Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Had a great time in Muncie...
Bookmark and Share
Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Cards played a tough game...they gave BG all it wanted and then some. The atmosphere was fun, the tailgate lot workers were very cordial and helpful and the BSU fans were great. Thanks for the post game fireworks...always a hit with the boys.

I was impressed with BSU's play...they played to win. BG earned that road win last night when most (myself included) thought it would be over by halftime.

I think the Cards can still win 4 or 5 games this year...and that would be a fine accomplishment for a team with only 4 home games vs 7 road games...with a killer schedule.

Good luck the rest of the way and thanks for a good time.

GO FALCONS!
09-11-2005 09:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Papa Lou BSU Offline
1st String

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Glad you enjoyed your trip... I'm disappointed the Cards couldn't pull out the victory, but it sounds as if all who attended had a good time nevertheless...
09-13-2005 02:52 PM
Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Papa Lou BSU Wrote:Glad you enjoyed your trip... I'm disappointed the Cards couldn't pull out the victory, but it sounds as if all who attended had a good time nevertheless...
Papa,

Sure did get nervous for us BG faithful. Good crowd on hand for the game.

It was my 2nd visit to Ball State Stadium (2003 being the other). Great place to see a game.
09-14-2005 02:17 PM
Advertisement

chihuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Papa Lou, How do the Cards look for next year???
12-08-2005 09:53 AM
Papa Lou BSU Offline
1st String

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Sorry for the tardy response...

I think we're looking pretty good going into next year. We'll have something like 17 starters returning, many of whom were underclassmen this year and are bound to only get better (seriously, the number of true freshmen who have seen the field for us the past two years is mind-boggling. We started three true frosh on our O-line this year).

Our defense showed marked improvement this year. That was huge. Our offense showed an ability to move the ball on just about everyone when we were at full strength. (Although we had trouble finishing drives in a few games).

The way I see it, we have three keys this off-season heading into next year: first, we need to keep all our critical personnel healthy and getting stronger. Second, we need to avoid the transfers/defections/general roster turnover that has plagued us the past three years (example: losing 2004 MAC Freshman of the Year, RB Adell Givens, to academics last spring), as well as any silliness like the textbook "scandal" suspensions. Finally, we need to develop a more consistent presence on our line on both sides of the ball.

In addition, we have the opportunity to start the season on a much higher note as opposed to last season, with the way the schedule sets up. We open at home against a MAC opponent on Thursday, Aug. 31st, then follow it up with a home game against Indiana the following week, before traveling to Purdue the week after. We close the month with a 1-AA foe at home. There's a possibility that we may have four home games before October 1st, and our longest road trip during that time will be in-state, only 90 minutes from campus. Our lone heavy-underdog road OOC game is now in early November, after we'll have jelled as a team. That's a pretty good prescription for avoiding the 0-4 starts that we've been suffering lately.

It's far too early to be making predictions on how we will finish. Football is too unpredictable of a sport, and you don't know how injuries are going to affect a team's fortunes. But I think it's safe to say that most BSU fans are looking for the team to be in the thick of things in the West Division next year, and we'll be disappointed if we aren't.
01-11-2006 12:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.