Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thank you to the MAC fans
Bookmark and Share
Papreps Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

It just seems that way.
Err, by accident, we're probably the only MAC team to have beaten Virginia Tech, Boston College, Pitt, Syracuse (twice), Rutgers (four in a row) and West Virginia in the past seven years.
We've had our moments in the past. You're invited to check out my modest blog.

<a href='http://templefootballforever.blogspot.com' target='_blank'>http://templefootballforever.blogspot.com</a><a href='http://templefootballforever.blogspot.com/' target='_blank'>My Webpage</a> :wave:

05-26-2005 10:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

I hope Temple does well in the MAC.

In 2003 Toledo beat Pittsburgh 35-31. The Panthers were ranked #9 in the country at the time. We've never played Virginia Tech, and haven't played West Virginia in nearly 30 years. Unfortunately we are 0-2 against Syracuse since 1999 and 0-1 against BC with the loss being in the 2002 MCB. We've never played Rutgers before either.

05-26-2005 11:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NJ Schmitty Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Quote:we're probably the only MAC team to have beaten Virginia Tech, Boston College, Pitt, Syracuse (twice), Rutgers (four in a row) and West Virginia in the past seven years
I may be wrong, Papreps', but I believe that Toledo went up to Happy Valley some time back and shocked the Nits in their own den. That's a trophy we've never been able to bag....home or away.
__________________ 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow _________________

Quote:Thank you to the MAC fans
I share Papreps' gratitude for the general warm welcome you've given us on this forum. And by warm, I don't mean mushy warm.....you've taken your shots at us and that's fine. We'll shoot back and hopefully what we lack in etiquette and diplomacy we'll compensate for in civility and good humor.

--------------------

Quote:Steven Wright Quote of the day - I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.

--------------------

And now..... in an effort to capture the nausiating aura of this pseudo-lovefest.....Spidey and Mock-Monkey will do a special performance of "I feel the love, you douchebags".

05-26-2005 11:43 PM
Advertisement

rocketfootball Offline
Legend

NJ Schmitty Wrote:
Quote:we're probably the only MAC team to have beaten Virginia Tech, Boston College, Pitt, Syracuse (twice), Rutgers (four in a row) and West Virginia in the past seven years
I may be wrong, Papreps', but I believe that Toledo went up to Happy Valley some time back and shocked the Nits in their own den. That's a trophy we've never been able to bag....home or away.
__________________ 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow _________________
Yes, we beat Penn State 24-6 back in 2000....in Happy Valley. We actually led 17-0 at halftime and 24-0 in the 3rd quarter, before Penn State scored their lone TD late in that quarter.

Our star running back, a junior that year, had his coming out party with 141 yards rushing in the game. His backup had 74 yards rushing as well. We had 385 total yards compared to just 166 total yards for Penn State. And now the big stat..........we had 40:19 in time of possession, compared to 19:41 for Penn State. It was total domination and a thing of beauty. The Penn State fans were in shock and totally quiet..........all 100K of them! :D

05-27-2005 07:39 AM
NJ Schmitty Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Quote:Yes, we beat Penn State 24-6 back in 2000....in Happy Valley.

Now THAT's the MAC we want to be a part of.

Believe me the Owl would give his left nut to be able to do the same....and we will have three shots coming up soon.

--------------------

Quote:Steven Wright Quote of the day - I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.

05-27-2005 10:43 AM
Advertisement

rocketfootball Offline
Legend

NJ Schmitty Wrote:
Quote:Yes, we beat Penn State 24-6 back in 2000....in Happy Valley.

Now THAT's the MAC we want to be a part of.

Believe me the Owl would give his left nut to be able to do the same....and we will have three shots coming up soon.

--------------------

I'm envious of your new 2 for 1 deal with Penn State. Our game against them back in 2000 was a 1 game road only deal. After we beat them, Joe Paterno said he wouldn't play Toledo again becuase we were a very good football program and not respected enough so it looked really bad if they lost to us.

I know we have tried to schedule them since, offering a 2 for 1 and even a 3 for 1, but they have said no. Maybe we will have a chance when Paterno retires.

I know that Joe Tiller said that he would never play Toledo again after we beat them 36-22 in the season opener back in 1997 (Tiller's first game as Purdue head coach), and we just recently signed a new 2 for 1 deal that has Purdue coming to Toledo in 2007.

05-27-2005 10:55 AM
cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

a TU fan posted on Owlscoop the composite record vrs. MAC teams and w/l records vrs each team played.

How could TU possibly be a miserable 1-9 vrs Buffalo with the most recent game played in 1970?

Buiffalo has not been very good for a very long time, once abandoned playing 1-a football and only recently returned to 1-a.

1-9 ? ---- yikes !

05-27-2005 05:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MH55 Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Yo Dawg,

That record also reflected games played against the Buffalo BILLS too ....!!!

We're still very down but, I expect TU to play .500 ball vs the MAC this year. In 2-3 years, Temple will dominate your conference.

05-28-2005 04:56 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

MH55 Wrote:Yo Dawg,

That record also reflected games played against the Buffalo BILLS too ....!!!

We're still very down but, I expect TU to play .500 ball vs the MAC this year. In 2-3 years, Temple will dominate your conference.
You face Toledo, BG, Miami and WMU, MH55, which two do you propose knocking off to reach .500?

05-30-2005 07:36 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MH55 Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Temple should handle WMU. Its also time to pay back one of the 2 teams that roughed us up last year. I'm picking Toledo for waltzing into our area to snatch up Philadelphia's Top HS Defensive player. We've got some capable FB players, it is possible and what better time to begin the long climb back to respectability than against our new conference foes.

05-30-2005 08:10 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Look for a worse beating from Toledo than you received last year. Our offense will be more potent, and our new D coordinator has changed the scheme to better fit our personnel.

Miami will be tougher than last season, imo, as I believe that their QB has finally come into his own. Look for a serious beating there.

BG is going to have some drop off this year, particularly early on. Their line took a hit to graduation. That said, they will still beat you rather handily.

I give you a 50/50 shot at WMU.

As for dominating the conference, you're at least 2 or 3 years from even being competitive. The bottom of the MAC, while still bad, have taken steps towards improvement. Our top teams have dominated you, and keep getting better. There is nothing to indicate that Temple is ready to play with them yet.

Temple football has a meatgrinder of a schedule this year. Best of luck with it, but I would expect a very disappointing year. Who knows? Playing such tough competition may pay dividends down the road.

05-30-2005 08:41 AM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.