Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ball State defied the odds
Bookmark and Share
LongtimeFan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

It is remarkable that Ball State, a team that won only five games in the past two seasons, led the state of Indiana and the MAC in the number of NFL draft selections this year. The Cardinals' having had three players drafted despite the lack of success of its team in wins and losses should provide ample proof that talent, hard work and dedication will be recognized and rewarded no matter what. It's a tribute to the young men and their coaches.

It also shows what a lack of depth can do to a team regardless of individual talent. When Ball State improves its depth, and it appears much progress has been made in the past two recruiting classes, it will be back contending for the MAC championship once again.
04-25-2005 10:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!

LongtimeFan Wrote:...it will be back contending for the MAC championship once again.
They contended once?
04-25-2005 10:44 AM
LongtimeFan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Since you apparently were born yesterday, Redwingtom, here is a little history on MAC football for you:

1. Since Ball State joined the MAC in 1973, only Miami (6) has won more MAC championships than Ball State (5). Toledo and Marshall also have won 5. Your Falcons have won 4.

2. BG's last MAC championship came in 1992. Ball State has had two championships since then--1993 and 1996.

3. MAC championships since 1973: Miami 6, Ball State 5, Toledo 5, Marshall 5, Central Michigan 4, Bowling Green 4, Eastern Michigan 1, Western Michigan 1, Northen Illinois 1, Kent State 0, Akron 0, Ohio 0, Buffalo 0.

So, in answer to your question, Redwingtom, not only has Ball State contended for MAC championships in football, they have won more than their share of championships and have won twice since your Falcons last won one.
04-25-2005 11:47 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

Forgive me for not wasting all afternoon researching the last time BS had a winning football team :rolleyes:

See you in September...we will try to keep it under 70 so as not to harm your fragile psyche.
04-25-2005 01:03 PM
LongtimeFan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

My psyche is just fine, thank you. And I'm not the slightest bit concerned about it come Sept. 10 when your team comes to town. I provided the history for you so you would have some idea of what you are talking about before you next decide to spout out something foolish. :)
04-25-2005 01:55 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

LongtimeFan Wrote:My psyche is just fine, thank you. And I'm not the slightest bit concerned about it come Sept. 10 when your team comes to town. I provided the history for you so you would have some idea of what you are talking about before you next decide to spout out something foolish. :)
Relax skippy...I was just trying to be humorous. Besides...no once cares about BS football besides you so I doubt most know or care about your incredible historical football past. But at least you do have 'some' type of 'recent?' success...unlike NIU which can't ever even beat Toledo. 03-lol

And good to know you are not worried about the azz-whooping you are going to get in September...and unlike last year, we have a more than capable back-up QB who will not let up in the fourth quarter this time.

ENJOY!! 04-rock
04-25-2005 02:21 PM
Advertisement

HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Redwingtom Wrote:
LongtimeFan Wrote:My psyche is just fine, thank you. And I'm not the slightest bit concerned about it come Sept. 10 when your team comes to town. I provided the history for you so you would have some idea of what you are talking about before you next decide to spout out something foolish.  :)
Relax skippy...I was just trying to be humorous. Besides...no once cares about BS football besides you so I doubt most know or care about your incredible historical football past. But at least you do have 'some' type of 'recent?' success...unlike NIU which can't ever even beat Toledo. 03-lol

And good to know you are not worried about the azz-whooping you are going to get in September...and unlike last year, we have a more than capable back-up QB who will not let up in the fourth quarter this time.

ENJOY!! 04-rock
You're some kinda dumb BG fan to be quoting UT's dominance over an opponent when you know damn well that your own team doesn't come close to the same dominance.
04-25-2005 03:07 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

HuskieDan Wrote:
Redwingtom Wrote:
LongtimeFan Wrote:My psyche is just fine, thank you. And I'm not the slightest bit concerned about it come Sept. 10 when your team comes to town. I provided the history for you so you would have some idea of what you are talking about before you next decide to spout out something foolish.  :)

ENJOY!! 04-rock
You're some kinda dumb BG fan to be quoting UT's dominance over an opponent when you know damn well that your own team doesn't come close to the same dominance.
BG owns a comfortable lead in their career meetings with UT. We both have the same amount of MAC Championships...granted theirs are more recent...but those things are cyclical. BTW - I never claimed we were dominant over UT...BS is another matter!

And it has been almost ten years since either UT or BG has won two games in a row in the series.

Again...I was trying to make a joke...sorry you are sooooo sensitive. Ligthen up Frances...this is just a meaningless message board.

Now who is stupid?
04-26-2005 07:05 AM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Redwingtom Wrote:Now who is stupid?
Still you. I wasn't talking about BG vs UT.
04-26-2005 10:39 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

HuskieDan Wrote:
It's about time. That shoe was just hanging there for a really long time. :D
04-26-2005 10:40 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Nasty Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Donators

" Forgive me for not wasting all afternoon researching the last time BS had a winning football team..."

Douche Bag Says WHAT???

Ahh...how soon they forget their own miserable suffering.

Uh -Tommy ( or Skippy or Frances or whatever the F) go back to picking your butt and sniffing your fingers
04-26-2005 10:55 AM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

HuskieDan Wrote:
Okay hot-shot...you wanna compare the BG-NIU series? You might not like what you find there either! Have fun losing to the rockets...AGAIN!!!
04-26-2005 11:02 AM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Redwingtom Wrote:
HuskieDan Wrote:
Okay hot-shot...you wanna compare the BG-NIU series? You might not like what you find there either! Have fun losing to the rockets...AGAIN!!!
Do you seriously think I give a damn about what happened before 2000?

Again, I never thought I'd see that day that a BG fan would use UT victories to talk smack. :rolleyes: The least you could do is try to steal rocketfootball's signon before you do that.
04-26-2005 12:29 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

How many have we won in a row against NIU, btw? :D
04-26-2005 12:31 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC

Oddball Wrote:How many have we won in a row against NIU, btw? :D
I don't care to look it up, but I think it's just the alignment of the planets or sheer coincidence or something. There can't be anything to it. How can a team with names like Gradkowski and Scooter be that good, anyway? :(
04-26-2005 12:56 PM
BGSUalum1987 Offline
Noah's Dad

I Root For: BGSU!

NIU007 Wrote:
Oddball Wrote:How many have we won in a row against NIU, btw?  :D
I don't care to look it up, but I think it's just the alignment of the planets or sheer coincidence or something. There can't be anything to it. How can a team with names like Gradkowski and Scooter be that good, anyway? :(
I think Oddball was actually taking a swipe at BG - e.g. we lost to NIU last year.
04-26-2005 01:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

BGSUalum1987 Wrote:
NIU007 Wrote:
I think Oddball was actually taking a swipe at BG - e.g. we lost to NIU last year.
No, but feel free to take it that way. :D
04-26-2005 01:17 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC

BGSUalum1987 Wrote:
NIU007 Wrote:
Wasn't sure who he was swiping. In any case, we didn't really need to be reminded of a certain streak against a certain team. :rolleyes:
04-26-2005 01:28 PM
sarasotahuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Donators

I don't know about Ball State. For years, they thought I was a donor.

In another life, I published a trade magazine that used BSU's
Telecommunications Lab to do comparative testing of networking
equipment. (They did an excellent job in the lab.)

BSU apparently decided to count the lab fees as donations and
took my name off the check signature to add to the donor list.
My name is James *******. They misread the James as Jama.
They then must have decided that Jama is a female name. For
years I got mailings of annual reports, invitations to the Presidents
Dinner, solicitations etc. - all addressed to Ms. Jama *******.

It greatly amused my co-workers.

ps I go by Jim, so leave it alone.
04-26-2005 01:30 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

sarasotahuskie Wrote:ps I go by Jim, so leave it alone.
Anything you say, Ms. Jama.
04-26-2005 01:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.