wrote:
Dog Fan Wrote:

Here are the loses:

21 Maryland
35 Iowa St.
92 Toledo

Here are the wins:

66 Bowling Green
79 Tulsa
82 UCF
98 Akron
105 Central Mich.
112 Ball St.
114 Eastern Mich.
116 Western Mich.

And here's Troy:

17 Troy

Toothless Hicks....HaaaHaaaHaaa.....Young Male Cousins.....HaaaHaaa........squeal like pigs.....HaaaHaaa....OH, I get, it's like that movie "Deliverance".....HaaaaHaaaaHaaaa.

Seriously, I have never predicted a blowout for Troy in this game. My prediction is, and has been from the beginning, Troy--18 and NIU---17. Good offense vs. good defense---somethings gotta give and anyone who has predicted more than a 10 point difference for either team obviously has no respect for the other. Noone has to tell me that our offense needs work. But we changed qb's halfway through the season (freshman D.T. Mcdowell) and he is 4-1 as a starter. He was improving game by game. He showed up to training camp right after the first day after playing summer ball for the Anaheim Angels. He now has had a month to prepare for this game after the shortened time of week by week preparation and all of us in Troy are awaiting to see what he can do.

As for the Troy defense vs. NIU offense thing---I know it's been run into the ground on these message boards. It's about time to play the game and find out which one gives too much. Good luck and here's hoping for a good game!!!!!
Please don't take the smack talk seriously. I know that eveyone on this board has repect for Troy. We just give back what we get, and when you post smack on this board (like any board), ya gotta expect it back. In reality, I have nothing but respect and admiration for Southerners. The experience we had playing at Alabama last year was second to none. Alabama fans (and residents) re-define class. Southern hospitality is not a myth, it's a reality.

Here's hoping for a great game! 04-bow
12-28-2004 12:32 PM
Field Turf Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

NIU is undefeated this year when both Haldi and Wolfe start.

End 'O Subject!!
12-28-2004 12:34 PM
Huskiefan38 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies!!!

Dog Fan Wrote:I know that eveyone on this board has repect for Troy.
nope :chair:

they all idiots i hope we kill them by more than 30
12-28-2004 02:57 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

Huskiefan38 Wrote:
Dog Fan Wrote:I know that eveyone on this board has repect for Troy.
nope :chair:

they all idiots i hope we kill them by more than 30
I meant respect for the team, not the fans. Unless the team posts here, I really can't say they're all idiots! 03-razz
12-28-2004 03:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.