Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lack of Pride
nashvillegoldenflash Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I don't believe that this year's players share the same pride in wearing the Kent State uniform as former KSU players. When a Daily Kent State reporter once asked Kyrem Massey "what is the best thing about Kent State basketball?," Kyrem stated the following:

"Just the winning atmosphere. The fact that everyday I can go in the locker room and put a shirt on that says Kent State. It just makes you feel proud of what you're doing and makes you feel great that you're out there representing such great people at Kent. It's just a great feeling."

Only time will tell whether this year's players have the same pride that Kyrem and other former Kent players had when they played at Kent. Maybe they will be able to turn things around, but at this juncture it appears that this year's Flashes don't know what it truly means to wear the Kent State uniform and represent the university.
01-16-2005 07:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KStud Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Can we have one giant thread where we can all cry together instead of eight different ones? :rolleyes:
Pride is a tough thing to measure. I am going to err on the side of caution yet knowing this is still mid-January.
01-17-2005 12:29 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Well, we all did complain the the last two years our team peaked too soon. Maybe they are saving energy for March. 03-wink
At this point all that matters is how good we are in the MAC tourney. You know we only had ONE year as the #1 seed anyway. Our bread and butter has been to beat higher seeded teams. And after all this, no other team in the east has any advantage on us: not one road win for anyone. 11-9 could win the east at this rate.
We have 3 home games to win this week and we will be back on track.
01-17-2005 08:10 AM
Flashketball Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

KStud Wrote:Can we have one giant thread where we can all cry together instead of eight different ones? :rolleyes:
Pride is a tough thing to measure.
I hear you Stud...Both statements. Pride, leadership, whatever. I've said it before and I'll say it again; If you follow a team that shoots 22 threes a game, you're gonna see merciless beatings. Period. No team can dominate an entire season from behind the arc. So why do they shoot the three so much, even with lanes to the bucket open? Well, they must be allowed... Start the questions there. This is a young team. They need to be disciplined. Evidently they aren't scared of what happens for taking an ill-advised three. The talent and athleticism to take it to the hole is there, yet no one really seems compelled to do so.

A couple of quick numbers: Geno Ford scored 663 points from behind the arc in high school. He scored 697 from the foul line. You have an incredible basketball mind sitting beside you JC, use it!
01-17-2005 05:44 PM
Flashfan88 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I'm crying with you guys :(

I hope they can come together in the next three games and work through this before their next road game.
As a fan, I can take getting beat but not the lack of hustle that this team used to pride themselves on.
Maybe there are other problems behind the scenes that we don't know, but this team is way to talented to
go out and play the way they have the last two games.

Still a lot of season to get the ship right.........

Go Flashes!!!
01-17-2005 08:09 PM
Advertisement

KStud Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Flashketball,
Apparently something is being done as Haynes, Gates and Youngblood did not start. 04-rock
I would probably go back to the regular lineup Wednesday, but it never hurts to shake it up.
01-18-2005 01:32 AM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State

Yikes! I could not follow the Flashes from the southern Pacific, and it seems the WMU and OU games were to be missed.

Intangibles seem to be missing here, ironically so as they have been our strength. We always had more heart than talent. I hope we can get "IT" back quickly down the stretch. If we have a great February and better March, this ugliness will be forgotten.

FSU helped out our RPI the other night with the win over Wake Forest.
01-23-2005 03:57 PM
BlueFlash Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

FlashFan, you also missed KSU alums (the refs) saving us in the game against UB

(see the travesty thread on the main MAC board 03-wink )
01-23-2005 04:52 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State

Wel,, I have to admit having two basketball alums ref a game looks bad. I don't think they did us any favors, but it would be nice to have a clean win without that whining.

This artilce from the Stater makes me feel a little better about the leadership. Maybe it's a matter of having Younblood, Warz and Crenshaw understand our system a little better. Hope we can finally break the road losing streak at Toledo Saturday.

[quote]Point guard DeAndre Haynes tried to organize a players-only practice after a 26-point loss Saturday at Ohio.

There was one problem.

“We called a practice after the game, but they were setting up for the gymnastics,
01-23-2005 06:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.