Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football Recruiting Update
kentstatejeff Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: KSU, UMD

New poster here and just wanted to say howdy and add my two-cents as far as our football recruiting and what i have heard/seen lately. Here is a brief list of commits that i have tracked via rivals.com and other sites; some of these have already been covered:

Michael Machen QB 6'6 240lbs Coffeyville, Kansas via Alabama and Minor League Baseball
Patrick McAfee K 6'1 205lbs Pittsburgh, Pa was heavily recruited by Iowa but they took another K.
Augustus Parrish DT/OL 6'3 305lbs Oxon Hill, MD brother currently playing at KSU
Tony Pastore QB 6'2 200lbs Canton, GA Prior to season ranked #79 player in Ga
Allen Whitaker LB/DE 6'2 195lbs Forestville, Md projected as OLB
Jarvis Williams S/WR 6'0 186lbs Stafford, VA softly recruited by Maryland, Pitt, West Virginia
Jon Brown QB 5'11 182lbs Westlake, OH 2700yds 27 Tds 3 Ints as a senior
Jameson Konz DB/WR 6'2 190lbs Lake, OH--hurt half the year but still looks good
Greg Keys RB 6'1 205lbs Bellevue, OH---nice power runner, should compliment passing game well
James Brown--as mentioned via halftime show of bball game....after some research i cannot confirm who this is but it may be JUCO transfer from Hudson Valley college via Danbury, CT 6'1 225lbs DE

If anyone has any other info it is greatly appreciated. This information is current and true as far as my knowledge. If anyone else can confirm Keys, Konz or Brown feel free to. Look forward to seeing how football shakes down on signing day.
01-10-2005 03:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KStud Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Apparently Keys is having second thoughts as other teams are now looking at him as Plan B. Another recruiting thread has more on him.
01-10-2005 03:59 PM
Flashes Win Again Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Did I see where Kent signed a DB from Glenville? Coach Martin is smart to develop a pipeline in that school because there's some serious athletes up there. OSU guys like Ginn, Whitner, Jamario O'Neal, & Troy Smith played there. Thourogh-bred athletes with speed to burn.
01-22-2005 09:19 AM
Flashy Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Both Akron and Toledo passed on the Glenville DB who is committed to Kent. Sloppy seconds for Martin and company.
01-22-2005 12:23 PM
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

We'll see if Acron & Toledo made mistakes, in the meantime Kent now has a pipeline in one of the best talent producing high schools in the country. That is potentially more important than signing any one recruit.
01-22-2005 04:17 PM
Advertisement

FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State

Flashes Win Again- welcome. Nice to have new posters here. Just so you know, Flashy is an Akron fan who periodically shows up to pull our chain. Stick around and you'll note he's ignored. Plus, I'd rather talk about Gus Parrish who passed on offers from both Marshall and Akron for Kent State.

Wouldn't those have been lively family reunions with brother Justin if Gus played for the Zips?
01-23-2005 03:51 PM
REALIST Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Crappies

ld be in the know about football, being a KentState fan and all, but AKRON signed 4 Glenville players last season and will have two more this season. The guy who comitted to you was the RUNT of the litter who had no other offers.

Guys like Donte Cloud, Stephon Fuqua, and Jemall Benjamin will go undefeated against Kent State during their 4 years at Akron. 6 guys from Glenville in two years is a pipeline... 1 guy who no one else wanted is s drip.

Come to think of it, that pretty much lays out the map for KSU football, a drop in the bucket.

:rofl:
01-23-2005 04:19 PM
FunkmasterFlash Offline
1st String

May I ask why you never comment in a basketball thread REALIST?
01-23-2005 04:22 PM
REALIST Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Crappies

17 days big boy, 17 days.

Since the best you have done over the past 2 years is split with Akron I cannot see why you are so cocky about hoops. KSU is on the way down, Dambrot will be taking us to the top.
01-23-2005 04:36 PM
Advertisement

REALIST Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Crappies

and be sure and drop by our football office in the JAR on the 9th and get a look at the WAGON WHEEL... you won't be seeing that for the next decade or until Brother Jeb's second administration kicks in.
01-23-2005 04:37 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Interesting development to watch....Bryan Payton is a 5'9 195 RB who runs a 4.4 and occasional 4.3. He commtted to UNC, but as you can read, it didn't work out. We are back in the running (no pun intended). He is originally an Indiana kid from Fort Wayne and Ball State gave his first offer...so it may be a long shot for us. But he's rated as a three star back and may be the fast bruiser we need. Stay tuned.

Quote:Since Bryan Payton's decommitment from North Carolina this week, questions have been raised about how it took place and who initiated the decommitment.
Fork Union head coach John Shuman wanted to clarify that the decision was indeed mutual.

"We have no problem," Shuman said Wednesday afternoon. "Bryan and UNC had a mutual decision. UNC and Bryan were up front with each other. It was a mutual agreement."

Payton now will reopen his recruitment and currently has offers from Clemson, Ball State, Marshall and Kent State, among others.
01-23-2005 07:52 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Quote:and be sure and drop by our football office in the JAR on the 9th and get a look at the WAGON WHEEL... you won't be seeing that for the next decade or until Brother Jeb's second administration kicks in.

Sorry you don't have a trophy room at the JAR like we do at the MACC, but it's certainly understandable. :D

Besides, we've got MAC, Reese and Jacoby trophies and banners to appreciate, but thanks for thinking about us.
01-23-2005 07:56 PM
His Dudeness Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

"REALIST,"

Whether it's wagon wheels, stolen tires or remnants of the rubber industry, just remember -- it's still Akron.
01-24-2005 08:30 AM
Advertisement

FunkmasterFlash Offline
1st String

So when the last time the Zippy's made the post-season 03-lol
01-24-2005 06:23 PM
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Flashfan, thanks for the warm welcome. I've been a lurker on here for quite awhile...it feels good to post about my beloved Flashes.

Just when you think you've seen it all, you see something that makes you say what the hell???? Like when a Zipper tries to talk basketball smack with a Flashes fan. WOW.

Realist: All I have to say is Kent now has a Glenville player on the roster. You have to start somewhere, and I have little doubt there's more that will be coming..... Kent has so much more to offer (facilities, tradition, education, campus, etc.) than that crappy urban school called Univ. of crAkron. Weren't they Div. 1AA not too long ago????? hahahahahaha!!!!
01-24-2005 08:06 PM
REALIST Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Crappies

My name is realist and I am one of the internet's trolling losers.
Ignore me.
01-24-2005 08:27 PM
Kflasher Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: March 2get here

I respect The U of A as an institution with a nice tradition of athletics, but "REALIST", you are a complete and utter MORON !!!

Get lost loser. :arse: :arse: :arse: :wave: :wave: :wave:
01-24-2005 09:18 PM
GFlash68 Offline
All American

Crappies

I hear that Akron will have their best recruiting year ever. I am guessing, although I have not heard this, that coach Martin is going to pull a few surprises on signing day. I do not know why I have this hunch. My guess is that the coaches are on the road in other regions because silence is obvious in Kent. Martin is not lazy, so wait and see.
01-25-2005 10:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.