Plain Dealer Story
Bookmark and Share
JVWOwls86 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Temple will join MAC in football
Sunday, May 15, 2005
Elton Alexander Plain Dealer Reporter

Mid-American Conference sources confirmed Temple University will join the conference as a full football member with possible postseason benefits this season. An announcement is expected Tuesday.

There will be a six-year initial agreement. The Owls will be an affiliate member in 2005 and 2006 with full membership to the East Division in 2007.

Although this is a football-only deal, there will be schedule relationships in all sports, including more than 45 men's and women's basketball games.
The Owls will be eligible for bowl selection by the MAC's bowl affiliates, the GMAC Bowl in Mobile, Ala., and the Motor City Bowl in Detroit. The Owls will play four games against MAC teams this year, six in 2006 and eight in 2007. They will be part of the MAC's football TV package beginning this season.

<a href='http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/111614953019330.xml&coll=2' target='_blank'>Owls</a>

05-15-2005 07:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC

Time for our WKU fans to weigh in.

How do you say: WKU to MAC in '07!!!

05-15-2005 08:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

emu steve Wrote:Time for our WKU fans to weigh in.

How do you say: WKU to MAC in '07!!!
Yeah. Exactly what I was thinking. Their stadium expansion will be done by then I believe and they should be ready to transition to I-A in football.

05-15-2005 11:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.