Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Oh My, where have the regulars gone...
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
Oh My, where have the regulars gone...
For the first time I am seeing some posts about not trying for the Big East. Yes, YES, YES, that is what I have been saying all along. That conference is not a good fit for us. Sure, I would love some BCS money/exposure, but why on earth do I want to join that conference?
12-25-2006 06:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chris_young Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: East Carolina
Re: Oh My, where have the regulars gone...
GrayBeard Wrote:For the first time I am seeing some posts about not trying for the Big East. Yes, YES, YES, that is what I have been saying all along. That conference is not a good fit for us. Sure, I would love some BCS money/exposure, but why on earth do I want to join that conference?

To have a chance at National Championship.
12-25-2006 06:35 PM
HowardD11 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU & VCU
GrayBeard Wrote:For the first time I am seeing some posts about not trying for the Big East. Yes, YES, YES, that is what I have been saying all along. That conference is not a good fit for us. Sure, I would love some BCS money/exposure, but why on earth do I want to join that conference?

Sorry GrayBeard, but it's simple: We have a shot at the Big East. We do not have a shot at any other conference. If we stay in Conference USA, and the BCS does not change, we will be playing Appalachian State football in ten years. It's that simple.
12-25-2006 06:58 PM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

I Root For: ACC
SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals
HowardD11 Wrote:we will be playing Appalachian State football in ten years.
Not that playing App. State is a bad thing.
12-25-2006 10:01 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies
MongoSlade Wrote:

Hush
12-25-2006 10:05 PM
HowardD11 Offline
1st String

MongoSlade Wrote:

You just love App State, don't you? Are you in favor of us dropping to 1-AA?
12-25-2006 11:25 PM
Advertisement

ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

HowardD11 Wrote:
MongoSlade Wrote:

Oh dear... dare I break my promise and explain my thoughts to this lad...?
12-26-2006 12:02 AM
william146 Offline
Back in action...

HowardD11 Wrote:
MongoSlade Wrote:

Don't get him started, Howard. Forget you even made this post.

:shhh:
12-26-2006 11:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU

Mongo lives in a two dimensional delusional world. In the first ECU should drop to Div1AA in the second Butch Davis will actually make UnZ competitive in football. lmfao lmfao lmfao
12-26-2006 04:27 PM
HowardD11 Offline
1st String

I'm new guys, you have to forgive me.

Back to the topic at hand:

Graybeard, please, would you enlighten me as to why we would NOT want in to the Big East?
12-26-2006 11:36 PM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

HowardD11 Wrote:I'm new guys, you have to forgive me.

Graybeard, please, would you enlighten me as to why we would NOT want in to the Big East?

There are ECU fans that want to stay in CUSA and ECU fans that want to move to the BigEast. At the end of the day it is the decision of Terry Holland and Steve Ballard and more importantly the BigEast Presidents as to whether or not they expand and who they take.
12-27-2006 05:51 AM
Advertisement

ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

ShoreBuc Wrote:Mongo lives in a two dimensional delusional world. In the first ECU should drop to Div1AA in the second Butch Davis will actually make UnZ competitive in football. lmfao lmfao lmfao
Well.. it's true. Except the part about Mongo living in a 2-D world. 02-13-banana

And for the record, ECU should drop to the "Division 1 Championship Sub-Division" -- there!.. you guys can no longer say Mongo advocates ECU dropping to Division 1-AA.

So, you're saying Butch Davis can't make Carolina competitive, eh...? Wanna make a wager there...? 03-wink
12-27-2006 10:08 AM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

MongoSlade Wrote:
ShoreBuc Wrote:Mongo lives in a two dimensional delusional world. In the first ECU should drop to Div1AA in the second Butch Davis will actually make UnZ competitive in football. lmfao lmfao lmfao
Well.. it's true. Except the part about Mongo living in a 2-D world. 02-13-banana

And for the record, ECU should drop to the "Division 1 Championship Sub-Division" -- there!.. you guys can no longer say Mongo advocates ECU dropping to Division 1-AA.

So, you're saying Butch Davis can't make Carolina competitive, eh...? Wanna make a wager there...? 03-wink

I will make a wager that we beat UNZ next year. I would also be willing to wager that uNz does not win the ACC in the next 5yrs even give you odds on the next 10yrs.
12-27-2006 10:43 AM
HowardD11 Offline
1st String

ShoreBuc Wrote:

There are ECU fans that want to stay in CUSA and ECU fans that want to move to the BigEast. At the end of the day it is the decision of Terry Holland and Steve Ballard and more importantly the BigEast Presidents as to whether or not they expand and who they take.

I can understand that. I just haven't heard an explaination for why we would perfer to stay in CUSA.
12-27-2006 01:23 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

HowardD11 Wrote:
ShoreBuc Wrote:

I can understand that. I just haven't heard an explaination for why we would perfer to stay in CUSA.

I just don't have any love for the NorthEast Conference. We don't have much in common with them. Most of the programs in the Big East are basketball first....we aren't. Most of the programs have pathetic baseball....we don't. I have no hatred for the Big East, but I just don't think that the Big East is a good fit for us. I would love BCS money, but what is the price for getting it?
12-27-2006 02:04 PM
william146 Offline
Back in action...

GrayBeard Wrote:
HowardD11 Wrote:
ShoreBuc Wrote:

I just don't have any love for the NorthEast Conference. We don't have much in common with them. Most of the programs in the Big East are basketball first....we aren't. Most of the programs have pathetic baseball....we don't. I have no hatred for the Big East, but I just don't think that the Big East is a good fit for us. I would love BCS money, but what is the price for getting it?

I think people love the Big East because it's the one BCS conference we actually have a shot at getting into, no matter how far-fetched it seems. Can you see the SEC or ACC inviting ECU? No, but the Big East could. That doesn't mean they will, but it's a possibility.
12-27-2006 02:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HowardD11 Offline
1st String

Well, let's turn this thread it to some kind of productive, no matter how little power us whining fans have (thank God, or else Mongo would have us facing off agianst Davidson).

What other possibilities are there?
01-04-2007 12:18 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

HowardD11 Wrote:What other possibilities are there?

I think the problem is that there really isn't.

While we are smack dab in the middle of ACC country, our Academics (sad to say) are not on par with the ACC. Plus, no way we get support from any of the schools within or outside of NC.

SEC?--That would be a good bet, but I doubt they come knocking.

Big East is possible, but I will wait until I see it happen.

Indy--No way, not again.

Div 1AA--Mongo needs to go.

CUSA--Let's win the dern thing (something we haven't done) and let the rest of the chips fall where they may.
01-04-2007 12:35 PM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

GrayBeard Wrote:

While we are smack dab in the middle of ACC country, our Academics (sad to say) are not on par with the ACC. Plus, no way we get support from any of the schools within or outside of NC.

Indy--No way, not again.

CUSA--Let's win the dern thing (something we haven't done) and let the rest of the chips fall where they may.
You'll be happy to know I will no longer promote "ECU to D1-AA" as the D1-AA label has been retired in favor of "Championship Sub-Division".

In lieu of that, I will start my "ECU to the Championship Sub-Division" rhetoric.

:domokun:

But I will agree ECU needs to win C-USA first.
01-04-2007 02:25 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,

MongoSlade Wrote:
GrayBeard Wrote:

Indy--No way, not again.

You'll be happy to know I will no longer promote "ECU to D1-AA" as the D1-AA label has been retired in favor of "Championship Sub-Division".

In lieu of that, I will start my "ECU to the Championship Sub-Division" rhetoric.

:domokun:

But I will agree ECU needs to win C-USA first.

Just about as bad as UNC needs to win the ACC in football 05-stirthepot 04-jawdrop 04-rock Only thin is ECU is closer to winning CUSA than UNC will ever be in the ACC.
01-04-2007 11:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.