Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Write your MAC presidents and ADs.
Bookmark and Share
bronco67 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I’d like to have Temple in the MAC, but not without their basketball. MAC fans should write your university president and athletic director (a letter…not email) and tell them "Temple basketball must come with Temple football. If they can’t bring their basketball we should reject their football."
04-26-2005 08:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

midlandchip Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I think this is a done deal Bronco. My guess is the MAC leadership will take Temple with or without their basketball program. Why I don't know - it makes no sense to me at all. But whether we like it or hate it, we will all be learning to deal with it. From Central Florida to Temple - two mistakes in a row.
04-26-2005 10:08 PM
PA Owl Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

i am a temple graduate and fan. i also like the MAC conference. The Mac conference Presidents and Athletic Directors must believe there will be no shake up in 2010 like many belive in the east and Temple will thern come in for all sports.

Our football program if it wins will draw people. unfortunately this coming year, few teams could win with that schedule
At Arizona State
At Wisconsin
Miami FL
At virginia
At Clemson in Death Valley
Maryland
not to mention the best of the mac in
Bowling Green
Toledo
Miami OH
and Western Michigan
Navy
compliments of our idiot athletic director, Bill Bradshaw

03-banghead
04-26-2005 11:38 PM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

PA Owl Wrote:i am a temple graduate and fan. i also like the MAC conference. The Mac conference Presidents and Athletic Directors must believe there will be no shake up in 2010 like many belive in the east and Temple will thern come in for all sports.
I can't recall a MAC official or AD ever saying anything but they more changes could occur in 3 to 5 years.

Toledo's AD was quoted to that effect in the Toledo Free Press last week.

I think they must all be looking at the Big East and figuring something will change.
04-27-2005 06:28 AM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

midlandchip Wrote:I think this is a done deal Bronco. My guess is the MAC leadership will take Temple with or without their basketball program. Why I don't know - it makes no sense to me at all. But whether we like it or hate it, we will all be learning to deal with it. From Central Florida to Temple - two mistakes in a row.
I don't agree that UCF was a mistake. Bringing in UCF was a temporary thing, everyone knew it. Sure they were bad their last two seasons, but think of what MAC teams got out of it. Televison exposure in Florida on the Sunshine network, which brought in recruits. Toledo got like 5 or 6 Florida kids this past February. Just a few years ago we were lucky if we got 1 Florida kid in a recruiting year. Also, a better recognition among some in the South for the MAC.

UCF probably worked out about how Chryst thought it would and I don't think it was a mistake at all. Some of Toledo's better players this year will be kids from Florida. I am sure other teams can say the same.
04-27-2005 07:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bronco67 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

midlandchip Wrote:I think this is a done deal Bronco.  My guess is the MAC leadership will take Temple with or without their basketball program.  Why I don't know - it makes no sense to me at all.  But whether we like it or hate it, we will all be learning to deal with it.  From Central Florida to Temple - two mistakes in a row.
It is not a done deal until the MAC presidents vote. So now is the time to speak up or shut up. Write your MAC ADs and presidents now!
04-27-2005 07:58 AM
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

thanks rocket.... I agree I dont see how we hurt the mac.. U collected an extra 600 k for in and out fees.. we really made nothing $$$$ being in the mac... and U got all the things u stated. I think it was good for the MAC and UCF. To be honest from a east cent fla view... when we joined I said the who??? I had to find out who was in the league... and other than UM of Oh, Toledo, BG and Marshall, I had no idea who these other teams were. I think that was true of most floridians.. now many of us know more and respect the conf more. Before we joined I almost never watched a Mac game on TV... now I often do and will continue to do so. When we joined neither the MAC or UCF could have seen the meltdown that happened in football.. It wont last very long.. we will be better this year..3 to 5 wins... Next year I think we have a real shot at a bowl... will be a pretty mature team by then with 7 home games... hopefully in a brand new on campus stadium. good luck MAC
04-27-2005 08:36 AM
Schadenfreude Offline

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

rocketfootball Wrote:I don't agree that UCF was a mistake. Bringing in UCF was a temporary thing, everyone knew it.
I agree.
04-27-2005 08:39 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Schadenfreude Wrote:
rocketfootball Wrote:I don't agree that UCF was a mistake.  Bringing in UCF was a temporary thing, everyone knew it.
I agree.
UCF was good for the MAC and the MAC was good for UCF.

Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinal felt that UCF had found their "Weight Class" in the MAC.

Who knew that they would self destruct?

If you had been to a MAC game at the Citrus Bowl, you would have seen tons of MI, OH, IL plates. Florida has the snowbird factor, which is a unique tie-in to the midwest.

Doubt they will see many Tennessee plates at the Citrus.

UCF could have helped Florida exposure and recruiting for the MAC. They have the potential to be very good.
04-27-2005 08:53 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I liked UCF in the MAC, and wish them well in the future. I'll miss most of their fans, too, except for a certain one who will probably never leave. :D
04-27-2005 08:56 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

Oddball Wrote:I liked UCF in the MAC, and wish them well in the future. I'll miss most of their fans, too, except for a certain one who will probably never leave. :D
:rofl: :ownd:
04-27-2005 09:06 AM
Advertisement

BGSUalum1987 Offline
Noah's Dad

I Root For: BGSU!

PA Owl Wrote:The Mac conference Presidents and Athletic Directors must believe there will be no shake up in 2010 like many belive in the east and Temple will thern come in for all sports.

What leads you to this conclusion?

BTW, it is the MAC, NOT MAC Conference. The "MAC" stands for Mid-American Conference, hence saying MAC Conference is like saying Mid-American Conference Conference.

PA Owl Wrote:Our football program if it wins will draw people.

If I could run the 40 in 4.25 and absorb big hits, I could play in the NFL.

I have serious doubts about Temple's ability to turn its program around and even greater doubts about its ability to fill The Linc, especially with a slate full of MAC teams. I find it hard to believe that folks around here are going to regularly flock to South Philly to see Buffalo play Temple.

PA Owl Wrote:unfortunately this coming year, few teams could win with that schedule

Yup, your schedule looks pretty tough, no doubt. But you have to do something to fill the coffers now that your slice of the Big East bowl money has been taken away.

Don't despair quite yet, sounds like your schedule isn't quite set in stone, either.
04-27-2005 09:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
exCincy Kid1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

The MAC/UCF "marriage of conveniences" was OK if UCF administration and Coaches hadn't been so clueless and tactless in their public comments about the MAC. I guess the TV exposure in Florida didn't hurt, and I know Miami alums down there came out to watch us play down there, but all in all I can't label the experiment as a success.....neutral at best.
04-27-2005 10:05 AM
PA Owl Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

even if our owls schedule games for money would anyone play eight or nine bowl teams in a year. i only hope that nobody in the MAC has an Athletic Director or President like ours. they are Moe and Curly,we just need to find out who Larry is.

good luck and i hope we are in the mac in the near future. It feels like an eternity, waiting to see if we will be accepted. However if we are in, you are all certainly welcome to tailgate with us if you come to the Linc in Philly 03-wink
04-27-2005 06:59 PM
CAJUNNATION Offline
1st String

I Root For: Western Civilization

Schadenfreude Wrote:
PA Owl Wrote:i am a temple graduate and fan. i also like the MAC conference. The Mac conference Presidents and Athletic Directors must believe there will be no shake up in 2010 like many belive in the east and Temple will thern come in for all sports.
I can't recall a MAC official or AD ever saying anything but they more changes could occur in 3 to 5 years.

Toledo's AD was quoted to that effect in the Toledo Free Press last week.

I think they must all be looking at the Big East and figuring something will change.
Crystal ball?

Yes.

What do you see in 5 years?

It's a little fuzzy.

Could you guess?

O.K.

2010 CUSA

Houston/Tulane/Southern Miss/Memphis/UAB/East Carolina/Marshall/Miami/Toledo

UCF to Big East
UTEP to MWC
SMU/Rice/Tulsa to SBC
Louisiana Tech to SBC
04-27-2005 07:19 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Now why would Toledo and Miami join the same conference they've already declined membership in? 03-confused
04-27-2005 07:41 PM
Advertisement

Schadenfreude Offline

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Oddball Wrote:Now why would Toledo and Miami join the same conference they've already declined membership in? 03-confused
Also: ****** Zell Miller.
04-27-2005 07:49 PM
CAJUNNATION Offline
1st String

I Root For: Western Civilization

Oddball Wrote:Now why would Toledo and Miami join the same conference they've already declined membership in? 03-confused
If true, good point.

Like I said, I'm guessing.

-less teams, less travel than previous offer
-greater revenue sharing than previous offer
-football lineup equal to or better than MWC(BCS bid)

Actually, I've got a few scenarios, but they all hinge on 2 key moves.
1)UCF to Big East(likely)
2)UTEP to MWC(50/50)

Look, I don't care one way or another. If the above happens, I don't think CUSA should do anything . 10 is perfect.

However, CUSA would be left with a 4 private/6 public split. The inner political differences could be enough to tear it apart. Since, the publics have the advantage, the privates are gone, and maybe keeping Tulane as CUSA's Vanderbilt.

It's all about common vision and goals for your conference.
04-27-2005 08:28 PM
RocketWolverine Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Schadenfreude Wrote:
Greatest politician in our era.
04-27-2005 08:55 PM
sarasotahuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Donators

RocketWolverine Wrote:
Schadenfreude Wrote:
Greatest politician in our era.
Hey RW -

You seem to know everything about ... well everything.
Except you appear to be confused about your future.

I'd like to heartily recommend a choice for you;
Bob Jone University, Liberty University or, perhaps,
Oral Roberts. I hope that one of these can offer you
a program that will give you a positive direction in life.

AMDG,
Sarasota
04-27-2005 10:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.