MAC FB WK#1
Bookmark and Share
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:

UT and BGSU-winners
Rest of the MAC lose.
Conference after week #1 (2-9)
Best chances of winning outside of BG and UT:NIU@UM and Miami@OSU.
04-30-2005 11:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mossmaidi Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

As much as I'd like to see NIU beat UofM, I don't think it will be a close game at all. I think of UofM runs away with it 42-17. I'll be rooting for the Huskies though and hope they prove me wrong!!!

As for Miami, I think they'll put a scare in Ohio State. I think OSU wins as much as I hate them. If Betts can be consistent and Ryne Robinson has a couple of big plays, Miami could surprise some people. Advantage for Miami is that Troy Smith will be suspended I believe for the first game, I could be wrong. I think it also depends on them containing Ginn, make sure to kick away from him each time!

Overall, I think NIU and Miami are capable of pulling the upset, but we'll see what happens.

As for BG, I think they win 38-28 and Omar tosses 4TDs!!!!
04-30-2005 03:33 PM
OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats

Ohio at Northwestern could be a close game. With Ohio defense and Northwestern breaking in a new quarterback(I believe that is correct) This game could be competitive. Northwestern isn't top 25 material and Ohio will be pumped out for Solich.
04-30-2005 05:05 PM
Advertisement

FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State

Flashes will open at an expected to be improved Michigan State. I imagine that we will carry on our tradition of losing the opener, except for two years ago when we beat Akron.

I am more excited to get a first look a Machen than expecting a win. Without a spring game, he's like a phantom. Martin said Machen had a "fantastic" spring practice, showing a "real knack for the game" but who knows? And, what's he supposed to say: "The kid can't hit the broad side of a barn and we're scr**ed"?

So, I'm looking forward to September 3.
04-30-2005 05:14 PM
Doggone Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU

OUBOBCATJOHN Wrote:Ohio at Northwestern could be a close game. With Ohio defense and Northwestern breaking in a new quarterback(I believe that is correct)
Northwestern's QB returns and will be a 3 year starter.
04-30-2005 09:42 PM
Advertisement

elpalito Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

hm..OSU's defense against our O-line is key...and i don't like the chances. Miami won't be able to run at all, so they'll have to take to the air. Betts will need time though, and those LBs for OSU are fast.
04-30-2005 10:39 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I don't remember the name of the young kid Miami started rotating in last year at RB, but I wouldn't completely rule out having a running game against the Buckeyes next season. He looks like he's going to be dangerous.
05-01-2005 06:51 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats

That guy is still there. Well, we better find those safteys. He torched TCU last year. Hope they have that kicker back too. 03-wink
05-01-2005 10:34 PM
mattsledge Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Miami

Oddball Wrote:I don't remember the name of the young kid Miami started rotating in last year at RB, but I wouldn't completely rule out having a running game against the Buckeyes next season. He looks like he's going to be dangerous.
That would be Brandon Murphy, you raging dork. Remember the name.

<a href='http://muredhawks.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/murphy_brandon00.html' target='_blank'>http://muredhawks.collegesports.com/sports..._brandon00.html</a>

forgot to add: He's only a sophomore heading into this upcoming year. Yowza!
05-01-2005 10:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Raging Whale *****? Oh well, I've had worse pet names. 03-razz

Murphy is the kid I meant. He's an impressive runner, as opposed to the guy you had for the last few years who managed to fall down for 4 yds a carry.
05-02-2005 07:28 AM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.