Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Split from "C is for Crunk"
Bookmark and Share
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse

Sophandros Wrote:[Image: music_feature1-2_05.jpg]

Another upstanding Tulane grad?

I can't wait until this rap culture is passe, it is ruining our youth.
06-09-2006 12:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Full Metal Knight Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

TexanMark Wrote:
Sophandros Wrote:[Image: music_feature1-2_05.jpg]

Another upstanding Tulane grad?

Just like the hippie culture lured kids into LSD and Pot?

You know what's ruining our youth? BAD PARENTING!
06-09-2006 01:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sophandros Offline
Gulf Coast Elitist

I Root For: Tulane/Saints

New Orleans Bowl

TexanMark Wrote:Another upstanding Tulane grad?

Lil Jon? Nah, he's just a businessman and a rapper here in Atlanta. Read the article that I linked above.

Yep, "rap culture" has ruined so many people.

Please, define this "rap culture" to me. This ought to be interesting.
06-09-2006 01:35 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

Sophandros Wrote:

Lil Jon? Nah, he's just a businessman and a rapper here in Atlanta. Read the article that I linked above.

Rap Culture: Turn on MTV and watch for yourself. I don't know maybe: girls being treated as pieces of meat, wasting money on blunts, bling and spinners, quitting school cuz it ain't cool, impregnating as many hos as you can and not taking responsibility for themselves, their women, their children and their community. Do I need to go on?

For every rapper who shows some business acumen and plays by standard business practices I'll show you a 100 who don't.
06-09-2006 02:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

I Root For: Pirates!

NCAAbbs LUGDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs

C is also for comedy, and C the thread explode.

Moved these over here because I can't move them to the Spin Room.
06-09-2006 02:31 PM
william146 Offline
Back in action...

I Root For: East Carolina

TexanMark Wrote:
Sophandros Wrote:

Rap Culture: Turn on MTV and watch for yourself. I don't know maybe: girls being treated as pieces of meat, wasting money on blunts, bling and spinners, quitting school cuz it ain't cool, impregnating as many hos as you can and not taking responsibility for themselves, their women, their children and their community. Do I need to go on?

For every rapper who shows some business acumen and plays by standard business practices I'll show you a 100 who don't.

Ok - let's take a look at one of my favorite genres: Classic Rock

(1) Girls being treated as pieces of meat? check
(2) Wasting money on blunts? check
(3) Quitting school cuz it ain't cool? check
(4) Need I go on? didn't think so

Lumping all of those things exclusively into rap culture is ignorant - even some country music i've heard talks about getting drunk and picking up girls in bars.

I find it funny that those that hate rap culture tend to be the ones who have all of their knowledge on the subject from a Dateline or 20/20 piece done in the mid-90's. "It's ruining our youth" ... how old are you? You sound like this generations' version of the parents who thought Elvis or the Rolling Stones were the devil.
06-09-2006 02:46 PM
Advertisement

The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

I hope atleast you can agree that rap has degernated into absolute crap from where it used to be- actually talking about relevant issues.

Now all we get is snap your fingers, shake that @ss, and talking about "it going down in the mall".

Pre fabricated crap!
06-11-2006 10:59 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

The Knight Time Wrote:I hope atleast you can agree that rap has degernated into absolute crap from where it used to be- actually talking about relevant issues.

Now all we get is snap your fingers, shake that @ss, and talking about "it going down in the mall".

Pre fabricated crap!

As a Hip Hop fan I could not agree more.

Rap took a major hit IMO when 2Pac and Biggy were killed. Back in the day it was a lot better with Tribe called Quest, Digital Underground, Da La Soul, Run/DMC, Whodini, NWA, Eric B and Rakim, Public Enemy, BDP, Wu Tang Clan and LL Cool J.

50 Cent, The Game and there "New School" counterparts sucks.
06-11-2006 02:23 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

I'm a rock fan but gave the rap thing a try. Lil John and the other idiots I hear on the radio sent me running for cover.

I still listen to a Tribe called Quest and Outkast time to time.....but for the most part rap these days does nothing for me.

Now, back to my new Tool cd!
06-11-2006 02:29 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

lil John=What, OK and YEAH. That is it.

Ironic that you are a Rock fan and the song that made Rap mainstream was the RUN/DMC-Aerosmith Walk this Way.
06-11-2006 02:47 PM
william146 Offline
Back in action...

there's some good rap out there still (Common, Roots, et. al) but they don't get the mainstream airplay. the only mainstream type rapper that i can tolerate is ludacris, and it's mainly for the humor factor.
06-11-2006 04:34 PM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

Maize Wrote:
The Knight Time Wrote:I hope atleast you can agree that rap has degernated into absolute crap from where it used to be- actually talking about relevant issues.

Pre fabricated crap!

As a Hip Hop fan I could not agree more.

Rap took a major hit IMO when 2Pac and Biggy were killed. Back in the day it was a lot better with Tribe called Quest, Digital Underground, Da La Soul, Run/DMC, Whodini, NWA, Eric B and Rakim, Public Enemy, BDP, Wu Tang Clan and LL Cool J.

50 Cent, The Game and there "New School" counterparts sucks.

"Took a major hit when THEY WERE KILLED! " I rest my case.

The old rockers had there share of trash but they didn't kill each other and travel with a posse of gangsters.
06-12-2006 12:18 AM
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

I Root For: Pirates!

NCAAbbs LUGDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs

TexanMark Wrote:"Took a major hit when THEY WERE KILLED! " I rest my case.

The old rockers had there share of trash but they didn't kill each other and travel with a posse of gangsters.

lmfao

Did you sleep through the '70's and '80's or are you 12?
06-12-2006 07:06 AM
william146 Offline
Back in action...

Lethemeul Wrote:

lmfao

like i said - just another example of someone who knows nothing about rap thinking that they know what they're talking about
06-12-2006 08:36 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

william146 Wrote:
Lethemeul Wrote:

lmfao

like i said - just another example of someone who knows nothing about rap thinking that they know what they're talking about

LOL son I've raised two sons--I'm familiar with the trash called rap and their trash culture ruining a generation of urban youth.

If you are still listening to when you are 30 I'll be surprised

Well not really considering your posting history.
06-12-2006 10:14 AM
william146 Offline
Back in action...

TexanMark Wrote:
william146 Wrote:
Lethemeul Wrote:

lmfao

LOL son I've raised two sons--I'm familiar with the trash called rap and their trash culture ruining a generation of urban youth.

I'm glad you can judge my character by my anonymous internet message board posting "history" (whatever that means) and by the fact that I don't mind some rap. I'm a young american with a wife, young son, and I live in suburban America while working at a corportate job -- and I happen to like some rap music.

You're no different than those parent's paranoid about Elvis or the Rolling Stones back in the day -- both are now considered American icons. I like all types of music, and there's plenty of rap I can't stand, but parent who blame rap for ruining a generation need to take a parenting class or two - kids who have morals and who were raised properly don't let a type of music ruin their character.
06-12-2006 12:54 PM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

william146 Wrote:
TexanMark Wrote:
william146 Wrote:
Lethemeul Wrote:

lmfao

I'm glad you can judge my character by my anonymous internet message board posting "history" (whatever that means) and by the fact that I don't mind some rap. I'm a young american with a wife, young son, and I live in suburban America while working at a corportate job -- and I happen to like some rap music.

You're no different than those parent's paranoid about Elvis or the Rolling Stones back in the day -- both are now considered American icons. I like all types of music, and there's plenty of rap I can't stand, but parent who blame rap for ruining a generation need to take a parenting class or two - kids who have morals and who were raised properly don't let a type of music ruin their character.

My whole point was the rap culture is ruining the foundations of urban youth. You might be able to hold down a job and differentiate between right and wrong and listen to rap. However, the women using, drug and thug worshiping, materialistic, anti-education rap culture is holding back urban and even suburban youth who can't differentiate. You even state that parents can make the difference. Maybe in the suburbs but not in the projects or dysfunctional families.

The Rolling Stones made some great music--icons in music yes--anything else? Hardly. At least Presley served his country and didn't badmouth it.

I apologize about broad brushing your posting history.
06-12-2006 02:00 PM
Sophandros Offline
Gulf Coast Elitist

New Orleans Bowl

TexanMark Wrote:
william146 Wrote:
Lethemeul Wrote:

lmfao

The largest purchasing group of rap CDs is white kids in the suburbs, and they generally don't listen to the stuff that Maize and I listen to.

Your comments are based on ignorance, but that's not surprising anymore.
06-22-2006 09:46 AM
Sophandros Offline
Gulf Coast Elitist

New Orleans Bowl

TexanMark Wrote:
william146 Wrote:
TexanMark Wrote:
william146 Wrote:
Lethemeul Wrote:

lmfao

My whole point was the rap culture is ruining the foundations of urban youth. You might be able to hold down a job and differentiate between right and wrong and listen to rap. However, the women using, drug and thug worshiping, materialistic, anti-education rap culture is holding back urban and even suburban youth who can't differentiate. You even state that parents can make the difference. Maybe in the suburbs but not in the projects or dysfunctional families.

The Rolling Stones made some great music--icons in music yes--anything else? Hardly. At least Presley served his country and didn't badmouth it.

Define "badmouthing" one's country. Is it having an opinion?

If you disagreed with the way that Syracuse's president was running your alma mater, would that by badmouthing the Cuse if you spoke up about it?
06-22-2006 09:48 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

Sophandros Wrote:
TexanMark Wrote:
william146 Wrote:
TexanMark Wrote:
william146 Wrote:
Lethemeul Wrote:

lmfao

Define "badmouthing" one's country. Is it having an opinion?

If you disagreed with the way that Syracuse's president was running your alma mater, would that by badmouthing the Cuse if you spoke up about it?

We are in a war--you support your country's objectives. But that is getting off the point. My opinion stands about Rap--it is a generational thing we are not agreeing.
06-23-2006 12:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.