Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JC Performance
0923dwdw Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

04-rock Christian is not going tomake it. This is the third year in a row his team has died. I predict they will lose their last 7 games (maybe eight if they end up a 9 seed). They have already lost 3 in a row. No player is playing too many minutes this year so that excuse doesn't hold water. I am really concerned.
02-19-2005 09:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ksu315 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

JC and a fan had words on the way to the lockerroom after the game. I know fans can be brutal and i'm sure he was very upset afterwards but in the last 3 games he has called his team out twice in the media and had words with a fan.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't win again this season. Nothing else is working why not give the 6 guys sitting on their ****** on the bench a chance. The shooting can't get worse can it?
02-19-2005 09:48 PM
BlueFlash Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

KSU315, I agree. Give Meechie a shot, and Scott. ksu315, you go to all the home games right? If so, is meechie always in the center when they do that thing before tipoff? It almost seems like he is the emotional leader, and he never plays. Let them play. The next four don't mean anything, only the games in cleveland.
02-19-2005 09:53 PM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:

My opinion. They didn't play that badly. They just didn't shoot worth a darn. If they shoot at all in the first half, they don't spot SIU a 12 point halftime lead. Despite missing a couple layups, they still took the lead in the second half. Then they go stone cold shooting again.

SIU is a top 25 team. Kent shot poorly and still hung in there for most of the game.

I'm not really too upset with this game.
02-19-2005 09:56 PM
Advertisement

ksu315 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Yes i do go to all the home games and meechie is always in the middle and during the starting lineups he's got a personal "high five/dance" for all the players. He does seem to be the ultimate team player and is always trying to get the team fired up. What from i have seem from him on the floor, his shot isn't the greatest (but neither is anyone else) but he does seem to be a good passer and rebounder.

SIU was very impressive. Great ball movement and unselfishnish, combined with tough D. A quality low post presence and they are sweet 16 material. Hopefully we learned something from them.

If we don't win a couple more we may go on the road for the first and not even make it to the Gund. UGGH
02-19-2005 10:04 PM
nashvillegoldenflash Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I have to defend Christian after seeing this game. You can't blame the coach when your players are missing layups and free throws. The team did not look to me to be poorly coached. They just are not very good shooters. Until they learn to shoot better, they are not going to win. Do you honestly think Geno Ford or anyone else can do a better job coaching this team? The team is inconsistent shooting the ball because the players do not have very good form when they shoot. Edwin probably has the best shooting touch on the team and even he is inconsistent shooting the ball. Quite honestly, I could have easily outshot everyone of them from the perimeter when I was 18. As a coach, I would not allow them to shoot from outside unless they could prove to me in practice that they could make their shots from that range. But when you don't have a strong presence inside, it makes it difficult to score in the paint. Blaming Christian for the teams' performance is foolish. I am just as discouraged as anyone, but will not blame the coach when players can't make easy baskets.
02-19-2005 10:31 PM
Flashy Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I said 82-67 and it was 65-54. I gave our offense too much credit and SIU was even more solid than expected. I fear our head coach and PG are in a battle of personal wills because the glares between the two are killer. Does not bode well to reach 20 wins again.

The talent is their but their is not the bond or communication on this team like the recent overachievers. This bunch seems to level off. The fire from Cutley was apparent early in the game but not down the stretch. In the past a Gates or Huffman would have willed a strong run. Now Haynes and company wilt and bicker with coaches on the bench.

Go ahead, call me names ans shoot me down but I am right and was the only one here who calle the game the way it went. 03-banghead
02-20-2005 06:34 AM
Advertisement

ksu315 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

These are JC's players and his recruits so i think he does need to take some of the blame as he should have know their strengths and weaknesses during recruiting. Now we are stuck with a bunch of 6-3 to 6-7 players who can't shoot combined with little inside presence. Not a good combo.
02-20-2005 10:42 AM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State

Gimme a friggin' break. Crenshaw was the leading scorer in DPL averaging 39ppg.
Haynes shot the light out on several occasions in his KSU career, including last year's BB. Why do you think he was selected as a pre season all MAC team?
Edwin was POTY in his Illinois prep league. As for the inside presence, we are about as big as any MAC team. Just how many 7'0 guys to you see floating around preps leagues ready to sign up for the MAC, anyway?

Actually, shooting is one of the easiest fundamentals to fix. This team needs lots and lots of reps, and I bet they get it over the summer. The bright spot for me is that the tougher things to coach, such as defensive intensity, are still there. Think of how many times yesterday we could not capitalize on a D stop or turnover because of lousy offensive execution.

Last point, if Geno Ford can't progress the guards...whom he coaches...what makes you think he'd do any better with the rest of the team? I'm with nashville on this...NO coach can go put it in the hole for them.
02-20-2005 11:03 AM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I suppose next, Flashy, you are going to tell us about the love fest between Huffman and Health. Even though their shouting matches in the locker room stopped, it was apparent all the way through the run there was not much more than toleration between the two.

J.C. is far from perfect and I only hope he is learning from this experience. If not, I may be just as frustrated as you next year. But, please, the looks back to the fab five as "perfect" and to this team as "dogs" is just too extreme, even for you.
02-20-2005 11:22 AM
Advertisement

The Flash Offline
All American

Let's face it. It has been talked about before and it is obvious that this team lacks chemistry and it's due to the fact that most of the guys have not played together before. They haven't gelled yet and probably won't do so until next year. The intangbiles of knowing where each other is and what each other's strengths are isn't there. They are a year away. I don't want to face it yet, but there will not be a 20 win season this year and they will be lucky to get to the Gund at all.

Here's hoping I'm wrong, but it looks like wait until next year for this crew... :(
02-20-2005 01:50 PM
FunkmasterFlash Offline
1st String

I'm not calling for JC's head, but I don't know how anyone can think they look like a well coached team at this point. The main reason for their shooting woes this years is they point have the patience to wait to get an inside shot. Of course they missed half their layups yesterday when they did get down low. 03-banghead
02-20-2005 03:30 PM
0822dwdw Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I started all this. I did not suggest Gino Ford as a replacement. All I said was all three years JC's team has gotten worse at the end of the season. This usually is not a good sign. How often does a Bob Lindsey team get worse as the season progresses (barring injuries of course)? Some players seem to be regressing or stagnant. EG Haynes, Crenshaw, Youngblood and even Cutley. I will admit the last two games were better than I expected and maybe (I hope) I'll eat my words.
02-27-2005 07:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.